James Harrison returns sons' "participation" trophies

The question remains unanswered. When did we begin coddling young athletes?
You're obviously sitting on some kinda answer, so spill?

If it wasn't W, Bush, or Reagan, it HAS to be Nixon

It was sometime in the 70's. Won't you agree?

By the way....stop whining. I'm not talking politics here. You fucking professional victim.
No..I was a kid in the 70's...We NEVER received participation trophies.
Prolly because you never participated.
Yeah, right....You know everything.
I know you're a whiner.

The answer is 11-14 kids.

That means that every other kid in the league DIDNT MAKE IT.

Does this fact make you feel stupid about your whining regarding participation trophies?

All you're doing when you give participation trophies is encouraging a kid to be lazy, creating a sense of entitlement and
Side question, SassyDummy......when your kids get a 2nd or third place "trophy" do you refuse to accept it? They didn't win.

They did their best, clown. They are not going to win every time, on any given day one gymnast can beat another but at least they walk away knowing they gave 100% and didn't get some meaningless hunk of junk for showing up. They laugh at the notion everyone gets a trophy and will be the first ones to tell you if you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch. There is nothing wrong with a second or third place finish when the field is usually made up of 30 or more gymnasts. All you are doing by handing participation trophies out is creating a sense of entitlement, promoting laziness and you do nothing for a child's self esteem. They know when they look at the medals and trophies they have won they did it with hard work, practice, dedication and they earned them. Nobody gave them a damn thing , that pays off later in life

You don't know anything about this subject. But you sure are good at making excuses for your kids when they don't win. The did their best! Wow! That's awesome.

Answer the question please. When did we begin giving out participation trophies and ribbons to all young participants in youth sports?
You'll give an answer that is self serving to you.....So why bother.
You've already been told anyway.....

That one is a moron and I hope he/she isn't a parent. I don't make excuses for our children, I know they are not going to win every meet, no kid is. Moronic reply from a complete moron

You hope I'm not a parent? Sorry to disappoint.

By the way....stop whining. I'm not talking politics here. You fucking professional victim.

Sure we did. Every player got some kind of memento to remember the team by. Maybe they didn't like you enough to give you one.
Who is "we"?
I can understand why you loathe my existence. Good. I don't want you or any other lefty shit head to like me.
The more you hate me, the more you will learn.
I want you to hate me.....Go ahead. You are seething right now because you can't get under my skin. I am here and you are powerless to stop that...
Oh, trust this....You care....Otherwise you'd not respond. You're a lib. You MUST have the last word....

All you're doing when you give participation trophies is encouraging a kid to be lazy, creating a sense of entitlement and
Side question, SassyDummy......when your kids get a 2nd or third place "trophy" do you refuse to accept it? They didn't win.

They did their best, clown. They are not going to win every time, on any given day one gymnast can beat another but at least they walk away knowing they gave 100% and didn't get some meaningless hunk of junk for showing up. They laugh at the notion everyone gets a trophy and will be the first ones to tell you if you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch. There is nothing wrong with a second or third place finish when the field is usually made up of 30 or more gymnasts. All you are doing by handing participation trophies out is creating a sense of entitlement, promoting laziness and you do nothing for a child's self esteem. They know when they look at the medals and trophies they have won they did it with hard work, practice, dedication and they earned them. Nobody gave them a damn thing , that pays off later in life

You don't know anything about this subject.

Answer the question please. When did we begin giving out participation trophies and ribbons to all young participants in youth sports?

What difference does it make when it started? The fact is it does nothing for a child. My guess is it started when you left loons realized your loser kids couldn't compete with ours and decided that wasn't "fair". Take "fair" and shove it, we raise champions, kids that will rise to the top while the ones who show up and get rewarded will go nowhere in life
Now LL is going to tell us how "excellent" his kids are......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

You seem jealous.
I don't do "seem".....Why would I care about your kids. They are YOUR kids.
You live vicariously through them.....Not me.

You don't know anything about this subject.

What difference does it make when it started? The fact is it does nothing for a child. My guess is it started when you left loons realized your loser kids couldn't compete with ours and decided that wasn't "fair". Take "fair" and shove it, we raise champions, kids that will rise to the top while the ones who show up and get rewarded will go nowhere in life
Now LL is going to tell us how "excellent" his kids are......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

You seem jealous.
I don't do "seem".....Why would I care about your kids. They are YOUR kids.
You live vicariously through them.....Not me.

Yeah. You are upset. What a shame.

Best quote I've heard, from our kid's grandpa.

"Kids need to compete and recognize winner, place and show...and scream at the rest to get their shit together. Those others will excel somewhere else...or be left totally behind....at the mercy of the Libtards.

Sure I did, I played little league baseball many summers. I also was in a marching band, school newspaper, yearbook, FFA and on and on. I don't need a trophy to remind me I participated.

Now, with you and your memory and mental issues, I'm sure you need them.

Sure we did. Every player got some kind of memento to remember the team by. Maybe they didn't like you enough to give you one.

Not any of the groups I was with gave out silly things like that. Of course I wasn't in the Special Olympics like you were, I do know they gave them to you and the other kids. :)

Sure I did, I played little league baseball many summers. I also was in a marching band, school newspaper, yearbook, FFA and on and on. I don't need a trophy to remind me I participated.

If you played little league....you got something for participating.

Not any of the groups I was with gave out silly things like that. Of course I wasn't in the Special Olympics like you were, I do know they gave them to you and the other kids. :)

Nutters: Bringing the unfunny..........every day.

Nutters: Bringing the unfunny..........every day.

Yes you did and it wasn't funny, mine was a response to your stupidity. Thanks for the set up. Your disability is you are mentally challenged. It didn't take long to realize that.

:clap2:
Good man!!!

Not everybody deserves a trophy

James Harrison rejects sons participation trophies

“I came home to find out that my boys received two trophies for nothing, participation trophies! While I am very proud of my boys for everything they do and will encourage them till the day I die, these trophies will be given back until they EARN a real trophy. I’m sorry I’m not sorry for believing that everything in life should be earned and I’m not about to raise to boys to be men by making them believe that they are entitled to something just because they tried their best…cause sometimes your best is not enough, and that should drive you to want to do better…not cry and whine until somebody gives you something to shut u up and keep you happy. #harrisonfamilyvalues
Good for him....This liberal clap trap is ruining the country and creating generations of whiny little brats.
A friend once coached baseball for 10-12 year olds.
After the tournament season was over, the best players were rewarded for their outstanding performances with trophies.
One of the boys on the team absolutely LOST IT....This kid started sobbing. And once the ceremony was over. He burst into a fit...
So what did his parents do? They found out which shop made the trophies and BOUGHT ONE one for HIS kid.....Unreal....
I've coach basket ball from 4th graders all the way to senior high school. Then off season summer league with other cities. Just want to share couple of trophy stories..
1. His son was not picked as MVP. He went to team bench grab the trophy and gave it to his son. The kid gave it back to the real mvp.
2. Championship game, unbeaten team vs big time underdog. During game the unbeaten team got cocky and over confident. First 2 players got ejected, 3rd quarter best player sprain ankle then another got poked in the eye. Four players out they lost the game. During t-award. All 12 players crying loud I mean loud. Parents came to rescue but end crying. Parents and players crying all at the same time loud. All audiences was laughing.

"Kids need to compete and recognize winner, place and show...and scream at the rest to get their shit together. Those others will excel somewhere else...or be left totally behind....at the mercy of the Libtards.
Show = participate. Clue the old man in.

Amazing how stung you are over my comment to someone else. Need recognition, much?

Show = participate. Clue the old man in.

Show = third. Get a clue. Oh I forgot, you got trophies for showing up and never reached the big time AHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you played little league....you got something for participating.

Nope, I didn't.

Look at you making fun of special needs kids.

Forum List

Back