hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
:clap2:
Good man!!!

Not everybody deserves a trophy

James Harrison rejects sons participation trophies

“I came home to find out that my boys received two trophies for nothing, participation trophies! While I am very proud of my boys for everything they do and will encourage them till the day I die, these trophies will be given back until they EARN a real trophy. I’m sorry I’m not sorry for believing that everything in life should be earned and I’m not about to raise to boys to be men by making them believe that they are entitled to something just because they tried their best…cause sometimes your best is not enough, and that should drive you to want to do better…not cry and whine until somebody gives you something to shut u up and keep you happy. #harrisonfamilyvalues

Excellent. Good for him.

HBO's Real Sports did a segment on this.

That's a lousy thing to do to a kid, all in the name of phony "self esteem".

You're not helping a child by doing this, in fact it's the complete opposite. They learn to be complacent and have no competitive drive and later in life they will suffer for it

Excellent. Good for him. HBO's Real Sports did a segment on this. That's a lousy thing to do to a kid, all in the name of phony "self esteem". .
You're not helping a child by doing this, in fact it's the complete opposite. They learn to be complacent and have no competitive drive and later in life they will suffer for it
We pump our kids full of phony "self esteem" and the results are predictable: Confident Idiots American Students Growing More Confident Less Capable - The College Fix

Excellent. Good for him. HBO's Real Sports did a segment on this. That's a lousy thing to do to a kid, all in the name of phony "self esteem". .
We pump our kids full of phony "self esteem" and the results are predictable: Confident Idiots American Students Growing More Confident Less Capable - The College Fix

Our twins compete in gymnastics, there are no participation trophies, you place third or better or you go home empty handed.

What a bunch of idiots.

My son ( baseball, basketball ) and my daughter ( fastpitch, volleyball, soccer ) each received participation trophies when young. They got them as a memento of good times with their teams.

As they grew....they moved into competitive levels of play. They both ended up being team leaders and earned the respect of teammates, coaches and opponents for their fierce competitive spirit.

This entire meme is a failure.

LL, All levels of play should be competitive. Anything else teaches that games can be focused on things other than winning which is a loser mentality.

What a bunch of idiots.

My son ( baseball, basketball ) and my daughter ( fastpitch, volleyball, soccer ) each received participation trophies when young. They got them as a memento of good times with their teams.

As they grew....they moved into competitive levels of play. They both ended up being team leaders and earned the respect of teammates, coaches and opponents for their fierce competitive spirit.

LOL what a load

What a bunch of idiots.

LOL what a load

What's a load, dummy?

What a bunch of idiots.

LOL what a load

What's a load, dummy?

Your BS stories are always a load.....dummy. No kid gets coddled and gets a "feel good" trophy then becomes a leader. Doesn't happen

This is how you teach children to be champions, this song is played at our twin's gym everyday. You get behind them and tell them they can do anything they want but it's not going to be handed to them, it takes hard work, dedication and a never give up attitude. We're raising champions and the ones they will beat in life are the ones that received "feel good" trophies.

What a bunch of idiots.

Why, of all the posters at this site, am I not surprised that you would be the one detractor?

A Trophy is a reward. It is not a "memento", fCs.
Keep the hat or a ticket stub if you want a souvenir.
Trophies are for winning.

tro·phy/ˈtrōfē/
noun

a cup or other decorative object awarded as a prize for a victory or success.

Forum List

Back