James Hansen Wishes he Wasn’t So Right about Global Warming

No. I think they must study these cycles in depth because understanding them is key to understanding where the planet is going. They have been occurring for more than 3 million years. It's not something to gloss over. You can't just say orbital cycles and leave it at that. It actually has to be able to explain the trigger for glacial periods and the return to interglacial periods. The obvious answer is temperature. And the obvious answer for that is the ocean because that's where the heat is stored. And this makes 100% sense because of the unique landmass configuration of the planet, especially the northern hemisphere and it's sensitivity to temperature change.
View attachment 877787
Once again, in your DISHONEST effort to deny AGW, you have put up a graph with a Scale that would not show IF there was a basis for AGW or Not! (10 Million yrs, LOL)
It does Not/CANNOT show whether or not Man warmed the planet in the last 150 years. The time in question, nor the normal variation in shorter periods that is NOT natural in ours.

This is intentionally Dishonest. We're way beyond your natural stupidity due to explanations by me/others.
It's irrelevant Bullshlt.
You're a Truth Crook.

Recent WaPo
1703386503438.png

"""Scientists are confident that, apart from the global warming of recent decades, it was Earth's warmest period in the past 100,000 years.
They estimate that temperatures averaged somewhere between 0.2 degrees Celsius and 1 degree Celsius (0.36 to 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than they were from 1850-1900.

Earth is at its hottest in thousands of years. Here's how we know.

`

Last edited:
No telling when. If past performance is any indication it's still 2C away. As for why it will happen? Really? You don't know? Salinity and density changes due to temperature change and wind pattern changes due to solar variability changes.
What makes you think the Earth is going to warm another 2C from glacial cycle forcing?

1703423062781.png

This shows many degrees of varation between interglacial peaks.

while this
1703423116887.png

and this
1703423143182.png

and this
1703423176766.png

show us well past the peak and cooling.

Once again, in your DISHONEST effort to deny AGW, you have put up a graph with a Scale that would not show IF there was a basis for AGW or Not! (10 Million yrs, LOL)
It does Not/CANNOT show whether or not Man warmed the planet in the last 150 years. The time in question, nor the normal variation in shorter periods that is NOT natural in ours.

This is intentionally Dishonest. We're way beyond your natural stupidity due to explanations by me/others.
You're a Truth Crook.

Recent WaPo
View attachment 877950

"""Scientists are confident that, apart from the global warming of recent decades, it was Earth's warmest period in the past 100,000 years.
They estimate that temperatures averaged somewhere between 0.2 degrees Celsius and 1 degree Celsius (0.36 to 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than they were from 1850-1900.

`
Scales? Hahaha. The convenience of exaggerating . 1 of something is a warmer passion

What makes you think the Earth is going to warm another 2C from glacial cycle forcing?

View attachment 878049
This shows many degrees of varation between interglacial peaks.

while this
View attachment 878050
and this
View attachment 878051
and this
View attachment 878052
show us well past the peak and cooling.
Because this interglacial is 2C cooler than previous interglacial periods despite your attempt to post bogus data. It would be a really neat trick to have the same temperature as the previous interglacial periods with 26 ft shallower seas.

You're a Truth Crook.

Recent WaPo
View attachment 877950

`
I can't help it if you don't understand the big picture. It's because you don't look at all the data that you have mistaken a natural warming trend for AGW.

Eccentricity is the only movement that changes orbital radius and it has the least effect. Obliquity changes the intensity of our seasons while Precession changes which hemisphere will have the most dramatic seasonal change. Obliquity has the largest impact on the glacial-interglacial cycle.

As shown above, this is wrong

Vertical movement is driven by density. Broad circulation both of air and water is driven by the Coriolis force. The tides create short scale movements. Consisten wind patterns can also drive regional currents.

Like the seasons

We learn something new every day.

Why didn't the sun warm that cooler air?

You've explained weather. What you haven't explained is how Milankovitch forcing melts millions of square miles of ice without a little help.
Look if you don't want to believe that solar forcing effectively alters solar radiation received and can impact wind patterns, that's on you.

But you still haven't proven how orbital cycles can impact temperatures by 2C and causes glacial and interglacial periods. Heat circulation being disrupted and restored to the Arctic does that. So be a moron. I don't care.

Look if you don't want to believe that solar forcing effectively alters solar radiation received and can impact wind patterns, that's on you.
If you lack a basic understanding of the Milakovitch cycles, just admit it.
But you still haven't proven how orbital cycles can impact temperatures by 2C and causes glacial and interglacial periods.
Milankovitch followed by positive feedback from CO2 and water vapor. Read a few studies by Jeremy Shakun. It's his specialty.
Heat circulation being disrupted and restored to the Arctic does that. So be a moron. I don't care.
Explain what drives your cycle.

If you lack a basic understanding of the Milakovitch cycles, just admit it.

Milankovitch followed by positive feedback from CO2 and water vapor. Read a few studies by Jeremy Shakun. It's his specialty.

Explain what drives your cycle.
Show me the math how much orbital forcing can temperatures up and down. Walk me through it.

Because according to you it's only 7 W/m^2, right?

Show me the math how much orbital forcing can temperatures up and down. Walk me through it.

Because according to you it's only 7 W/m^2, right?
You keep forgetting that old saw about extraordinary claims. My position is the position of a very strong majority of mainstream science because that's where I got it. As far as can be told from the repeatedly ignored requests that you provide supporting links, your position is YOURS ALONE. It's your responsibility - and has been for a great long while - to provide some evidence supporting your view.

You keep forgetting that old saw about extraordinary claims. My position is the position of a very strong majority of mainstream science because that's where I got it. As far as can be told from the repeatedly ignored requests that you provide supporting links, your position is YOURS ALONE. It's your responsibility - and has been for a great long while - to provide some evidence supporting your view.
Really? What extraordinary claim do you think I am making?

What a fucking idiotic, insane, lying piece of shit!!!!
"...Another project looks back much further in time, in trying to understand connections between deep ocean circulation and the timing of Earth's ice ages. Observations indicate the pacing of ice ages changed about a million years ago, with ice ages becoming longer in duration and more intense. I am using a sediment core from the South Atlantic Ocean to reconstruct changes in deep ocean circulation over the Mid-Pleistocene Transition when ice ages became more intense and longer. I want to understand what role deep ocean circulation may have played in contributing to this major climate transition..."

"...Another project looks back much further in time, in trying to understand connections between deep ocean circulation and the timing of Earth's ice ages. Observations indicate the pacing of ice ages changed about a million years ago, with ice ages becoming longer in duration and more intense. I am using a sediment core from the South Atlantic Ocean to reconstruct changes in deep ocean circulation over the Mid-Pleistocene Transition when ice ages became more intense and longer. I want to understand what role deep ocean circulation may have played in contributing to this major climate transition..."

Your stupid fucking idea has no way to create multiple glacial cycles. You missed that wee point, dincha. Liar.

Your stupid fucking idea has no way to create multiple glacial cycles. You missed that wee point, dincha. Liar.

Forum List

Back