Jack Ruby invited FBI informant to 'watch the fireworks' at parade where JFK was killed

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
More unanswered questions about that day in 1963.

On the day President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, the man who later shot Lee Harvey Oswald invited an FBI informant to come and “watch the fireworks” with him at the fateful parade, according to newly released documents.

Jack Ruby — convicted of killing Oswald, who shot Kennedy on Nov. 22, 1963 — then attended the parade with the FBI informant, later revealed to be Bob Vanderslice of Dallas, as reported by CBS.

“He was with Jack Ruby and standing at the corner of the Postal Annex Building facing the Texas School Book Depository Building at the time of the shooting,” reads the FBI document, released as a part of the JFK files.
Jack Ruby invited FBI informant to 'watch the fireworks' at parade where JFK was killed

AP_17299708097887

IMO Carlos Marcello ordered the hit on JFK, and elements of the CIA & the mob effected the hit.

In 1963, Sam and Joe Campisi were leading figures in the Dallas underworld. Jack Ruby knew the Campisis and had been seen with them on many occasions. The Campisis were lieutenants of Carlos Marcello.

YMMV

Last edited:
More unanswered questions about that day in 1963.

On the day President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas, the man who later shot Lee Harvey Oswald invited an FBI informant to come and “watch the fireworks” with him at the fateful parade, according to newly released documents.

Jack Ruby — convicted of killing Oswald, who shot Kennedy on Nov. 22, 1963 — then attended the parade with the FBI informant, later revealed to be Bob Vanderslice of Dallas, as reported by CBS.

“He was with Jack Ruby and standing at the corner of the Postal Annex Building facing the Texas School Book Depository Building at the time of the shooting,” reads the FBI document, released as a part of the JFK files.

AP_17299708097887

Interesting. Would have been more interesting if the guy had said that in 1963, instead of 1977.

Interesting. Would have been more interesting if the guy had said that in 1963, instead of 1977.
Or if the 2017 files were all released unredacted.
The FBI did not learn about the comment until March 1977, according to the document, which also said Vanderslice had been providing the IRS “reliable” information on “Dallas bookmakers.”

Last edited:
Ruby was well known withing the DPD and was friends with more than several police officers. So it's not inconceivable that he knew the agent, as many people were patrons at Ruby's strip club.

Dallas was alot smaller back then than it is now so with the visit of a President, everyone who was anyone turned out to see him drive by.

Or if the 2017 files were all released unredacted.
The FBI did not learn about the comment until March 1977, according to the document, which also said Vanderslice had been providing the IRS “reliable” information on “Dallas bookmakers.”
True, it does say he was giving "reliable" information on "Dallas bookmakers", but that doesn't mean his claim about Ruby was valid. Although I know you can't answer for him, I wonder why didn't he come forward in 1963?

From the op
Right after Kennedy’s death, Gallup found that 52 percent of Americans thought Oswald was part of a larger conspiracy, with just 29 percent saying he killed the president by himself. The belief that others worked alongside Oswald has never dipped below 50 percent in Gallup polling, and peaked at 81 percent in 1976.

The conspiracies range from a second shooter to the CIA to the Mafia being involved.

The National Archives has been releasing previously-classified documents about Kennedy’s assassination because of a law passed by President George H.W. Bush in 1992. Under that law, the documents were set to have been released automatically on Oct. 26, USA Today reported.

President Donald Trump had the ability to delay the release of the documents, and they have been released in five batches so far, including 10,744 on Friday, according to ABC2.

True, it does say he was giving "reliable" information on "Dallas bookmakers", but that doesn't mean his claim about Ruby was valid. Although I know you can't answer for him, I wonder why didn't he come forward in 1963?
Some people were ordered not to, like the autopsy doctors, and others were afraid to especially after some witnesses began disappearing or meeting untimely deaths.
Deaths of Witnesses Connected to the assassination of John F. Kennedy

You will forgive me, I hope, when I say that no one was afraid to come forward the last week of November, 1963; The first "murder" in your list happened in Louisiana and wasn't widely known while the second death didn't happen until December, 1963

You will forgive me, I hope, when I say that no one was afraid to come forward the last week of November, 1963; The first "murder" in your list happened in Louisiana and wasn't widely known while the second death didn't happen until December, 1963
Try the library.
https://www.amazon.com/Girl-Stairs-Missing-Witness-Assassination/dp/1455617830&tag=ff0d01-20

You might want to read her testimony to the Warren Commission before embracing that book. She was not a "missing witness"

Testimony Of Miss Victoria Elizabeth Adams

Forum List

Back