I've lurked here awhile

ozro

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2014
Off-grid Apache County, AZ
I have only recently started posting here, mostly because I'm stuck inside due to health issues.
I have read enough posts here that I feel I know some of you. I figured I would post here so if anyone cares, they might know a bit about me.
First, I am 60ish white male. I am single, but not alone. I am bisexual. I have a BT in Civil Engineering, a BS in Geology and a BS in Ag. Science.
Second, I live off-grid in Arizona. I own ten acres and a four mile easment into that property which borders the "Newlands" section of the Navajo Nation. My nearest nieghbor is about 4 miles away, where my first gate is.
I did build that road myself, such as it is. I controll access to a large area because I own easment, and I built the road.
I am several miles from a powerline that I could tie in to, and use a combination of solar, wind and generator to create my own power. I haul my drinking water, but water for my farm comes from the rainwater i collect, or my self installed wellpoint.
I have lived off grid most of my life. I farm herbs, produce, saffron spice and medical marijuana. I raise chickens, goats and dogs. (Pit bulls and heelers) ASM uses my property and surrounding area for drills and training.
In season i sell my produce in town, i raise and sell garden starts. I sell my spices directly to certain chefs in albuquerque and Tucson.
Sanders AZ is twenty some miles away by dirt road, and i can catch I40 there. Due the the Navajo Nation being a shithole, there is nothing but a Family Dollar and a Conoco there. White folks dont go there unarmed, and commonly get robbed getting gas there.
If i want a actual grocery store, Gallup, nm , Showlow, Az or Holbrook are all about the same distance away. All are modern towns off the rez.
I have views politally that might be a little bit to the anarchy side of the right. I believe we should all live and let live, as well as treat each other with respect. I have no tolerance for trespassers or stupid people. I dont go about bothering other people, and I expect the same.
I have enjoyed reading this board for awhile, and recently have made a few posts. I lose respect for those that immediately turn to insults, rather than actual discussion. Those that start from a position of racism lose my respect and my interest immediately. I could give a rats ass what color you are, make your own way and you will have my respect.
If my candidates had won the presidential elections for the past 24 years, there would have been alternating terms of Donald Duck, Mick E. Mouse and Popeye the sailor. I have not been impressed with any presidential candidate in my lifetime, the last one I voted for was George H.W.Bush. That said; I have not hated or villianized any of our presidents, i have, and do hope for their success for our country. I thought it was insane how Mr. Obama was villianized and think the same of those doing the same to Mr Trump.
I do hate Hillary. You read that right. Its personal. I was married once, and the ex is a cousin of sid Blumenthal. She enlisted him and janet Napolitano in a very unfair fashion against me. I havnt heard from my two children in over 20 years, and its the fault of people associated with hillary clinton. Its not political, its personal.
I had one person call me crazy for commenting on here,, " it will be ok as long as you stay on your side of my gate"
Maybe that person and others will see from what Ive told you, thats not crazy. Its survival, and its kind. I get illegals passing through, methheads looking to run a lab, thieves and have even caught one person oyt here with multiple murder warrants and gang ties....way out here.
I am so far out, and have so many warning signs, its clear I want to be left alone. There is no reason, none at all, for anyone to be past my gate except to be up to no good.
I guess I typed a long intro, oh well. Read as much or as little as you want.
The pic in my profile is my great great grandfather, a civil war vet from Pennsylvania. His name was....you guessed it Ozro.
So howdy all.....

Great intro. Thanks for that, and huzzah for off-the-grid living. So welcome to the upstairs. :thup:

Was your grandfather Greek? Or did he just like pasta?

I have only recently started posting here, mostly because I'm stuck inside due to health issues.
I have read enough posts here that I feel I know some of you. I figured I would post here so if anyone cares, they might know a bit about me.
First, I am 60ish white male. I am single, but not alone. I am bisexual. I have a BT in Civil Engineering, a BS in Geology and a BS in Ag. Science.
Second, I live off-grid in Arizona. I own ten acres and a four mile easment into that property which borders the "Newlands" section of the Navajo Nation. My nearest nieghbor is about 4 miles away, where my first gate is.
I did build that road myself, such as it is. I controll access to a large area because I own easment, and I built the road.
I am several miles from a powerline that I could tie in to, and use a combination of solar, wind and generator to create my own power. I haul my drinking water, but water for my farm comes from the rainwater i collect, or my self installed wellpoint.
I have lived off grid most of my life. I farm herbs, produce, saffron spice and medical marijuana. I raise chickens, goats and dogs. (Pit bulls and heelers) ASM uses my property and surrounding area for drills and training.
In season i sell my produce in town, i raise and sell garden starts. I sell my spices directly to certain chefs in albuquerque and Tucson.
Sanders AZ is twenty some miles away by dirt road, and i can catch I40 there. Due the the Navajo Nation being a shithole, there is nothing but a Family Dollar and a Conoco there. White folks dont go there unarmed, and commonly get robbed getting gas there.
If i want a actual grocery store, Gallup, nm , Showlow, Az or Holbrook are all about the same distance away. All are modern towns off the rez.
I have views politally that might be a little bit to the anarchy side of the right. I believe we should all live and let live, as well as treat each other with respect. I have no tolerance for trespassers or stupid people. I dont go about bothering other people, and I expect the same.
I have enjoyed reading this board for awhile, and recently have made a few posts. I lose respect for those that immediately turn to insults, rather than actual discussion. Those that start from a position of racism lose my respect and my interest immediately. I could give a rats ass what color you are, make your own way and you will have my respect.
If my candidates had won the presidential elections for the past 24 years, there would have been alternating terms of Donald Duck, Mick E. Mouse and Popeye the sailor. I have not been impressed with any presidential candidate in my lifetime, the last one I voted for was George H.W.Bush. That said; I have not hated or villianized any of our presidents, i have, and do hope for their success for our country. I thought it was insane how Mr. Obama was villianized and think the same of those doing the same to Mr Trump.
I do hate Hillary. You read that right. Its personal. I was married once, and the ex is a cousin of sid Blumenthal. She enlisted him and janet Napolitano in a very unfair fashion against me. I havnt heard from my two children in over 20 years, and its the fault of people associated with hillary clinton. Its not political, its personal.
I had one person call me crazy for commenting on here,, " it will be ok as long as you stay on your side of my gate"
Maybe that person and others will see from what Ive told you, thats not crazy. Its survival, and its kind. I get illegals passing through, methheads looking to run a lab, thieves and have even caught one person oyt here with multiple murder warrants and gang ties....way out here.
I am so far out, and have so many warning signs, its clear I want to be left alone. There is no reason, none at all, for anyone to be past my gate except to be up to no good.
The pic in my profile is my great great grandfather, a civil war vet from Pennsylvania. His name was....you guessed it Ozro.
So howdy all.....

Saffron a nice luxury.

Welcome to the board (if a bit late, since you've been here for a while). A sadly large number of posters go straight to insults and stereotypes, but there is also some good discussion and debate that can be found. The trick is having the patience to wade through the chaff to find the wheat. :)

So howdy all.....

:goodposting:

:hello77:

Welcome!
Hope your health issues are short lived, but 'til then I hope we can entertain you.

Ozro wasnt greek, english but he did like to eat, according to family lore.
My health issues are short lived, i got pnemonia and strep because I didnt slow down when I had the flu. Then i spen a night outside looking for a goat, without preparing....like taking a jacket.

So howdy all.....
Welcome
You live an interesting life

You should offer a different perspective

Living off the grid....where do you get your internet?

So howdy all.....
Welcome
You live an interesting life

You should offer a different perspective

Living off the grid....where do you get your internet?
Verizon cell phone niehbor. I also have siriusxm, but no tv.

Welcome!
Hope your health issues are short lived, but 'til then I hope we can entertain you.
Seriously, OL?

2 ways to take that
I'm not following you at all.
I think maybe you've been hanging around in the Flame Zone too much.
Hope your health issues are short lived,

Geddit?

So howdy all.....

"I have only recently started posting here, mostly because I'm stuck inside due to health issues."

I hope you are back to good health very soon, I wish you well.

Also Hello.

Welcome!
Seriously, OL?

2 ways to take that

"Hope your health issues are short lived,"

are you hoping he gets better, or dies?

Welcome!
Seriously, OL?

2 ways to take that

"Hope your health issues are short lived,"

are you hoping he gets better, or dies?

^^^^ We post this at the same time :omg:

So howdy all.....
Welcome

Damn, I don't even know this much about myself.

Welcome!

^^^^ This is OL right now:

e34ae9f64ae45580abfa73e61fd98e6da7278b76e4b644a6546bc87588cd786c.jpg

This is OL in twenty minutes from now:

19a9877bdaaba3a0a21233199e0b63e0.jpg

Forum List

Back