Zone1 I've finally grown old enough to desire a Lounge

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Or I could just be tired and in need of a safe place to people watch.

Not sure which reputation proceeds me, but then again it's not like I really care what others think of me, as long as they stay civil and respectful.

This is a safe place. Do not fear the denizens. They don't bite. Unless of course their dentures are in.

Last edited:
A lounge?... do you mean a cocktail bar?... or a lazy boy recliner?...
Not a chair. I am now starting to lounge around Lounges. It's time. Time to shed the September of the years. Autumn has faded and Winter is doing it's thing.

The one thing a recliner did for me, was help me sleep after extreme vertigo. For days. Now, no recliner.

I have a very comfortable home office I lounge in... super comfy chair at my desk with a very expensive sound system... but I have to guard against sitting in there too much so even when its cold and snowing I go out and get fresh air on long walks...
Or I take my golf cart to the clubhouse and get shitfaced....

I have a very comfortable home office I lounge in... super comfy chair at my desk with a very expensive sound system... but I have to guard against sitting in there too much so even when its cold and snowing I go out and get fresh air on long walks...
Or I take my golf cart to the clubhouse and get shitfaced....
Blood clots?

I used to have a serious sound system. Incredible speakers. I gave it all up when I started to wander/roam again, and end up living in studio apts. Already did a few years of being a nomad, and living in a Jeep. I now use a damn good Hyperboom speaker/usb

Wow! Who knew Dante would ever...

But losing friends and family and having a few serious accidents/injuries, illness and... Old age is setting in. Can't escape it. Preparing myself, all while living in the present. No surprises. No risks, no rewards.

Blood clots?

I used to have a serious sound system. Incredible speakers. I gave it all up when I started to wander/roam again, and end up living in studio apts. Already did a few years of being a nomad, and living in a Jeep. I now use a damn good Hyperboom speaker/usb
Don't laugh. :omg:

I had some seriously large blood clots. Now damaged vales in the veins. But eh... :laugh:

Nothing going to stop me. What has happened is I've been pushed back and had to slow down, but now working on getting either the 'mo' or the 'jo' of my mojo back.

Too late. He kicked the damn door in. :laugh: But it's all good. I will not defy life. I loved what Joseph Campbell once called his 'decrepitude.' I am enjoying my decrepitude on many levels. I used to pick up bodies in the funereal business. So, like Woody Alllen, I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Forum List

Back