I've changed sides

catatomic

Gold Member
Nov 28, 2012
Well I think the consensus global warming science is wrong now. Hopefully I can hang with the other side.

I am convinced that they do not treat people seriously enough who try to go against the consensus. It is like string theory - non-observable, non-repeatable, non-falsifiable, non-testable. They were saying it (AGW) since the '50s, when we really didn't have any evidence, perhaps to ease people's minds about nukes. There are definite financial incentives, such as vaccines and abortion services.

The charts that I relied on from the M.I.T. class were not conclusive enough to show a steady prediction.

Top Scientist Resigns Admitting Global Warming Is A Big Scam

I am not trying to tell anyone who to vote for but just taking a stand on this one issue.

OK. When Dr. Lewis can provide us with a scientific explanation of what we are seeing right now on this planet, I will listen to the old fart. Until then, he is just another over the hill fool denying the science.

The climate has been getting warmer, it does that on its own. Been doing it for eons. Relax and throw some more charcoal on the grill.

Well I think the consensus global warming science is wrong now. Hopefully I can hang with the other side.

I am convinced that they do not treat people seriously enough who try to go against the consensus. It is like string theory - non-observable, non-repeatable, non-falsifiable, non-testable. They were saying it (AGW) since the '50s, when we really didn't have any evidence, perhaps to ease people's minds about nukes. There are definite financial incentives, such as vaccines and abortion services.

The charts that I relied on from the M.I.T. class were not conclusive enough to show a steady prediction.

I am not trying to tell anyone who to vote for but just taking a stand on this one issue.

461116200-national-football-league-referee-ron-torbert-gettyimages-e1446041244191.jpg

I'm sorry, this is USMB --- you CANNOT "change sides". That is heresy.

Penalty for heresy is.... well I'm not sure but it's bad. Pretty sure in involves medieval devices.

I'm not sure there are "sides" to change on this anyway.

e·on
ˈēən,ˈēˌän/
noun
  1. an indefinite and very long period of time, often a period exaggerated for humorous or rhetorical effect.
    "he reached the crag eons before I arrived"
    • ASTRONOMYGEOLOGY
      a unit of time equal to a billion years.
    • GEOLOGY
      a major division of geological time, subdivided into eras.
      "the Precambrian eon"
Well now, silly ignorant ass, you lose even more on that. For most of past eons, the world has been warmer, with a few glacial periods thrown in.

Weather Channel Founder Slams Global Warming: "The Theory Has Failed" | Zero Hedge

OK. When Dr. Lewis can provide us with a scientific explanation of what we are seeing right now on this planet, I will listen to the old fart. Until then, he is just another over the hill fool denying the science.
Standard alarmist drivel...

Dr Lewis has stated his opinion and shown his work. You appear to be to stupid to understand it. He has confirmed that there is no scientific basis for the A in AGW, which destroys your premise...

The climate has been getting warmer, it does that on its own. Been doing it for eons. Relax and throw some more charcoal on the grill.
On the contrary, for the last 6000 years, until the advent of the Industrial Age, the climate was slowly cooling.

Climate myths: It’s been far warmer in the past, what’s the big deal?

dn11647-4_600.jpg
Funny how scientists only attribute the temperature rise of that to the last 30 years now, yet they've been saying global warming was manmade for around 70 years. Make up your mind, did AGW start in 1860, 1950, or 1985?

Weather Channel Founder Slams Global Warming: "The Theory Has Failed" | Zero Hedge
John Coleman (news weathercaster) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Professional career[edit]

Coleman started his career in 1953 at WCIA in Champaign, Illinois, doing the early evening weather forecast and a local bandstand show called At The Hop while he was a student at University of Illinois. After receiving his journalism degree in 1957, he became the weather anchor for WCIA's sister station WMBD-TV in Peoria, Illinois. Coleman was also a weather anchor for KETV in Omaha,WISN-TV in Milwaukee and then WBBM-TV and WLS-TV in Chicago.[2][5]

Eyewitness News team, 1972. Back, from left: anchor John Drury, anchor Joel Daly. Front, from left: weatherman John Coleman, anchorFahey Flynn, sportscaster Bill Frink.
Coleman became the original weathercaster on what was then the brand-new ABC network morning program, Good Morning America. He stayed seven years with this top-rated program anchored by David Hartman and Joan Lunden.[2]

In 1981, he persuaded communications entrepreneur Frank Batten to help establish The Weather Channel, serving as TWC's CEO and President during the start-up and its first year of operation. After being forced out of TWC,[6] Coleman became weather anchor at WCBS-TVin New York and then at WMAQ-TV in Chicago, before moving to Southern California to join the independent television station, KUSI-TV in San Diego, in what Coleman fondly calls "his retirement job."[2] Coleman abruptly left KUSI while on vacation in April 2014, with no on-air farewell.[4]

He has the same bona fides as Al Gore to be commenting on the validity of global warming. The differance is he is contradicting what the scientists that study the issue are stating, rather than paraphrasing it for layman reading.

"I've changed sides"

That there are those who perceive ‘sides’ is the problem.
On a scientific issue, and that is what global warming is, there are no sides. Just what the evidence and observations indicate. That the 'Conservatives' have made it a matter of sides is an indication that they are not interested in the science, just the politics of it.

e·on
ˈēən,ˈēˌän/
noun
  1. an indefinite and very long period of time, often a period exaggerated for humorous or rhetorical effect.
    "he reached the crag eons before I arrived"
    • ASTRONOMYGEOLOGY
      a unit of time equal to a billion years.
    • GEOLOGY
      a major division of geological time, subdivided into eras.
      "the Precambrian eon"
Well now, silly ignorant ass, you lose even more on that. For most of past eons, the world has been warmer, with a few glacial periods thrown in.

Just sort of went straight over your head like normal huh?

Why are facts summed up into a conspiracy? Ice sheets are melting, its getting warmer and drier and the weather is totally freakinkin out. Facts are facts. We aren't seeing Elvis holding hands with the Loc ness monster.

Well, thank you for correcting me. There are not wrong or right scientists just like there is not good or bad science. That's something many too often forget. I still think, MaryL, that the whole picture should be looked at on the scientific end. I simply was persuaded to look at it more closely by things that didn't seem right, and my own science led me to see it differently. I got somewhere like a 34/36 on the ACT in science. I have a Master's in Math and a Minor in Physics.

"I've changed sides"

On a scientific issue, and that is what global warming is, there are no sides. Just what the evidence and observations indicate. That the 'Conservatives' have made it a matter of sides is an indication that they are not interested in the science, just the politics of it.
Funny, We've been asking you to produce said evidence and you cant seem to find it... And then you post up political crap...

"I've changed sides"

The conservatives have made it a matter of sides because you are wasting our valuable money.
Don't even tell us this is the greatest threat to our nation with a straight face. It's a political money grab, of those who have no conscience.

You need to be a little more open minded. That man isn't denying science, He made it his occupation.
There is a perfectly acceptable reason for what we are seeing now. The Sun. Unusually high solar flare activity, which is starting to wane. We're gonna make it.

Gather your information from scientists whose livelihoods don't rely on government grants for a more accurate assessment. Or you can take it from an even more reliable source:

United Nations climate official Ottmar Edenhofer:

One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with the environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole,” said Edenhofer, who co-chaired the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working group on Mitigation of Climate Change from 2008 to 2015.

We redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy, said Edenhofer.

For those who want to believe that maybe Edenhofer just misspoke and doesn’t really mean that, consider that a little more than five years ago he also said that “the next world climate summit in Cancun is actually an economy summit during which the distribution of the world’s resources will be negotiated.

Forum List

Back