I’ve always voted Republican. Until now.

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
I'm sure some republicans feel this way. Really worth a read.
I am the son of a World War II and Korean War veteran. As a young man, the men I respected most were my father and my uncles, who collectively fought in the Battle of the Atlantic and the invasions of North Africa, Sicily, D-Day, Iwo Jima and Inchon. I came of age in the service of our nation. I never had a draft card. I entered the U.S. Naval Academy before my 18th birthday and served in the Navy for five years. My older brother volunteered as well. Simply put, it was expected. We were raised in a good Catholic home and believed in God and country. My wife of 44 years and I have sought to pass these values to our kids and grandkids.

And I have always voted for Republicans for president. Not this year.

The compelling rationale behind this decision: leadership. A good leader must demonstrate such qualities as competence, integrity, empathy, character and temperament. Hillary Clinton has these essential qualities. Donald Trump does not.

Trump simply lacks the competence to serve as president of the United States. His knowledge of economic policy and foreign affairs is rudimentary, at best; his views are misguided. His threat to impose prohibitive tariffs on trade would repeat mistakes that contributed to the Great Depression. His words and actions have rattled our European and Asian allies at a time when Russia and China are resurgent. He has demonstrated neither the capacity nor the inclination to learn from experts in global economics.

Trump claims great business prowess. Running the U.S. government is perhaps the most complex global chief executive job in the world. Everything one does as the leader of the free world is watched by markets, foreign governments, our competitors and our enemies. This requires a steady hand and temperament.

When I worked at General Motors, our global operations comprised more than 100 plants and roughly a quarter-million employees. Supply-chain management and the orchestration of commodities, parts and components around the globe required a multinational, interdisciplinary effort. In every chief executive job I have had, my team and I spent countless hours analyzing global trends, listening to experts, learning from others and making informed, reasoned decisions. Trump does none of that. While running a successful hotel business is honorable and hard work, there is no comparison to running a sophisticated global operation such as the U.S. government. Trump is simply not up to a job of this complexity.

I am the son of a World War II and Korean War veteran. As a young man, the men I respected most were my father and my uncles, who collectively fought in the Battle of the Atlantic and the invasions of North Africa, Sicily, D-Day, Iwo Jima and Inchon. I came of age in the service of our nation. I never had a draft card. I entered the U.S. Naval Academy before my 18th birthday and served in the Navy for five years. My older brother volunteered as well. Simply put, it was expected. We were raised in a good Catholic home and believed in God and country. My wife of 44 years and I have sought to pass these values to our kids and grandkids.

The compelling rationale behind this decision: leadership. A good leader must demonstrate such qualities as competence, integrity, empathy, character and temperament. Hillary Clinton has these essential qualities. Donald Trump does not.

Trump simply lacks the competence to serve as president of the United States. His knowledge of economic policy and foreign affairs is rudimentary, at best; his views are misguided. His threat to impose prohibitive tariffs on trade would repeat mistakes that contributed to the Great Depression. His words and actions have rattled our European and Asian allies at a time when Russia and China are resurgent. He has demonstrated neither the capacity nor the inclination to learn from experts in global economics.

Trump claims great business prowess. Running the U.S. government is perhaps the most complex global chief executive job in the world. Everything one does as the leader of the free world is watched by markets, foreign governments, our competitors and our enemies. This requires a steady hand and temperament.

When I worked at General Motors, our global operations comprised more than 100 plants and roughly a quarter-million employees. Supply-chain management and the orchestration of commodities, parts and components around the globe required a multinational, interdisciplinary effort. In every chief executive job I have had, my team and I spent countless hours analyzing global trends, listening to experts, learning from others and making informed, reasoned decisions. Trump does none of that. While running a successful hotel business is honorable and hard work, there is no comparison to running a sophisticated global operation such as the U.S. government. Trump is simply not up to a job of this complexity.

The article proves that you have to be delusional and a liar to be a Hillary voter.

Last edited:

The article proves you have to be delusional and a liar to be Hillary voter.
Great job addressing the article :lol: :stupid:

I highlighted the article you posted, perhaps, after you've been around for a while you'll smarten up...it seems doubtful though..

ac3mgz.jpg

I highlighted the article you posted, perhaps, after you've been around for a while you'll smarten up...it seems doubtful though..
Hillary has all of those qualities. She has experience as first lady, secretary of state, being a senator in New York, getting legislation passed, dealing with foreign leaders, negotiating, and the list goes on..

A guy at work said the same thing about always being a Republican and voting that way until now. Added he needed to start worrying about Social Security but to me that seemed just a throw-in to help him rationalize his switch.

Hillary has all of those qualities. She has experience as first lady, secretary of state, being a senator in New York, getting legislation passed, dealing with foreign leaders, negotiating, and the list goes on..

You need to do some research before you spout off your list of lies. For instance, the only legislation that Hillary originated and passed as NY Senator was naming a government office building and almost naming a few post offices, otherwise, she just voted party-line.

Last edited:

State the legislation...I need a good laugh.

You need to do some research before you spout off your list of lies. For instance, the only legislation that Hillary originated and passed as NY Senator was naming a government office building and almost naming a few post offices.

Wonder how many votes she won the office of First Lady by?
( I know there were many runner ups,)

Wonder how many votes she won Secretary of State by?
(Some say it might have been a pay off for dropping out)

Wonder why she didn't run for the senate in Arkansas, where she was First Lady for 10 years, or Illinois, where she was born and raised, instead of carpetbagging to a dark blue state while still in the White House.

She's been given every thing she has received since she married BIll

A guy at work said the same thing about always being a Republican and voting that way until now. Added he needed to start worrying about Social Security but to me that seemed just a throw-in to help him rationalize his switch.

The problem in the Republican party is that we are loaded with cry babies. Listen to the Michael Medved radio show sometime.

The thing is, there hasn't been a candidate I supported for the Republicans in the last 25 years. But when a nominee is selected, I support that nominee no matter what. Because no matter who the nominee is, it's better than any Democrat any day of the week.

This election is no different. I didn't vote for Trump in the primaries, but now that he's the nominee, he has my support.

The Democrats are so different than we Republicans. No matter who their nominee is, they will vote for them. Hilary is a criminal, she is part of the status quo, she not only put our country in jeopardy with her toy server, but can now be blackmailed into just about anything from our foes.

Nevertheless, Democrats will be out there to vote for her. I wish Republicans would lean how to do the same thing. Instead, they whine and cry because the candidate was not theirs, and they refuse to vote for them, vote a third party, or vote for the opposition thinking they can teach the RNC a lesson. And when a Democrats wins, they sit there with their finger dangling from their mouths and can't figure out why their party lost.

“The compelling rationale behind this decision: leadership. A good leader must demonstrate such qualities as competence, integrity, empathy, character and temperament. Hillary Clinton has these essential qualities. Donald Trump does not.”

True.

McCain and Romney were wrong on the issues, as is the case with any other republican candidate for president.

But at least both were competent and capable of serving as president.

Trump is not only wrong on the issues, he also has no business being president.

The problem in the Republican party is that we are loaded with cry babies. Listen to the Michael Medved radio show sometime.

The thing is, there hasn't been a candidate I supported for the Republicans in the last 25 years. But when a nominee is selected, I support that nominee no matter what. Because no matter who the nominee is, it's better than any Democrat any day of the week.

This election is no different. I didn't vote for Trump in the primaries, but now that he's the nominee, he has my support.

The Democrats are so different than we Republicans. No matter who their nominee is, they will vote for them. Hilary is a criminal, she is part of the status quo, she not only put our country in jeopardy with her toy server, but can now be blackmailed into just about anything from our foes.

Nevertheless, Democrats will be out there to vote for her. I wish Republicans would lean how to do the same thing. Instead, they whine and cry because the candidate was not theirs, and they refuse to vote for them, vote a third party, or vote for the opposition thinking they can teach the RNC a lesson. And when a Democrats wins, they sit there with their finger dangling from their mouths and can't figure out why their party lost.
When it comes to specific policies, why is it better to vote republican?

Who gives a fig who the OP or others in his position vote for????

I am sick and tired of these insecure people posting

I was going to vote for.....him or her.....

but I won't

who gives a freaking fig...shut up and do who you want to do

are you looking for sympathy? well you won't have it ok?????????

my God what weaklings!

You need to do some research before you spout off your list of lies. For instance, the only legislation that Hillary originated and passed as NY Senator was naming a government office building and almost naming a few post offices, otherwise, she just voted party-line.

Complete bullshit. YOU need to do your research so you don't look like a complete fool. Clinton co-wrote (your interpretation of "originated" is laughable) well over 1,000 pieces of legislation during her tenure, which is easily researched, although you'd need to actually do the research instead of parroting some right wing con-man. That might be a stretch for you.
Next.

Complete bullshit. YOU need to do your research so you don't look like a complete fool. Clinton co-wrote (your interpretation of "originated" is laughable) well over 1,000 pieces of legislation during her tenure, which is easily researched, although you'd need to actually do the research instead of parroting some right wing con-man. That might be a stretch for you.
Next.

It was from memory and I was a little off but here you go..Perhaps you could actually research and prove me wrong or just shut up and put your head back up Hillary's ass.

Here are THE 3 Bills Hillary Clinton Sponsored That Became Law While US Senator

Last edited:

Forum List

Back