It's what Reaganism does...wrecks the middle class and the country...

Why does your graph stop at 2007 ? Is it because the Obama years have seen the worst decline of the middle class ?
Obama hasn't been able to get the rich and giant corps to pay their fair share duh. When Reagan cut their taxes, state and local taxes on the middle class and poor rose to make up. Count ALL taxes and fees and EVERYONE is paying 20-30%, and almost all wealth goes to the richest. Great job, dupes.
So what your saying is Obama is an incompetent progressive ? I'm curious as to what someone like yourself calls a fair share. The US already has one of the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

"So what your saying is Obama is an incompetent progressive ? I'm curious as to what someone like yourself calls a fair share. The US already has one of the highest corporate tax rate in the world."

Is that why corporations (which include the rich and wealthy) only pay 12% of the total collected by the IRS?

Why does your graph stop at 2007 ? Is it because the Obama years have seen the worst decline of the middle class ?
Obama hasn't been able to get the rich and giant corps to pay their fair share duh. When Reagan cut their taxes, state and local taxes on the middle class and poor rose to make up. Count ALL taxes and fees and EVERYONE is paying 20-30%, and almost all wealth goes to the richest. Great job, dupes.
So what your saying is Obama is an incompetent progressive ? I'm curious as to what someone like yourself calls a fair share. The US already has one of the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

"So what your saying is Obama is an incompetent progressive ? I'm curious as to what someone like yourself calls a fair share. The US already has one of the highest corporate tax rate in the world."

Is that why corporations (which include the rich and wealthy) only pay 12% of the total collected by the IRS?

You've discovered that corporate taxes aren't a very good way to collect revenue.

You've discovered that corporate taxes aren't a very good way to collect revenue.

I've addressed the illusion that corporations and the rich are over-taxed.

Yes, your confusion between revenue and profit is well known

The middle class is a threat to the 1 percent. Gotta stomp on em. Only in america. Heck there are folk here who are upset a Verizon worker got a small raise. How weird is that?

It wouldn't surprise me. That's why they bank on certain candidates. They've done better under obama.

It wouldn't surprise me. That's why they bank on certain candidates. They've done better under obama.

The rich and corporations have done better than workers over the last 45 years due to favorable laws past by Republicans, and favorable tax rules installed during Republican administrations.

The middle class is a threat to the 1 percent. Gotta stomp on em. Only in america. Heck there are folk here who are upset a Verizon worker got a small raise. How weird is that?

Given that the top 1 % generally spend a lot of their life in the middle class, this is a profoundly idiotic, but typical comment from a regressive class baiter.

No confusion here, just combating deception on your part.

No confusion here, just combating deception on your part.

I've never lied about your idiocy. Ask anyone.

They used to be, before this Reaganist bs. Your brain doesn't work very well, does it?

Defended to the death by the bought off, big money, greedy idiot billionaire, brainwashing New BS GOP.

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – Congratulations to Emmanuel Saez
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = FRB: Z.1 Release--Financial Accounts of the United States--March 10, 2016
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

Not anyone's fault but your own that you can't cut it in the real world.

Given that the top 1 % generally spend a lot of their life in the middle class, this is a profoundly idiotic, but typical comment from a regressive class baiter.
Upward mobility has never been worse, dupe. See OP

Defended to the death by the bought off, big money, greedy idiot billionaire, brainwashing New BS GOP.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

WTF is wrong with you? Fact is things have never been tougher for the nonrich in every way, including opportunity in every way. People didn't get lazy or stupid. Ay caramba hater dupes...

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

WTF is wrong with you? Fact is things have never been tougher for the nonrich in every way, including opportunity in every way. People didn't get lazy or stupid. Ay caramba hater dupes...

No, just whiners like you that couldn't make it and want to blame someone else for being a born loser.

Which is not what I was commenting about, it's time to evolve from the reading comprehension of a parrot. I was commenting your ridiculous class-baiting rhetoric.

We of course know that the reason for the mess is democrat, regressive big government. Which you cheer for...

The rich and corporations have done better than workers over the last 45 years due to favorable laws past by Republicans, and favorable tax rules installed during Republican administrations.
All the GOP CARES about is keeping taxes low on the rich and giant corps. And now they only need 51 votes. WTF? Reform, solutions, justice, and progress take 60. Arrrgh...

Which is not what I was commenting about, it's time to evolve from the reading comprehension of a parrot. I was commenting your ridiculous class-baiting rhetoric.

We of course know that the reason for the mess is democrat, regressive big government. Which you cheer for...

Both Liberals AND Conservatives are responsible for the mess we are in.
However, there we NO Liberals running the US prior to, and into, the Great Depression.

Forum List

Back