Its time to break the banks up

Well by god write some more...that'll work. Real problem is nothing is enforced anymore. Nothing except laws against avg person. Dont need more laws, we need to see real jail time for real white collar criminals.......fines mean nothing

All of your large banks are still bankrupt......which is why Congress passed the bail in to give them your money.

destroying the value of the dollar in the process.

destroying it? its worth more now than ever versus some currencies Check your facts.

Also, if it is being destroyed should I burn my money?

It is? I don't know how old you are but I can remember when a dollar was worth a dollar. Now it's worth a twentieth of that and sinking.....

destroying the value of the dollar in the process.

destroying it? its worth more now than ever versus some currencies Check your facts.

It is? I don't know how old you are but I can remember when a dollar was worth a dollar. Now it's worth a twentieth of that and sinking.....

It's worth a dollar in today's money. Inflation is a natural phenomena in the world. And gold and other specie based currencies saw inflation.

'Too Big To Fail' Lives As Regulators Slam Banks' Living Wills
(snip)
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said October blueprints submitted by banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America, detailing how they think they'd be resolved in bankruptcy if they neared collapse were "not credible." The Federal Reserve, another bank regulator, said the so-called living wills need significant improvement by July 2015 or the government may force them to shrink.

"Each plan being discussed today is deficient and fails to convincingly demonstrate how, in failure, any one of these firms could overcome obstacles to entering bankruptcy without precipitating a financial crisis," Thomas Hoenig, FDIC vice chairman, said in a statement. "Despite the thousands of pages of material these firms submitted, the plans provide no credible or clear path through bankruptcy that doesn't require unrealistic assumptions and direct or indirect public support."
monopolies are bad right? Bust 'em up. I think Obama may be as bought-and-paid-for by wall st interests ,as all repub Presidents, in recent memory have been :(

Government regulations, which you support, creafed this mess. MAybe we should abolish all of them.

low-IQ posters, like EdwardBaiamonte, are not welcome in this discussion

As to the OP, we can thank Repubs for guaranteeing that banks hold sway over Capital Hill due to Gingrich, Citizens United, & other initiatives they've undertaken to keep big money in politics

What the fuck?

It was Obama that pushed for, and the Democrats that passed, Dodd-Frank, why the fuck are you blaming Citizens United for it? That case wasn't settled until after the law you support was passed.

ummm..... because Repubs have made sure that pols must rely on campaign contributions. Why do I have to lead you people around by the hand? I'm done "instructing" you.

Actually, that was a bipartsian thing, but feel free to pretend you know what you are talking about.

Dodd Frank,,,,Sarbox........anyone been prosecuted under those laws.......just words ...just speeches

U.S. GAO - Large Bank Holding Companies: Expectations of Government Support

"Too Big to Fail" has been addressed by Dodd-Frank, to a degree. And regulators do an exceptional job, when they are allowed to do their jobs. Conservatives are always trying to defund regulatory agencies, but the costs of no regs being enforced get as high as the Great Recession.

Yes, Dodd-Frank addressed to big to fail, and made it into law. Now, whenever a big bank is going to fail, it is guaranteed a bail out.

Does Dodd-Frank really end ?too big to fail?? - The Washington Post

It's worth a dollar in today's money. Inflation is a natural phenomena in the world. And gold and other specie based currencies saw inflation.

There is nothing natural about governments printing money to help rich people.

Some libertarians get themselves all confused. They don't understand that prices and wages go up at the same time so the purchasing power of the dollar can remain the same!

newly printed money usually enters the economy through the housing market to help the middle class. Isn't learning fun?

newly printed money usually enters the economy through the housing market to help the middle class. Isn't learning fun?

Sure it does.

That explains why the stock market is high even though the economy sucks, because the middle class is getting all the benefits of the fed creating money that doesn't exist.

Sure it does.

That explains why the stock market is high even though the economy sucks, because the middle class is getting all the benefits of the fed creating money that doesn't exist.

interest rates have been near zero for years now & that hurts middle class investments such as IRA's. This allows the big banks to basically borrow for free at the FED window to play their wall st roulette.

Last edited:

Sure it does.

interest rates have been near zero for years now & that hurts middle class investments such as IRA's. This allows the big banks to basically borrow for free at the FED window to play their wall st roulette.

Exactly, and you support the government policies that encourage the very thing you are complaining about.

Printing money can help the poor and middle class, too, if it means helping to end a recession sooner.

But, most of the arguments against the Federal Reserve are stupid. If people want to attack it, they should focus on the Fed allowing too little inflation to happen in the past several years.

It isn't just the size of the banks, as dangerous as that is, and that should be enough. It's also the massive conflicts of interest that were instantly created when Glass Steagall was repealed.

The need for this is so screamingly obvious that the only conclusion I can draw is that our "leaders" in D.C. have a vested personal/professional financial interest in keeping the status quo.

Forum List

Back