Its time to break the banks up

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
Fairfax, NoVA
'Too Big To Fail' Lives As Regulators Slam Banks' Living Wills
(snip)
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said October blueprints submitted by banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America, detailing how they think they'd be resolved in bankruptcy if they neared collapse were "not credible." The Federal Reserve, another bank regulator, said the so-called living wills need significant improvement by July 2015 or the government may force them to shrink.

"Each plan being discussed today is deficient and fails to convincingly demonstrate how, in failure, any one of these firms could overcome obstacles to entering bankruptcy without precipitating a financial crisis," Thomas Hoenig, FDIC vice chairman, said in a statement. "Despite the thousands of pages of material these firms submitted, the plans provide no credible or clear path through bankruptcy that doesn't require unrealistic assumptions and direct or indirect public support."
monopolies are bad right? Bust 'em up. I think Obama may be as bought-and-paid-for by wall st interests ,as all repub Presidents, in recent memory have been :(

Their assets to risk levels are unbelievable. They are Fiat Train Wrecks waiting to happen. The Derivative Bets are so large that it will cause a global melt down. Insanity of the Fiat system.

Didnt US pass greek style bail-in bill ...your money is now their money...... I'm surprised they have any customers left.

Didnt US pass greek style bail-in bill ...your money is now their money...... I'm surprised they have any customers left.

There still kicking out Fiat Currency and loans destroying the value of the dollar in the process. Getting ready for the Global Reset.

low-IQ posters, like EdwardBaiamonte, are not welcome in this discussion

As to the OP, we can thank Repubs for guaranteeing that banks hold sway over Capital Hill due to Gingrich, Citizens United, & other initiatives they've undertaken to keep big money in politics

Last edited:

As to the OP, we can thank Repubs for guaranteeing that banks hold sway over Capital Hill due to Gingrich, Citizens United, & other initiatives they've undertaken to keep big money in politics

yes banks hold sway which explains why BoA was just forced to pay $17 billion in fines!!!

and yet libs have done nothing to try to fix what they are the problems....didnt throw any bankers in jail.....levied minimal fines instead which bankers paid with taxpayer dollars.

and yet libs have done nothing to try to fix what they are the problems....didnt throw any bankers in jail.....levied minimal fines instead which bankers paid with taxpayer dollars.

Yeah, it's sort of stunning that some people can see this as a partisan issue.

it allows them to "sway" politicians to see things from their (bankster) perspective. See now?

SO thats why Obama didnt prosecute them, cause he just couldnt stop taking their money......

'Too Big To Fail' Lives As Regulators Slam Banks' Living Wills
(snip)
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said October blueprints submitted by banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America, detailing how they think they'd be resolved in bankruptcy if they neared collapse were "not credible." The Federal Reserve, another bank regulator, said the so-called living wills need significant improvement by July 2015 or the government may force them to shrink.

"Each plan being discussed today is deficient and fails to convincingly demonstrate how, in failure, any one of these firms could overcome obstacles to entering bankruptcy without precipitating a financial crisis," Thomas Hoenig, FDIC vice chairman, said in a statement. "Despite the thousands of pages of material these firms submitted, the plans provide no credible or clear path through bankruptcy that doesn't require unrealistic assumptions and direct or indirect public support."
monopolies are bad right? Bust 'em up. I think Obama may be as bought-and-paid-for by wall st interests ,as all repub Presidents, in recent memory have been :(
Dodd-Frank took on some of the problems with Wall Street, and on that end, financial regulation is somewhat better. But I agree that Eric Holder has been less than stellar in prosecuting banks and their executives, and hasn't had the courage to bring anti-trust suits against some huge players.

Dodd Frank,,,,Sarbox........anyone been prosecuted under those laws.......just words ...just speeches

ummm..... because Repubs have made sure that pols must rely on campaign contributions. Why do I have to lead you people around by the hand? I'm done "instructing" you.

Actually, it's the first time I've seen Edward Baiamonte right about something. The conspiracy theories that fiat money is bad, or that gold would somehow be better, is ridiculous.

Broken clock's get it right more than EB. But he did get this one right.

ummm..... because Repubs have made sure that pols must rely on campaign contributions. Why do I have to lead you people around by the hand? I'm done "instructing" you.

Have they ever not relied on them........ maybe....just maybe its not the money but the people you choose to vote for

Dodd Frank,,,,Sarbox........anyone been prosecuted under those laws.......just words ...just speeches

U.S. GAO - Large Bank Holding Companies: Expectations of Government Support

"Too Big to Fail" has been addressed by Dodd-Frank, to a degree. And regulators do an exceptional job, when they are allowed to do their jobs. Conservatives are always trying to defund regulatory agencies, but the costs of no regs being enforced get as high as the Great Recession.

Forum List

Back