Its the spending Stupid

How many times do we need to say this? We don't have a Tax Problem we're already taxed more then enough we have a Spending Problem. How is that so many don't understand this?

We're taxed less than we were in the 90's, the 80's, the 70's, the 60's, the 50's.

Maybe you should be reasonable and consider the possibility that BOTH spending and tax cutting have gone too far.

I'm being entirely reasonable as are tens of million other people who have said enough is enough.

What blows my mind is how people don't seem to understand you the tax payer is reasonable for the debt incurred by those elected into office. Its a bit like the Frog in the water on the stove....you start slowly

How many times do we need to say this? We don't have a Tax Problem we're already taxed more then enough we have a Spending Problem. How is that so many don't understand this?

The Democrats will never get it and it seems like most Republicans won't either. We're doomed.

They'll get it. Both sides will. When the spending causes an economic collapse. A depression so severe that starvation is an immediate threat to us all. Not the just Dems fault, not just the Repubs fault, but both of them. They will never stop spending.

The dollar will fail and that will put an end to it. I don't think the anything we can do to stop it. I think it is a done deal. It's too late.

Spending has gotten so far out of hand that you simply cannot tax our way out of it.

We need a balanced budget that will also pay down the debt. I believe that taxes may have to play a part of that. But to simply tell the rich that "Hey you can afford it" is still wrong.

We have to cut spending, in fact we almost have to Gut spending.

It's not difficult to understand.....

To me, the entire budget process makes no sense. Congress should either approve the President's Budget Request or approve it with a percentage cut. Let the administration determine what is to be cut. The departments and agencies are much better equipped to do so than Congress. Do you really think Congress knows how much money is needed to run the various programs? Congress has proven time and again that they don't even know what the programs do.

I have worked for several government agencies and have never seen an agency or program that could not be cut 10% and still provide 90% of it's function. If the legislature cuts spending, they will invariably cut the programs that are the most cost efficient and approve increases for the least efficient.

We say we want government to run more like a business, then we should start with the budget.

I agree we have a spending problem. I am NPR and plan parenthood should be on the chopping block as well as Medicaid , Social security and medicare. Grandfather the ones who have less then 10 years before they retire and cut back on everyone else gives people time to start saving for our futures . Welfare should be reformed. Drug testing should be mandatory, if your on drugs you have to go to rehab then be retested before you can get any type of welfare. The healthcare law needs to be defunded. Also the people in Congress and the president should have to serve 4 years in the military before they can run because then MAYBe they will think twice before they send our troops to fight or to not pay them what they are worth. A pay cut for all of Congress and they have to pay towards their own medical and retirement.

Last edited:

We're taxed less than we were in the 90's, the 80's, the 70's, the 60's, the 50's.

Maybe you should be reasonable and consider the possibility that BOTH spending and tax cutting have gone too far.

Let's talk when the 147,000,000 or so who pay NOTHING pay, I dunno... something. Hell if they paid $100 that's be $14,700,000,000 in tax revenue.. get rid of welfare known as EIC..

To me, the entire budget process makes no sense. Congress should either approve the President's Budget Request or approve it with a percentage cut. Let the administration determine what is to be cut. The departments and agencies are much better equipped to do so than Congress. Do you really think Congress knows how much money is needed to run the various programs? Congress has proven time and again that they don't even know what the programs do.

I have worked for several government agencies and have never seen an agency or program that could not be cut 10% and still provide 90% of it's function. If the legislature cuts spending, they will invariably cut the programs that are the most cost efficient and approve increases for the least efficient.

We say we want government to run more like a business, then we should start with the budget.

In theory Congress controls the purse strings they damn well better know how much each program cost's its what we pay the bastards for moreover they should be able to express each year's budget there is ZERO REASON that our nation should be having to keep raising the budget cap. Other then our government is completely out of control...... 15 trillion thus far how much is that again for every man women and child?

In theory Congress controls the purse strings they damn well better know how much each program cost's its what we pay the bastards for moreover they should be able to express each year's budget there is ZERO REASON that our nation should be having to keep raising the budget cap. Other then our government is completely out of control...... 15 trillion thus far how much is that again for every man women and child?

Too Much.

I repeat myself. "We can all look backwards and blame the other guys. I prefer to look forward and ask What are you Going to Do?"

Funny you are saying it that way. When Clinton tackled the deficit, it was a combination of addressing spending and tax increases.

Everyone knows Clinton left office with a surplus. Bush schmucked it all up with his scammy tax cut schemes and phoney wars.

Funny you are saying it that way. When Clinton tackled the deficit, it was a combination of addressing spending and tax increases.

Everyone knows Clinton left office with a surplus. Bush schmucked it all up with his scammy tax cut schemes and phoney wars.

It doesn't matter. Who is going to fix it? Obama? The guy who has doubled the deficit in 2 years? I don't think so.

Clinton didn't tackle the deficit congress did or are you not familiar with 'Contract with America'

True! At least with the Democrats you know they're going to tax and spend you to death. With the Republicans, who knows?

Taxes are an all time low. What fantasy world are you living in?

Try saying that to someone who lives in the NYC area and they will rip out your ignorant
little liberal heart and show it to you before you die.

Try reading a few newspapers or magazines and get your head outta yo Butt. :eek:

It is actually the spending AND the lack of revenue. The 90's policies worked... well enough that Greenspan worried that our debt would go down too fast. that crazy Objectivist...

The Democrats will never get it and it seems like most Republicans won't either. We're doomed.

They'll get it. Both sides will. When the spending causes an economic collapse. A depression so severe that starvation is an immediate threat to us all. Not the just Dems fault, not just the Repubs fault, but both of them. They will never stop spending.

The dollar will fail and that will put an end to it. I don't think the anything we can do to stop it. I think it is a done deal. It's too late.
No, if nothing is done, we don't have a depression. Inflation will erode the buying power of the dollar which could lead to hyperinflation. But don't be so pessimistic. We have a 15 trillion dollar debt but we also have a 15 trillion dollar economy. The deficit needs to to be brought down to the 1990's level, say 300 billion which is less than GDP growth. The Deficit Reduction Committee recommendation, the House's Paul Ryan plan, and I'm sure Obama's plan, TBA will do the deed. Remember the deficit can be reduced by spending cuts, which is happening, revenue increases due to the recover which is projected to last through at least 2014, and possible tax increase.

We have survived 2 world worlds, the cold war, a civil war, the great depression, and a defect at end WWII that was 100% of GDP, which is 10 times worst than our current deficit. I think any one selling America short will regret it.

Last edited:

We do have a spending problem, and taxes are too high. Here is the sticky part, are you ready...

The things that I would cut are different than the things you would cut. I would start with all foreign aid of any kind. Then I move to all business sudsidies of any kind. Then I would get rid of all tax breaks of any kind. Then I would move to get rid of redundancy in the government like the ATF, EPA, and others. I'm sure your list of cuts will look much different.

End the Fed
Cut all foreign aid
Close all foreign military bases and bring all troops home
Cancel NAFTA, etc.

For starters.

Forum List

Back