Its the spending Stupid

Robert

Really nice Guy
Mar 21, 2011
How many times do we need to say this? We don't have a Tax Problem we're already taxed more then enough we have a Spending Problem. How is that so many don't understand this?

How many times do we need to say this? We don't have a Tax Problem we're already taxed more then enough we have a Spending Problem. How is that so many don't understand this?

What amount of taxes are the right amount? Specifically.

The Democrats will never get it and it seems like most Republicans won't either. We're doomed.

We do have a spending problem, and taxes are too high. Here is the sticky part, are you ready...

The things that I would cut are different than the things you would cut. I would start with all foreign aid of any kind. Then I move to all business sudsidies of any kind. Then I would get rid of all tax breaks of any kind. Then I would move to get rid of redundancy in the government like the ATF, EPA, and others. I'm sure your list of cuts will look much different.

We do have a spending problem, and taxes are too high. Here is the sticky part, are you ready...

The things that I would cut are different than the things you would cut. I would start with all foreign aid of any kind. Then I move to all business sudsidies of any kind. Then I would get rid of all tax breaks of any kind. Then I would move to get rid of redundancy in the government like the ATF, EPA, and others. I'm sure your list of cuts will look much different.

Yes but isn't that what voting booths are for? I personally think that we should change the ballot, instead of it saying should we cut a, it should say should we cut a or b. Cuts must happen and the decision should be voted on.

You cannot tax enough to get us out of debt. The money simply isn't there. We have no choice but to cut spending. My vote from here out goes to the people I believe will make those tough decisions. Unfortunately I don't see very many of these people out there.

They don't care. They think when it all crumbles, the evil rich will be robbed blind to pay off all the debts brought on by nanny statism.

But.. then what?

Yes but isn't that what voting booths are for? I personally think that we should change the ballot, instead of it saying should we cut a, it should say should we cut a or b. Cuts must happen and the decision should be voted on.

The authorization for spending has to be converted from one big cover all to a series of small bills that each authorize only one particular thing.

Instead of deciding what to cut, the decision should be what to authorize. If the positive decision to fund the Cowboy Poetry Festival is not made, then the program dies.

If the president decides to cut a particular program, then so be it. If the congress decides to not send a bill to be signed, that's great. Let the failure to refund begin.

Lord knows it's happening to the jobs of private citizens often enough.

Hopefully it's going to happen to the jobs of various politicians real soon.

Taxes are too high? Federal income tax rates are the lowest in 60 years.

BTW If you think taxes are too high, cutting out tax breaks will only make them higher.

The authorization for spending has to be converted from one big cover all to a series of small bills that each authorize only one particular thing.

Instead of deciding what to cut, the decision should be what to authorize. If the positive decision to fund the Cowboy Poetry Festival is not made, then the program dies.

If the president decides to cut a particular program, then so be it. If the congress decides to not send a bill to be signed, that's great. Let the failure to refund begin.

Lord knows it's happening to the jobs of private citizens often enough.

Hopefully it's going to happen to the jobs of various politicians real soon.

So long as we allow the Debt ceiling to be raised spending will never be brought into control there is no incentive for our "Elected" representatives to do the right thing.

Take the current massive deficit instead of acting in a reasonable manner we now see the left Screaming for Tax increases.......I'm sorry but has the left ever not screamed for tax increases?

We don't have a Income shortfall have have a Spending problem and its going to continue until "We the People" stand up and say NO MORE.

Whats killing me is to see so many who simply don't get it.

We're taxed less than we were in the 90's, the 80's, the 70's, the 60's, the 50's.

Maybe you should be reasonable and consider the possibility that BOTH spending and tax cutting have gone too far.

Forum List

Back