It's simple

I'll give you an E, for Effort.

I guess I should point out why you don't get an A, or even a C- here.

By your logic, if you want less poverty then you tax it. So if poor people have higher taxes, they'll become less poor.

And then this isn't even addressing the reality that poverty is an inherent condition of a relatively-free-market class-based society and no amount of subsidies (welfare, I'm assuming) or taxes will completely equalize the classes. Our society needs a class hierarchy, and there's always going to be people at the bottom.

So....tax breaks for the richest Americans will NOT fix the problems?????:eek:

Gee, thanks for the vagaries.

By your logic, if you want less poverty then you tax it. So if poor people have higher taxes, they'll become less poor.

And then this isn't even addressing the reality that poverty is an inherent condition of a relatively-free-market class-based society and no amount of subsidies (welfare, I'm assuming) or taxes will completely equalize the classes. Our society needs a class hierarchy, and there's always going to be people at the bottom.

So....tax breaks for the richest Americans will NOT fix the problems?????:eek:

Gee, thanks for the vagaries.

No, you can thank John Boehner.

I'll give you an E, for Effort.

The free market created poverty? That's a new one. Can you please name me a system that does better at eliminating poverty than free market capitalism?

The post I made was to point out the inherent problem of the welfare state. The only solution I ever see is to simply allocate more funds for the poor without addressing the root cause of poverty. The easier you make it to remain poor and the harder you make it to get out of poverty the more poverty you will get. I never proposed taxing the poor, but it does raise the question of what is the best way to alleviate it. More money with no accountability is clearly not the solution.

No, the post you made was illogical and a failed attempt at Occam's Razor.

Every developed nation in the world is a blend of regulated capitalism and social safety nets funded by progressive taxation. A mixed economy trumps unbridled capitalism in reducing income disparity.

I never proposed taxing the poor, but it does raise the question of what is the best way to alleviate it.

Then contrary to what you're thread title claims, it's not so simple.

@silkyeggsalad

Thanks for at least addressing the issue.

Every developed nation in the world is a blend of regulated capitalism and social safety nets funded by progressive taxation. A mixed economy trumps unbridled capitalism in reducing income disparity.

Actually the few times humans have got the chance to have free markets and limited government more prosperity was created than under any other system. 19th century America and British run Hong Kong are two great examples.

Then contrary to what you're thread title claims, it's not so simple.

touché

Forum List

Back