It's on! Let's see what you got Rodgers.

The bum can afford it. It got him another guaranteed 75 million dollar contract with the Jets and all he had to do was run four plays in 5 minutes.

Who among us wouldn't like to get paid 75 million dollars for just 5 minutes work? Very bad work at that. Ever have an employer guarantee you an income no matter how long you worked or how badly? I've seen guys on the practice squad that looked better than that.
He was guaranteed over 100 million dollars if he stayed with GB.

He had to get outta town! GB had to be sick of him! Even w/ all his records, he was becoming a disappointment on and off the field! He had become the DIVA Favre became; No OTA's, demanding max $$, then there was lying about beng vaccinated for COVID! Getting the illness didn't help missing a couple games after going to a crowded Halloween party in the middle of the P@ndemic w/ no protection! His playoff results were the worst for someone w/ great regular season marks! I think he was looking for "Favre love" following in his footsteps and heading to New York to rehab his image! :confused: :rolleyes: :nono: :heehee:;)

He had to get outta town! GB had to be sick of him! Even w/ all his records, he was becoming a disappointment on and off the field! He had become the DIVA Favre became; No OTA's, demanding max $$, then there was lying about beng vaccinated for COVID! Getting the illness didn't help missing a couple games after going to a crowded Halloween party in the middle of the P@ndemic w/ no protection! His playoff results were the worst for someone w/ great regular season marks! I think he was looking for "Favre love" following in his footsteps and heading to New York to rehab his image! :confused: :rolleyes: :nono: :heehee:;)
I think that he was frustrated without getting to more Super bowls and was cranky as he aged. There is fun playing and then it decreases even with the seduction of it as when it is time to retire.

He had to get outta town! GB had to be sick of him! Even w/ all his records, he was becoming a disappointment on and off the field! He had become the DIVA Favre became; No OTA's, demanding max $$, then there was lying about beng vaccinated for COVID! Getting the illness didn't help missing a couple games after going to a crowded Halloween party in the middle of the P@ndemic w/ no protection! His playoff results were the worst for someone w/ great regular season marks! I think he was looking for "Favre love" following in his footsteps and heading to New York to rehab his image! :confused:

I disagree. I think GB needed Rodgers gone more than he needed to leave. For 1 big reason. Jordon Love. GB had to find out what they had in him. They couldn't do that will Rodgers on the roster. They spent a 1st round DP on Love and he's been on the bench for a couple years. He needed to get on the field. If Rodgers was on the roster and GB was paying him 100 million to be there, even if they could have started Love over Rodgers the minute he struggled (and he will all young QB do) the fanbase would be screaming for Rodgers. Also that team would never really be Love's if Rodgers is on the sideline. Love will want an extension next year. Was GB going to give it to him without seeing at least a season of play? Were they going to let a 1st round DP QB just walk out and get nothing? His trade value without any real tape would be very little and GB would still need a QB a year after he left assuming Rodgers played out his contract.

I guess they really lucked out then. I've never been a fan of, nor thought Rogers deserved the accolades constantly heaped on him. Football is just a game after all, and athlete or not, QB or not, the guy just throws a ball 6 months out of the year and the entire sports enterprise has grown far out of hand IMO. Most people are doing well just to earn 3 million in their entire life working hard, even with advanced degrees making important contributions to science, etc.,--- a rather mediocre pay for even a starting quarterback to make in one year sitting on the bench.

The definition of insanity.

I guess they really lucked out then. I've never been a fan of, nor thought Rogers deserved the accolades constantly heaped on him. Football is just a game after all, and athlete or not, QB or not, the guy just throws a ball 6 months out of the year and the entire sports enterprise has grown far out of hand IMO. Most people are doing well just to earn 3 million in their entire life working hard, even with advanced degrees making important contributions to science, etc.,--- a rather mediocre pay for even a starting quarterback to make in one year sitting on the bench.

The definition of insanity.
He is better than any politician running for office.

He is better than any politician running for office.

True, but that is setting a rather low bar, isn't it. Most politicians are crooks who got into politics because they couldn't cut it in the private sector and are really just out for themselves looking for fast easy bucks, good job security and benefits you and I cannot get.

They do jack shit and yet somehow still end up living like Dukes, filthy rich.

Just as most psychologists really got into psychology not to help people but just because they saw something in themselves they were really out to understand better in themselves.

What makes football players worth so much today is they are really ENTERTAINERS and sports is part of the entertainment business, and people are willing to pay so much to be entertained now, because the world we are being given today by said politicians really SUCKS so much, and people are looking for an escape to at least forget it for a few hours.

Imagine offering free drinks if the Jets lose and Rodgers is out of the game after 4 plays. People started drinking like fish, only to have to settle up at the end.

Forum List

Back