It’s OK To Mourn For Our First Female President

585c1f6c1c00000a070ed13b.jpeg

We saw what happens when a woman dares to seek power. It was heartbreaking.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny iPhone screen, watching a larger-than-life woman stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in white like some kind of goddess wizard, making history as she officially became the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters: You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in pantsuits and welled up, holding their little girls’ hands at the voting booth, posting adorable photos.

That night was a devastation. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model. They got a smackdown.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny iPhone screen, watching a larger-than-life woman stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in white like some kind of goddess wizard, making history as she officially became the presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters: You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in pantsuits and welled up, holding their little girls’ hands at the voting booth, posting adorable photos.

That night was a devastation. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model. They got a smackdown.

Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss has hardly been a secret, it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with what lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power.

This struck me as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course racism played a role Trump’s election, Coates writes.

Immediately, I realized, Coates missed something.

It wasn’t just money and bluster.

Trump is a man.

Much of the country went for the guy. Sure, technically she got more votes, is winning the popular vote by millions, but a huge percentage of the country went for him. Obama voters switched sides. He won.

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable.

That’s sexism. You can dress it up in as many ill-advised email servers or Benghazi hearings as you like.

Time and again, men get a pass.

More: It’s OK To Mourn For Our First Female President

Amen! If you liked the above, you should read the other half of the link.

Actually I think her loss was a great thing for women.

The first woman President will (in a way) be the mother of our country. Such a person should have dignity, honestly, respect, self-made, and not a name by simply riding on her husbands coattails.

Hillary is drunken trash. She ran a campaign while under several FBI investigations. She was paid millions of dollars for speaking engagements that most (during her campaign) didn't want to hear for free. She was a terrible SOS and even a worse Senator.

I'm a male, but if we were a country under female presidential domination, I wouldn't want a person like Anthony Weiner representing our gender. I think it's more advantageous for women to wait for a female of quality instead of scandal.

Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss has hardly been a secret, it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with what lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power.

This struck me as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course racism played a role Trump’s election, Coates writes.

Trump is a man.

Much of the country went for the guy. Sure, technically she got more votes, is winning the popular vote by millions, but a huge percentage of the country went for him. Obama voters switched sides. He won.

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable.

That’s sexism. You can dress it up in as many ill-advised email servers or Benghazi hearings as you like.

Actually I think her loss was a great thing for women.

The first woman President will (in a way) be the mother of our country. Such a person should have dignity, honestly, respect, self-made, and not a name by simply riding on her husbands coattails.

Hillary is drunken trash. She ran a campaign while under several FBI investigations. She was paid millions of dollars for speaking engagements that most (during her campaign) didn't want to hear for free. She was a terrible SOS and even a worse Senator.

I'm a male, but if we were a country under female presidential domination, I wouldn't want a person like Anthony Weiner representing our gender. I think it's more advantageous for women to wait for a female of quality instead of scandal.

Agree.

She is and will always be scum.

I'm all in for Ivanka in 2024. Who's with me?

c042d687051977f95669ba78e055abd9.jpg

I could certainly get a grip on that.

Wouldn't shock me a bit if she runs and wins someday. She's very intelligent, and if she's her father's child, then she's the energizer bunny as well. Man is she beautiful. I don't even like fake tits, but if those are fake, JOB WELL DONE.

Don't start with the fake tits the fake mammaries (yuck) ...is off putting.... ....LOL:ack-1::laugh2: this is too funny!

But no. Seriously I like Ivanka she is well grounded and seems to have common sense.

and the accurate account:
We saw what happens when a woman loses when seeking entitlement power. It was both heartbreaking and deserving.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny hello kitty poster, watching a larger-than-life fat chic stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in founding fathers white like some kind of egotistical monarch , making history as she officially became the prototypical presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a liberal woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters without including our sons, You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink of being hoodwinked by entitlements. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in manly pantsuits and swelled up, dragging their little girls’ hands to the voting booth, posting abhorable photos.

That night was a devastation of reallity. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model that hollywood had promised. They got a smackdown, like everyone else who fell for this kind of con before them.

"Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss by other women has hardly been a secret, like everything else in my life it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with the truth that lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power by media reports like this one.

This struck me incoherent and useless academically as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course reverse racism played a role in Trump’s election over a white chic Coates writes.

Trump is a man... A REAL MAN

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable, even to me

That’s realism. How else do you explain losing by the rules but some kind of glitch like a rule? You can dress it up in as many ill-advised political correctness "isms" as you like.

Time and again, the better man always wins.

More: It’s OK To Rejoice For Our First Female Presidents Reallity Check

I loved the true story version

Last edited:

Wouldn't shock me a bit if she runs and wins someday. She's very intelligent, and if she's her father's child, then she's the energizer bunny as well. Man is she beautiful. I don't even like fake tits, but if those are fake, JOB WELL DONE.

Don't start with the fake tits the fake mammaries (yuck) ...is off putting.... ....LOL:ack-1::laugh2: this is too funny!

But no. Seriously I like Ivanka she is well grounded and seems to have common sense.

LOL, sorry. Yes she does appear to be well grounded. I like her a lot.

This may very well be a start of another dynasty. Donald JR seems pretty involved in all this and is actually a spokesman for his father. I listened to several of his interviews and he's no novice when it comes to politics and issues.

I don't think Ivanka will be part of that mix, but I do foresee a Donald JR in the future if his father does well at this job.

Do the fireworks keep? Till 2020? Where do you store them? Are they floating on a barge in NY waterways? Can she get her money back?

Did she fix her TV? Or just dump it in landfill? Do as I say, not as I do.

Jump BJ jump! Never seen anything more pussified in my entire existence. BJ......now a fool. Or was it phony?

·
·
·​

If you want to see a woman President, try running a woman for that office who is competent, and not thoroughly corrupt to her core. I think this nation already learned its lesson, by electing a black President because of the color of his skin, rather than for the content of his character.

and the accurate account:
We saw what happens when a woman loses when seeking entitlement power. It was both heartbreaking and deserving.

Six months ago I lay in bed with tears in my eyes. I was staring at my tiny hello kitty poster, watching a larger-than-life fat chic stand before a packed crowd in Brooklyn, dressed all in founding fathers white like some kind of egotistical monarch , making history as she officially became the prototypical presumptive Democratic nominee for president.

For the first time, a liberal woman had a shot at real political power. For the first time, we could tell our daughters without including our sons, You could be anything! And it would actually be true. As autumn approached, you could feel the excitement. Women were on the brink of being hoodwinked by entitlements. On the morning of Election Day, they dressed in manly pantsuits and swelled up, dragging their little girls’ hands to the voting booth, posting abhorable photos.

That night was a devastation of reallity. Ambitious women and girls across the country didn’t get a new role model that hollywood had promised. They got a smackdown, like everyone else who fell for this kind of con before them.

"Though the sexism behind Clinton’s loss by other women has hardly been a secret, like everything else in my life it’s taken me awhile to truly grapple with the truth that lays at the bottom of those election results. Clinton’s loss isn’t simply about emails or Russian hacking or James Comey or the perils of the Electoral College or the struggles of the so-called white working class. Underneath that, her loss has everything to do with the different expectations men and women face in our country. Her loss is about what we do to women who dare to seek power by media reports like this one.

This struck me incoherent and useless academically as I read Ta-Nehisi Coates’ incredible essay on Barack Obama’s presidency. “To secure the White House,” Coates writes in The Atlantic, “Donald Trump needed only money and white bluster.” This is the simplest evidence you need to understand that of course reverse racism played a role in Trump’s election over a white chic Coates writes.

Trump is a man... A REAL MAN

With his utter lack of government experience, track record of lies, without disclosing his taxes, with his hateful comments about women, his boast about sexual assault. For all that, Trump was seen as more “authentic” than her. More likable, even to me

That’s realism. How else do you explain losing by the rules but some kind of glitch like a rule? You can dress it up in as many ill-advised political correctness "isms" as you like.

Time and again, the better man always wins.

More: It’s OK To Rejoice For Our First Female Presidents Reallity Check

And if you like that you should read part II "THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO" [How to trick women into thinking they are not equal but you can help] great for ugly dudes who want to pick up chics!

Last edited:

Trump is a man.

Oh my Godddd. :cuckoo:

Trump is a man.

Oh my Godddd. :cuckoo:
Not really that crazy when you read the unedited version of lakhotas post that I found

haha I love all these responses to this thread. The main thing we have to remember is the fact that first of all, she is not the first woman to have a place in political power. I must say that all of the other women that hold political positions now, and all of the ones in trumps new cabinet, worked for it. Clinton married someone who was famous and thats the only thing she's got. She's a 3 time loser, she didn't appeal in 2008 and she still doesn't appeal to the american people. Obama decided to give her the position of secretary of state and she never even showed us that she could potentially be a good presidential candidate, because she never got anything done.
Lastly, the funniest part about all of this is that even almost 2 months later, people on the left are still throwing temper tantrums. from trying to get the electors to change their vote, or blaming the russians for their loss, its embarrassing.

Trump is a man.

The only people claiming that this was about her gender are people that voted for her.

THis was NOT a smack down to women.

haha I love all these responses to this thread. The main thing we have to remember is the fact that first of all, she is not the first woman to have a place in political power. I must say that all of the other women that hold political positions now, and all of the ones in trumps new cabinet, worked for it. Clinton married someone who was famous and thats the only thing she's got. She's a 3 time loser, she didn't appeal in 2008 and she still doesn't appeal to the american people. Obama decided to give her the position of secretary of state and she never even showed us that she could potentially be a good presidential candidate, because she never got anything done.
Lastly, the funniest part about all of this is that even almost 2 months later, people on the left are still throwing temper tantrums. from trying to get the electors to change their vote, or blaming the russians for their loss, its embarrassing.

Simply put, the woman doesn't know how to conduct herself.

She spent a lot of time sitting home getting drunk while Donald was doing multiple appearances across the country. She showed her true colors when she categorized people as a basket of deplorables. When she came here to Cleveland, she was invited to meet with the Cleveland police and she declined. Instead, she met with leaders of Black Lies Matter. Her entertainment that day looked like something off of the Black Entertainment channel, and then she wonders how she lost the white vote.

Forum List

Back