It's official, the Supreme Court just ruled we are a Christian nation

Be it enacted by the General Assembly, that no man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever, nor shall be enforced, restrained, molested, or burthened in his body or goods, nor shall otherwise suffer on account of his religious opinions or belief; but that all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinion in matters of religion, and that the same shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.

Thomas Jefferson: Statute For Religious Freedom

Exactly, freedom of religion not from religion.

so if youre not a christian you arent religious ?

Where did I say that? All non Christian's are welcomed in the USA a christian nation who saved the world from atheist who murdered millions.

The US isn't a christian nation.

I must agree, but it is a nation of Christians.
A majority Christian Nation and that majority is fast shrinking. We are also a nation that is supposed to provide equal protection under the law to all.
Wait...on the one hand we're told we are a nation where only the Christian God is "our God" and then we're told that the "God" of all religions is the same God.

You folks seem awfully confused

Ugh. False news title... The Press wondered if Eisenhower running on Faith was a violation of the First Amendment. Many balked at the new Under God phrase added in the United States pledge of Allegiance. The court found the "In God We Trust" to also be a no subscription phrase. Not promoting and establishing a Christian faith. Circle the wagons, federal government.
Just remember boys and girls. God is not Christian, specifically. The German word for Deus of Latin origin from the 1200's. Marriage is universally a relationship or something for some amount of time. And when people fight a second Protestant Reformation its basically a wash.

It's not false the supreme Court ruled we always was and always will be a Christian nation.

I doubt that they ruled THAT.

I'm sure you are twisting, spinning and lying (is that a christian thing? bearing false witness?)

And no matter what they ruled or what you think it means it really doesn't mean anything.

I have the same rights as you
You will NOT be allowed to indoctrinate our children in public schools
Gays will continue to be have equal rights
muslims, wiccans, atheists will all have the same rights...

so go ahead and gloat over your meaningless victory.

In this context...

The United States of America can best be described as a "secularized Christian nation"...

It owes its core of collective morality, and its sense of right and wrong, to 1600 years of Christian teachings and philosophy and values...

Its legal system is based primarily upon English law, which, in turn, has deep roots in the canon law of the Roman Catholic Church...

Further developed and refined by a couple of centuries of English Protestant Reformer alterations to both canon and statutes...

Further developed and refined by the addition of pre-Revolution French law and post-revolution Napoleonic Code...

All of which also borrows heavily from Roman Law of antiquity, lovingly preserved for millennia by the Roman Catholic Church...

We found it necessary and wise to separate Church and State very early in the history of our Republic...

But given that The Collective... American society at-large... is largely comprised of Christians and their descendants...

We make room for Jews and Hindus and Confucians and atheists and agnostics and even Muslims, but...

When you get right down to where the Bear $hits in the woods... we are a Christian nation which forces a secular separation...

Which is exactly what we need to be...

However, if you ever delude yourself that Christ has been left out of the equation on the secular side of the fence...

One need look (nor listen) no further than the Battle Hymn of the Republic, which mentions Christ by name...

And, if Christ was not mentioned explicitly in the ruling, it is sufficient that God-at-large scored a "win" in that ruling...

Given that the vast majority of Believers in this country are Christians, it may justifiably be posited that...

Christianity registered a "win" on the Supreme Court for once... and atheisim lost big-time... it's been far too long... enjoy... :21:

so you are saying that GOD means ONLY the christian god? and not any other god?

Like we always said, in God we trust.

Supreme Court rejects atheists' attempt to scrub 'In God We Trust' off US currency

Supreme Court rejects atheists' attempt to scrub 'In God We Trust' off US currency

The Supreme Court rejected an atheist case Monday to remove "In God We Trust," the national motto, from all coins and currency from the Department of Treasury.

Michael Newdow, the same activist attorney who tried to remove "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance, lost his case, arguing Congress' mandate to inscribe "In God We Trust" on currency was a government endorsement of religion and a violation of the First Amendment

They never, ever understand what "separation of Church and State" means, which of course is not in the Constitution. They think it means they are free to "live free" from religion.

Too bad, so sad, secularists.

I live free from your religion.

I have exactly the same rights as you do!

I find it scary that you actually admit that you want to take away my rights....

so much for church and state ......
Does not matter to conservatives as long as they can push God on you
God isn't pushed on anyone.

Many Christians meerly refuse to allow Democrat to deny them their right to worship Him.

"Many Christians meerly refuse to allow Democrat to deny them their right to worship Him."

How anyone can make this deranged statement and then actually think he is SMART and WISE is beyond me!

NOBODY IS DENYING YOU YOUR RIGHT TO WORSHIP YOUR FKN GOD!

It rather pisses me off that you claim that your attempts to deny ME RIGHTS is merely just you protecting your right to DENY ME rights!

Seriously God and the various meanings for god exist in most religions, Christians believe in a Trinitarian monotheism and in respect to monotheism it is similar to Islam and Judaism. The one god with the twist of the father, the son and the holy spirit being equal and co-partners in God.

In God we trust does not make this nation a Christian nation, Religious freedom and ones personal beliefs define them as Christians or whatever religion floats their fancy

The state just protects or tries to protect religious freedom even atheists

The court refused to hear the case which was a no brainer

So, just for clarity sake, the establishment clause doesnt say there can be no religion in government, just that government cannot regulate religion.

Nobody is going to force religion on anyone. Just because you see references to religion in government, on the buildings, and on the money is not anyone trying to force anything on you. The simple fact is, people simply dont like seeing it there, and they want to eradicate it, even though it doesnt harm them one bit.

Tell me, what harm has it caused anyone to see religion in government?

so if youre not a christian you arent religious ?

Where did I say that? All non Christian's are welcomed in the USA a christian nation who saved the world from atheist who murdered millions.

The US isn't a christian nation.

I must agree, but it is a nation of Christians.
A majority Christian Nation and that majority is fast shrinking. We are also a nation that is supposed to provide equal protection under the law to all.
Wait...on the one hand we're told we are a nation where only the Christian God is "our God" and then we're told that the "God" of all religions is the same God.

You folks seem awfully confused
Who exactly is confused? I never said that anything about being a nation of a Christian God. You seem to be the one who is confused

Forum List

Back