"It's not President Obama's fault that Sarah Palin's son has PTSD,"

I wouldn't limit it to just armed combat. Even the abusive political bullying that goes on between party members and leaders -- the rage and depression, the outbursts and even political violence -- I'd say that BOTH camps have induced stages of grief including PTSD in each other, on a prolonged protracted basis, similar to legal abuse syndrome. This is NOT a healthy relationship or environment to be in. Much less to try to make civil discussion and decisions in!

"It's not President Obama's fault that Sarah Palin's son has PTSD,

Sarah Palin blamed Obama for her son’s PTSD. This vet was not having it.

Is she so stupid not to know who sent her son to Iraq and who brought him home alive.

Stupid?

That's the sound of more ca-ching for SarahPAC.....

Hey, if her remarks get more Vets out in the public and media -- talking about what they really experience, need and don't need -- then at least the Vets benefit from this issue coming out.

Is she so stupid not to know who sent her son to Iraq and who brought him home alive.

She didn't blame Obama for her sons PTSD.

Palin blamed Obama and the administration for the lack of attention to Veterans over the years. Think about all the VA scandals. I think one person resigned and no one has been fired.

Sarah is spot on. The VA continues to reward its employees poor service to the vets.

Let me get the link but Veteran's Affairs amidst all the scandals have paid out 142 MILLION dollars in bonuses.

Tell me she doesn't have a point.

Veterans Affairs pays $142 million in bonuses amid scandals

From the article. It will make your head spin how individuals under investigation still received bonuses.

"Among the recipients were claims processors in a Philadelphia benefits office that investigators dubbed the worst in the country last year.

They received $300 to $900 each.

Managers in Tomah, Wis., got $1,000 to $4,000, even though they oversaw the over-prescription of opiates to veterans – one of whom died.

The VA also rewarded executives who managed construction of a facility in Denver, a disastrous project years overdue and more than $1 billion over budget.

They took home $4,000 to $8,000 each.

And in St. Cloud, Minn., where an internal investigation report last year outlined mismanagement that led to mass resignations of health care providers, the chief of staff cited by investigators received a performance bonus of almost $4,000."

Last edited:

Stupid?

Hey, if her remarks get more Vets out in the public and media -- talking about what they really experience, need and don't need -- then at least the Vets benefit from this issue coming out.

It's like "Sarah Palin takes a dump, and happens to miss the toilet and it ends up in the garden, WOW, Sarah Palin is GOOD FOR FLOWERS"

Stupid?

The Vets said she is nuts and doesn't know what PTSD is.

She didn't blame Obama for her sons PTSD.

Palin blamed Obama and the administration for the lack of attention to Veterans over the years. Think about all the VA scandals. I think one person resigned and no one has been fired.

Sarah is spot on. The VA continues to reward its employees poor service to the vets.

Nonsense......Trip had been treated at a private Christian facility of the Palin's choosing......

The rationalizations resemble the fight for "credit" over the "Mission Accomplished" banner...

wtf, who the hell said it was? But all those injured under Bush was his fault according to the left. .we get the double standard again.

this kid is a Veteran

Do we now get to put down the OBama girls and post pictures of them as organ grinder monkeys on chain?

Stupid?

YOU believe no one heard about PTSD before Palin opened her big mouth?

Obama is also to blame for making bristol spread her legs and getting pregnant with two baby daddy's

The congress controls spending for the VA

5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans

1. Veterans Affairs Funding Bill (2015)
The House Appropriations Subcommittee, met with VA Secretary Bob McDonald to remove more than $1.4 billion in veteran services from President Obama’s proposed 2016 budget. Included in those cuts was more than $690 million earmarked for direct VA medical care and $582 million in VA construction projects. As a result of the cuts, it was estimated that 70,000 fewer veterans would be able to receive needed care.

Happy Veterans Day? 5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans

Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act (2014)
This bill, proposed by Senator Bernie Sanders, was a piece of sweeping legislation that would have expanded healthcare and education for veterans. After clearing a procedural vote by a 99-0 margin, the bill was hijacked by Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans who attached an amendment to the bill which would have levied sanctions on Iran.

While arguing over the proposed amendments, other Republicans took to the floor to raise concerns over the cost of the bill, and it was ultimately defeated with 41 of 45 Senate Republicans voting against the bill.

Stupid?

YOU believe no one heard about PTSD before Palin opened her big mouth?

Hi LilOlLady
That is NOT what I said, and not anything I believe much less intended.
Where did you get that impression?

I said ***IF*** her remarks get ***MORE*** Vets out in the public and media
[talking about what they experience....]

I said ***IF*** and I said ***MORE***

LilOlLady "MORE" IMPLIES there WERE VETS ALREADY TALKING
but now there are ***MORE***
USING ***THIS*** particular incident as the springboard.

Here is an example I posted on another thread LilOlLady:
Open Letter to Sarah Palin: Republican US Marine Chris Mark on PTSD stigma and suicide

I would NEVER had read this Marine's statement and found his referrals,
except in response to THIS PARTICULAR media story where Sarah Palin remarked on PTSD in Vets.

His is a SPECIFIC EXAMPLE of a Veteran being heard and publicized, riding off the publicity from Palin.

I didn't say it was the only incident or mention.

I'm saying MORE VETS came forward, such as Chris Mark I never heard or read from before this.

Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act (2014)
This bill, proposed by Senator Bernie Sanders, was a piece of sweeping legislation that would have expanded healthcare and education for veterans. After clearing a procedural vote by a 99-0 margin, the bill was hijacked by Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans who attached an amendment to the bill which would have levied sanctions on Iran.

While arguing over the proposed amendments, other Republicans took to the floor to raise concerns over the cost of the bill, and it was ultimately defeated with 41 of 45 Senate Republicans voting against the bill.

Dear guno
according to this source seeking to expose GOP on veteran issues:
The GOP on Veterans Issues

One REASON given for GOP opposition is the push to TRANSFORM the VA into a private program, INCLUDING resources and services organize by VETS THEMSELVES, INSTEAD of continuing to fund the VA that even the Veterans complain isn't serving them but wasting resources.

I also believe VETERANS should take charge of the reform, and create jobs for VETS to manage a working system.
HEALTH CARE

Marco Rubio supported privatizing the VA health care system. According to CNN, “A task force organized by Concerned Veterans for America said the VA should begin offering subsidized private insurance to veterans and transform its healthcare department into a nonprofit corporation instead of a government agency. The move comes in response to the scandal involving healthcare delays and data manipulation at VA facilities first reported by CNN. Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, supported the proposed reforms, saying VA healthcare could improve by adopting the competition and flexibility of private healthcare.” [CNN, 2/26/15]
Marco Rubio supported transforming the VA health care system into a premium support model. At a health care policy summit hosted by the Concerned Veterans For America’s Fixing Veterans Health Care Task Force, Rubio said, “This premium support model is also exactly what we need to jolt the VA back to life. As soon as the VA is forced to compete with the private sector providers, it will increase the efficiency, the service and its innovation.” [Official Website of Senator Marco Rubio, 2/26/15]

The congress controls spending for the VA

5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans

1. Veterans Affairs Funding Bill (2015)
The House Appropriations Subcommittee, met with VA Secretary Bob McDonald to remove more than $1.4 billion in veteran services from President Obama’s proposed 2016 budget. Included in those cuts was more than $690 million earmarked for direct VA medical care and $582 million in VA construction projects. As a result of the cuts, it was estimated that 70,000 fewer veterans would be able to receive needed care.

Happy Veterans Day? 5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans

Again guno according to this site The GOP on Veterans Issues
Other GOP oppose funding VA as is, because of efforts to privatize elements as pushed by Concerned Veterans for America. Why not create and fund jobs for VETS to decide and manage how to reform the VA?

I was told by a Veteran and consultant with USVETS that even with VETS in charge of reforming the VA
it would take 20 years to clean up. Shouldn't that be done first instead of funding it with problems even VETS complain about? Why not allot a team of Veterans with experience and knowledge how to improve it,
and fund that? Why not put Vets in charge who have a vested interest in making sure the resources are managed effectively, since they and their fellow Vets are the ones affected.

I'd put the Democrats in charge of reforming the prison system to cover health care for both that population and the greater public (so the mandates and govt regulations apply to people convicted of crimes the govt can apply regulations on). And put the Republicans in charge of working with Vets to reform the VA, then using whatever model works most cost-effectively to provide services to the general public (so this respect free market, but the best models can be selected by taxpayers to be offered through govt, not forced, but democratically agreed on)
----------------------------------------------------
HEALTH CARE

Jeb Bush supported transforming veterans’ health care into a voucher system. “Mr. Bush, sitting in front of an untouched breakfast at an IHOP in Colorado Springs, told a group of veterans that he favors transferring some elements of veterans’ care to private hospitals from government-run Veterans Affairs facilities. ‘This is where I think empowering people with the equivalent of a voucher that gives you the same economic benefit of receiving care inside of a clinic or a hospital,’ Mr. Bush said in a video of the public event recorded by the Democratic firm American Bridge. ‘If you had a chance to go to another place where the money followed the patient, it would give the veterans — you wouldn’t have these kind of hostile reactions, my job is protected for life, don’t mess with it.’” [Wall Street Journal, 4/8/15]
  • Bush proposed a Koch brothers-backed “premium-support” option for voucherizing VA healthcare. According to the Wall Street Journal, “Last month in New Hampshire, Mr. Bush voiced support for 2014 legislation that allows veterans to see doctors outside the VA system if they experience long wait times or live more than 40 miles from the closest VA hospital. […]The effort to privatize elements of the VA system is a priority of the Koch brothers-backed group, Concerned Veterans for America, which in February called for creating a ‘premium-support private insurance option’ for current veterans and limiting eligibility requirements for future veterans.” [Wall Street Journal, 4/8/15]
Jeb Bush attempted to privatize portions of the VA health care system while Governor of Florida. According to CNN, “Jeb Bush’s effort as governor to partially privatize veterans health care services in Florida went so poorly it was ended shortly after Bush left office. That hasn’t stopped the former Republican governor, now in the early stages of running for president, from arguing veterans should be given the choice to see a public or private doctor, with either visit being paid for by the government. ‘All of these government programs should shift to the person who’s receiving the benefit and they should be empowered to have more choices, rather than be told what line you get into,’ Bush said recently in New Hampshire. […] But Bush’s experience outsourcing veterans’ nursing homes in Florida was a case study in privatization’s pitfalls. By the time it was over, Florida officials determined the state could provide higher-quality care at a better price for taxpayers.” [CNN, 5/1/15]

Forum List

Back