Its not a crime to be racist

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by actsnoblemartin, Nov 8, 2007.

1. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +410
    why do you think it was, that many counter protestors were arrested?

Why is the first amendment being stepped on so much today?

2. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,320
    I think that people are quick to react to what is feared regardless of the rightness or wrongness of the individual message.. This process is the same when shouting down parading nazis or shouting down parading hippies or parading gays or blacks. It's why most people don't care when fred phelps gets denied his constitutional rights. By itself, nazis, hippies, gays, black and phelps' messages are harmless; some would say worthless. It's the potential for each message to change the accepted status quo that gets the reaction. People react to nazis who they think perpetuatio racism. People reacted to hippies who they thought was corrupting youth. People react to gays because of a percieved threat to dogma, tradition and culture. People reacted to blacks in fear of desegregation and the equal application of rights.

and people react to phelps because he represents the far, far regions of right wing christianity that puts a skewed interpretation of christianity above loyalty to the United States.

Same process regardless of how it's applied. I could be totally wrong though.

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,425
    The concern is that the link between belief, speech and action is pretty short. That's why they want to make it a crime to be "racist," i.e., defend and/or advocate for white folks. Notice it's not a crime to be a radical Muslim who wants to kill all Jews or a radical black who wants to kill all whites...

Just a radical white who wants to live with other whites.

There's no good solution to this. Races naturally fight with each other, using words first, then violence. But you can only control this, not ban it.

Banning "racism" is like banning sex just because it sometimes leads to hurt feelings, diseases and unwanted pregnancy. Yes, but... it's perfectly natural and it's what keeps the races... all of them... going.

4. Nevadamedic

Nevadamedic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +179
    The Constitution says you can peacefully protest. Unfortunatly what most of these racist assholes do is not peacefully.

5. Nevadamedic

Nevadamedic Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +179
    You need to think for yourself, are you that feebleminded to follow the teachings of David Duke and Bob Matthews?

6. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +410
    whites are becoming the minority, what then?

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,786

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

http://www.usconstitution.net/dream.html