Its Noon On Thursday, Did Obama's Justice Department Turn in Their Homework?

From your link:
Obama had sought to clarify his remark on Tuesday. Obama said he was referring only to a specific class of constitutional law, and to the pattern of judicial deference to Congress exemplified by the upholding of New Deal legislation in the 1930s.
But obama doesn't have a packed Court, does he?

I'm not sure I'm following where you are going..........help me out!

From your link:
Obama had sought to clarify his remark on Tuesday. Obama said he was referring only to a specific class of constitutional law, and to the pattern of judicial deference to Congress exemplified by the upholding of New Deal legislation in the 1930s.
But obama doesn't have a packed Court, does he?

I'm not sure I'm following where you are going..........help me out!

In his second term"New Deal" legislation was upheld by a court FDR specifically stacked for the purpose. In his first term, he unseccessfully tried to increase the number of Justices and had several key proposals declared unconstitutional, several 9-0, but by the end of his 2nd term, only 2 members of the original Court remained. By the end of his 3rd term, he had hand picked 8 of the 9 SCOTUS Justices. Needless to say, he no longer had to worry much about the court overturning his legislation.

I give it an F

It was not three full pages

Is the judge going to put Holder in jail?

He didn't specifically address obama's comments as requested, either

he had no obligation to write anything.

i'm still wondering why he would

It was a direct order by a federal judge. He could challenge it or ignore it, but there is precedent for a sitting President to be held in contempt (Jones v Clinton). SCOTUS, being the final word, are best not pissed off.
obama seems to think he is above the Court, but actually, if you think about it, the Executive Branch is the weakest and Judicial the strongest.

It was a direct order by a federal judge. He could challenge it or ignore it, but there is precedent for a sitting President to be held in contempt (Jones v Clinton). SCOTUS, being the final word, are best not pissed off.
obama seems to think he is above the Court, but actually, if you think about it, the Executive Branch is the weakest and Judicial the strongest.

The judge is a rightwing power-hungry scumbag and deserved to be ignored

The judge is a JUDGE. You can opine about him all you want, but failing to comply with the order of a federal judge is contempt.

I give it an F

It was not three full pages

Is the judge going to put Holder in jail?

I hope the fact that you and I agree doesn't make you run in horror. :D

I think it was a short-sighted mistake for him to submit such a letter.

Politically, I'm happy he did, BECAUSE I think he shouldn't have.

But, as a matter of principle, I would have (at most) had some law student intern draft something for the DOJ and have a low level DOJ attorney "approve" it and sign it. It could have said pretty much the exact same thing, but the difference in appearance would have been telling.

The judge is a JUDGE. You can opine about him all you want, but failing to comply with the order of a federal judge is contempt.

The judge divulged himself as a partisan hack. What "Judge" would refer to the bill as Obamacare?

He overstepped his authority and deserved no acknowledgment

The judge divulged himself as a partisan hack. What "Judge" would refer to the bill as Obamacare?

He overstepped his authority and deserved no acknowledgment

Calling it Obamacare doens't mean your a partisan hack.

Reganomics, Obamanomics, Bush Doctrine, Obamacare, Romneycare, HillaryCare.......its a way to attach the person to their ideas.

Forum List

Back