It's just mind boggling

I listened to Rachel Maddow last night.
She seemed to get it (somewhat), that freedom of the press is tantamount to American Freedom and when government goes after that freedom and interferes with it, it needs to be fought for and kept.
She said that Freedom of the press and redress of grievances is what America is all about.

She did not seem to think that 1st amendment as well as all of our other amendments are what America is about.
Her College education seem to have covered the 1st amendment of freedom of the press but seems to have left out the rest of the 1st amendment.

In order to preserve the 1st amendment you have to have the 2nd amendment.
When the 2nd amendment is weakened (with gun ban laws) the government can then take away all of the other amendments.

Whenever you have a big Government it gets to the point of being unmanageable and then it starts to do exactly what is happening right now.
Taking away our Amendment rights.
I don't think she even thinks about how this Administration started attacking Religion with the new Health Care Act and has now moved to freedom of the press. But she certainly gets freedom of the press.

While President Obama says he is for freedom of speech and freedom of the press he seems to have forgotten that he excluded Fox.
He also did not count on the rest of the press to defend their right to be there also.

This is about the Democratic ideology of bigger and bigger government and the continued loss of our freedoms.
Rachel is defiantly for the Democratic ideology, but then gets upset when that big out of control government goes after the press and violates the 1st amendment.

Last edited:
I agree about intrusive government.

But, that's what the right wants. They WANT the government to control women's reproduction. It's just unimaginable that the idiot rw's believe the state should control when and if women have babies.

That's bad enough but they also want government to control women's insurance covering birth control. They don't want women to be able to buy insurance that includes contraception.

No contraception, no abortion and, if they can, they'll make sure poor children (and the elderly) go hungry.

One freedom after another, one right after another - the rw scum are hard at work taking them away.

Hmmmmm....I'm conservative and I dont fit your accusations.

Forum List

Back