Its called Christmas

Actually "It" can refer to a large number of things. As for the holidays over the winter, you are forgetting some such as Winter Solstice, Hanukkah, and Kwanza.

Shocked that there are other religions besides Christianity, and not everyone is the same as you? Educate yourself...its a wonderful world out there, who knows what you could learn or discover.

Shocked that there are other religions besides Christianity, and not everyone is the same as you? Educate yourself...its a wonderful world out there, who knows what you could learn or discover.

:eusa_naughty: Shocked at the fact that you did not get a simple song or the between the lines meaning behind it..Christianity is being frowned upon everywhere and in every manner and it is what this Country is founded upon. The more Christianity is taken out of schools and work places the worse things get...it may not be perfect but its better than anything else out there and it keeps the loonies on the path. SO PUT A HELMET ON.
I don't have a problem with any of the other religions but society is trying to stifle MY right to say MERRY CHRISTMAS...They are making it politically incorrect...thats what I have a problem with...Merry Christmas!

They have taken God out of schools, out of the work place and made it all politically incorrect. They are trying to outlaw santa from saying ho-ho-ho and they are trying like hell to take away our guns.........Do you NOT see where this TRAIN ends????????

I'm calling it Christmas, and saying "Merry Christmas." If you're offended, plug your ears.:badgrin:

I'm happy to wish you a merry christmas. And I don't get offended when someone says it to me. But I prefer to be greeted with the more generic "happy holidays" just as a function of respect. And that's not intended to be disrespectful to your beliefs, but there are many of us for whom Christmas is fun, but it's really just a day to hang out with friends and family since we have the day off. In fact, I usually spend it with one of my cousins and her family since they DO celebrate Christmas.

I'm happy to wish you a merry christmas. And I don't get offended when someone says it to me. But I prefer to be greeted with the more generic "happy holidays" just as a function of respect. And that's not intended to be disrespectful to your beliefs, but there are many of us for whom Christmas is fun, but it's really just a day to hang out with friends and family since we have the day off. In fact, I usually spend it with one of my cousins and her family since they DO celebrate Christmas.

I'm usually respectful of people who don't celebrate Christmas so long as they aren't whining about it.

I must confess I take sadistic delight in antagonizing whiners.:eusa_dance:

I'm usually respectful of people who don't celebrate Christmas so long as they aren't whining about it.

What's to whine about at Christmas...Other than going to the mall? Good food, Good friends and family, Good times, Presents to give and receive, Christmas spirit ( Bacardi 151) Putting up the tree and the lights. Taking time to reflect on different things (to be "politically correct"). I like it...Merry Christmas GunnyL:D

:eusa_naughty: Shocked at the fact that you did not get a simple song or the between the lines meaning behind it..

I got it, its just stupid.

Christianity is being frowned upon everywhere and in every manner and it is what this Country is founded upon.

No, actually the country was founded on the Constitution. Pesky document standing in front of your theocracy, I know. Life's a bitch, but deal with it. And no Christianity is not being "frowned upon". Its amazing to me that you people equate not supporting something with frowning upon it.

The more Christianity is taken out of schools and work places the worse things get.

Right...who knows, maybe soon gays will have equality, abortion clinics won't get bombed, priests won't rape little boys, and we won't have any of the other countless joys of christianity.

..it may not be perfect but its better than anything else out there and it keeps the loonies on the path. SO PUT A HELMET ON.

It is what you make of it. I've done quite well with my agnosticism, thanks.

I don't have a problem with any of the other religions but society is trying to stifle MY right to say MERRY CHRISTMAS...They are making it politically incorrect...thats what I have a problem with...Merry Christmas!

No, they are making it politically incorrect for government officials to embrace Christmas, it being a christian holiday and all. You can say it all you want. In fact you just did. And I can say Happy holidays. Thats the joys of a free and open society. I know you wish everyone was forced to say merry christmas, but freedom's a bitch.

They have taken God out of schools,

OH noes! You mean I might not be indoctrinated with your irrational beliefs?

out of the work place and made it all politically incorrect. They are trying to outlaw santa from saying ho-ho-ho and they are trying like hell to take away our guns.........Do you NOT see where this TRAIN ends????????

Please cite who is trying to outlaw santa from saying ho ho ho. Oh wait, nobody is. Isn't lying against your religion? Try following your own damn religion before trying to convince me or others to follow it.

But yet you let this boy whining about christmas off the hook. What a surprise there ol boy.

No, actually the country was founded on the Constitution. Pesky document standing in front of your theocracy, I know. Life's a bitch, but deal with it. And no Christianity is not being "frowned upon". Its amazing to me that you people equate not supporting something with frowning upon it.

Right...who knows, maybe soon gays will have equality, abortion clinics won't get bombed, priests won't rape little boys, and we won't have any of the other countless joys of christianity.

No, they are making it politically incorrect for government officials to embrace Christmas, it being a christian holiday and all. You can say it all you want. In fact you just did. And I can say Happy holidays. Thats the joys of a free and open society. I know you wish everyone was forced to say merry christmas, but freedom's a bitch.

As I said in another thread, move to some better country and post from there reminding all us losers how much better off you are.

First of all it is not my religion. It was here long before I come along. Second it wasn't a lie, if you would click on the link at the top of the page and actually read it. Third, I tend to side more with THE UNIVERSAL ARTICULATE INTERDIMENSIONAL UNDERSTANDING OF SCIENCE
, which allows everyone to learn at their own rate and to climb the spiritual ladder on their own. Christianity is one of the rungs of the ladder. Some are below it, Some are above it. Sorry you haven't found the ladder yet! Of course, being sgnostic, you probably don't even know what the ladder looks like yet and even if someone pointed to it and said there is the ladder, you wouldn't believe it anyway...:eusa_clap:

religious people crack me up.

There should be an organized campeign to call bill oreilly during the entire month of December JUST to wish him a merry christmas from secular atheists so he can shut the fuck up about his boohoo war on christmas goofiness which prompts the dogma junkies to get all bent out of shape because a doorman at fucking walmart didn't greet them with the secret fraternal handshake of greetings.

indeed. religious people crack me up.

I've always wondered how a group who is in the vast majority can feel put upon because everyone here doesn't celebrate their holiday. Luckily, not everyone is Bill O'Reilly, though.

Forum List

Back