It's Becoming More and More Apparent: We Can't Afford Obama

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
After only two months, we're beginning to see what a mess Obama and the Dems are about to create. I was willing to give Obama a chance, but based on what his own people are telling us, we can't afford to give him a chance. We need change now. The path he is putting us on has to be changed. When he said he was bringing change to Washington, I don't think anyone believed it was to destroy the US economically, but that is what is about to take place if people don't start demanding real change.

Audit Finds Dire Deficits in Obama BudgetBy ANDREW TAYLOR, AP
posted: 28 MINUTES AGOcomments: 121filed under: National News, The Obama PresidencyPrintShareText SizeAAAWASHINGTON (March 20) —
President Barack Obama's budget would produce $9.3 trillion in deficits over the next decade, more than four times the deficits of Republican George W. Bush's presidency, congressional auditors said Friday.
The new Congressional Budget Office figures offered a far more dire outlook for Obama's budget than the new administration predicted just last month — a deficit $2.3 trillion worse. It's a prospect even the president's own budget director called unsustainable.

Audit Finds Dire Deficits in Obama Budget

Last edited:
And people wonder why I oppose the boi king and his stupid 'advisors.'

Many of us did, especially frustrating to someone like myself, from Illinois. At the same time, after the election I figured, 'got to give him a chance, he was elected and perhaps with the 'historic nature of the election' some peace on some issues would be 'healing' and perhaps some compromise would be possible.' Before even the 20th of January though, it became apparent that wasn't in the card. Within less than a week, blinders started to fall off some supporters, with both the spending and the remarks, "I won" and "Let no serious crisis..."

It's only become more apparent.

please note we'd be getting the same crap had Hillary won. It's just that Hilary is a lot better at covering her tracks and understands that doing so is in her best interests long term. The problem with this bunch is that they think a four per centage point win over a candidate who essentially forfeited the race by jumping feet first into the Bailout bucket with GW Bush (and leftist weanies still think the latter a conservative) menas they have unlimited and everlasting carte blanche to do whatever they damn well please.

please note we'd be getting the same crap had Hillary won. It's just that Hilary is a lot better at covering her tracks and understands that doing so is in her best interests long term. The problem with this bunch is that they think a four per centage point win over a candidate who essentially forfeited the race by jumping feet first into the Bailout bucket with GW Bush (and leftist weanies still think the latter a conservative) menas they have unlimited and everlasting carte blanche to do whatever they damn well please.

Not entirely true about Hillary ... she would have been far better than Obama. If Hillary and McCain had run together I would have voted for them in a heartbeat. Hell ... if it had been Hillary and McCain against each other it would have come down to who they each picked as running mates to help me choose, and if both chose well I would have flipped a coin ... but at least I would have had a reason to vote again. Hillary has a few good ideas, about the same number as McCain, and many of them were even the same as McCain.

We cannot afford Obama?

Based on my understanding of our current fiancial crises, we cannot afford anything.

What would you have us do, exactly, about that?

We cannot afford Obama?

Based on my understanding of our current fiancial crises, we cannot afford anything.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Our entire economy would have gone in the toilet. The US Dollar would be worth nothing, our bonds, treasures worth nothing, there would be 100% unemployment and the Conservatives would still say "Well, at least we didn't let the government intervene! We'll let the economy correct itself."

Hey did you hear the one about the dead guy who came back to life without the aid of a doctor? Oh you didn't?

We cannot afford Obama?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Our entire economy would have gone in the toilet. The US Dollar would be worth nothing, our bonds, treasures worth nothing, there would be 100% unemployment and the Conservatives would still say "Well, at least we didn't let the government intervene! We'll let the economy correct itself."

Hey did you hear the one about the dead guy who came back to life without the aid of a doctor? Oh you didn't?

Yeah, that's my understanding, too.

Apparently some of us don't subscribe to that theory, however.

Perhaps you're in a better position to describe the complete meltdown that might have happened had, for example, we not immediately propped up AIG?

I'm sure that many of us would appreciate that blow by blow explaination for how "doing nothing" would have lead to

Our entire economy would have gone in the toilet. The US Dollar would be worth nothing, our bonds, treasures worth nothing, there would be 100% unemployment

I think I understand it in theory, but the actual second by second, action and reaction leading to the unraveling of the banking system is beyond my ken to describe.

All I really understand is this...if the banks were counting on dubious debt instruments as assets, then when those dubious debt intsruments were revalued to reflect their REAL values, most of the banks in the Western World would be insolvent.

If you could correct me, or augment my very limited understanding of this meltdown event, which we are told we avoided (thanks to Bush II, originally) I'd love to read it.

Last edited:
Bush leaves US a pile of shit and it's all Obama's fault 54 days later that we havent' fixed it.

We couldn't afford Bush and you voted the asshole in for 8 years.

Pee thee off. and goodbye.

Bush leaves US a pile of shit and it's all Obama's fault 54 days later that we havent' fixed it.

Despite your contention, I don't think anyone was expecting him to fix all the problems in the first 54 days. That would be unreasonable.

Do you support BO's policies without reservation, or is there anything that you would change about them? Blaming Bush is all very well, but it doesn't really solve anything.

Rayboy his solutions to the problem thus far appear to be essentially identical to Bush's solutions to the problem. You thought mit was wrong when Bush was doing it why are they correct when Obama does them?

Either your retardation or your hypocrisy or perhaps a bit of both are showing.

No, 59 Senators, and 265 Representative give us that carte blanche. It is called political capital, and we will use it. More wisely and more effectively than it was used during the last eight years.

After all, you people left us one hell of a mess to clean up. So if you don't like the way the broom is being wielded, go take a flying...........

Not provably at this point ROH. In fact from what I've seen so far, your boys are making Bush and company look like a bunch of freaking geniuses and that takes some doing.

My Lord first they give them the money with one hand now they are going to tax it away from them .They bitch like hell about how 1/3 of 1 percent of the money they have chosen to spend is being spent but let the other 99-2/3 pretty much go catch as catch can.

You put a tax cheat in charge of the IRS and then wonder why you can't seem to find him any help because all the rest of them are tax cheats as well. Hell half of Obama's team will; wind up being republicans because there aren't enough honest Dem ocrats to fill all the positions

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Despite your contention, I don't think anyone was expecting him to fix all the problems in the first 54 days. That would be unreasonable.

Do you support BO's policies without reservation, or is there anything that you would change about them? Blaming Bush is all very well, but it doesn't really solve anything.

Sure as hell doesn't solve anything for the Conservatives to stand as roadblocks to trying to solve anything. They created the situation, and they are opposing doing anything to fix the situation.

As this meltdown progresses, and more and more people find their savings that are in the form of securities declining to less than 30% of original value, at the same time that they are losing their jobs, they are completely losing faith in the capitalistic system as it has existed in this nation. This disaster is doing for the securities and banking industry what the near disaster at Three Mile Island did for the nuclear industry in this nation.

The American Citizen feels that the people that have handled the financial decisions in this nation are little more than thieves. The AIG bonuses confirmed their feelings, and as we investigate the bonuses in the banking industry, I am sure that we will find the same.

When this debacle is behind us, we will be a very differant nation, and you Conservatives will have made yourselves irrelevant in the decisions as to what kind of nation that we will be.

I agree completely! The country simply cannot afford the Democrats in office! Let's look at some numbers:

US Budget Deficit = approx. $1B (not including SS surplus)
US Debt = approx. $3.6T
Dow Jones = approx. 11,400

US Budget Deficit = approx. $400B
US Debt = approx. $10.7T
Dow Jones = approx. 8150

The Democrats had complete control during this time! They owned the White House.....they controlled both houses of Congress....and look at the mess they got us into! If the past eight years are any indication at all, we can fully expect this country to be in the dumps for decades to come! I cannot tell you how disappointed and angry I am at the Democrats for ruining the last eight years for me and my kids!

Oh wait...............

Our Deficits could be even bigger without Obama doing anything or Bush doing anything...

deficits are a shortfall of taxes compared to spending and even if there were no new spending, our deficits would be huge because we are in a recession...people are unemployed so the government will collect A LOT LESS in income taxes, the stock market is in the toilet...so they also won't be collects much at all in Capital gains tax or Dividend taxes, and all the business volume is down so this too will bring in less in taxes, and all or many corporation banks or thrifts or mortgage brokers have gone under, or belly up so there will be less corporate taxes as well, and oil is down so less taxes from that, and gasoline consuption is down so less taxes from that....

the only taxes that can be assured are the cigarette taxes because those people are addicted to the product....

IF the budget passed on to obama doesn't change one iota from President bush in spending, we still will have trillions more in defict over the 10 year period because we will be collecting trillions less in taxes due to the economic downturn....in my opinion.

Taxes have to go up, even if we do not go over last years basic budget one dime....and even if we cut the budget as much as possible.

In addition to this, SS surpluses STOP completely within the next 10 year budget span....which will also make the deficit higher than under Bush....because president Bush had SS surplus funds to use to pay for his budget, to the tune of $150 billion to $300 billion A YEAR, and those are completely gone...no surpluses thru the whole next 10 year period....

basically, WE ARE IN A WORLD OF SHIT and i wouldn't know how to begin to correct this nightmare, and it looks like Obama may not either, but nor would mccqain have known how, or he may have even put us in a worse situation, none of us will ever know...

Care

Forum List

Back