It's Becoming More and More Apparent: We Can't Afford Obama

And the CBO credits the the majority of the surpluses of the 1990s on the 1993 budget reduction act. ( NOT one single R voted for it)

We will save ourselves by killing the military industrial complex that Ike warned us about.

I don't see that happening. However, at some point in the future I do see us pulling back some to the point where we are more concerned about protecting US soil and not the rest of the world. Many countries get a free pass when it comes to their own defense because of the US taxpayer.

I don't want to see our military gutted. However, I'm not sure that there is much benefit in us having military bases all over the world; Germany, Japan, S. Korea, the Phillipines, Saudi Arabia, and on and on and on. If those countries want us there, let them pay us.

I think you do not understand what the military industrail complex is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military-industrial_complex

Last edited:
And people wonder why I oppose the boi king and his stupid 'advisors.'

Many of us did, especially frustrating to someone like myself, from Illinois. At the same time, after the election I figured, 'got to give him a chance, he was elected and perhaps with the 'historic nature of the election' some peace on some issues would be 'healing' and perhaps some compromise would be possible.' Before even the 20th of January though, it became apparent that wasn't in the card. Within less than a week, blinders started to fall off some supporters, with both the spending and the remarks, "I won" and "Let no serious crisis..."

It's only become more apparent.

Whats historic? I figure that part hasnt come yet, but were in for it!

President Obama will implement universal medicare for all Americans. No longer will the brothers be without health insurance.

While I don't think Hillary or McCain would have been the answer, I have to agree that Hillary wouldn't have been this bad for the country. I think she would have been much more pragmatic about developing solutions. On the flipside, had it been her instead of Obama, we'd probably be seeing many of the same people in her cabinet and staff, so I don't know.

But the Media would've been a lot more critical of Hillary than they ever would’ve been of Obama. That was always why, between the Ds, I preferred her. We need a Media that does its job to know what's going on.

After only two months, we're beginning to see what a mess Obama and the Dems are about to create. I was willing to give Obama a chance, but based on what his own people are telling us, we can't afford to give him a chance. We need change now. The path he is putting us on has to be changed. When he said he was bringing change to Washington, I don't think anyone believed it was to destroy the US economically, but that is what is about to take place if people don't start demanding real change.

Audit Finds Dire Deficits in Obama BudgetBy ANDREW TAYLOR, AP
posted: 28 MINUTES AGOcomments: 121filed under: National News, The Obama PresidencyPrintShareText SizeAAAWASHINGTON (March 20) —
President Barack Obama's budget would produce $9.3 trillion in deficits over the next decade, more than four times the deficits of Republican George W. Bush's presidency, congressional auditors said Friday.
The new Congressional Budget Office figures offered a far more dire outlook for Obama's budget than the new administration predicted just last month — a deficit $2.3 trillion worse. It's a prospect even the president's own budget director called unsustainable.

Audit Finds Dire Deficits in Obama Budget

Actually, you're mistaken. Someone DID think the "change" he was bringing was to destroy the nation economically. I thought it. And I have a big, fat, hairy "I told you so" for the gullible leftist sheep.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Bush leaves US a pile of shit and it's all Obama's fault 54 days later that we havent' fixed it.

We couldn't afford Bush and you voted the asshole in for 8 years.

Pee thee off. and goodbye.

It's certainly not Bush's fault that Obama wants to quadruple his deficit.

Bush leaves US a pile of shit and it's all Obama's fault 54 days later that we havent' fixed it.

I love it. The thread is about Obama's profligate spending, and all you can say is, "Bush! Bush, Bush, Bush!" Would you care to explain why Obama spending money like every member of his Cabinet is shitting gold bricks has ANYTHING to do with Bush? Because I KNOW no one with two brain cells to rub together seriously thinks he's doing any of it because he's "trying to fix Bush's mess". There's not one damned thing he's thrown money at that had a thing to do with any of that. (Yes, I realize that you don't actually qualify under the heading of "two brain cells to rub together".)

We cannot afford Obama?

Based on my understanding of our current fiancial crises, we cannot afford anything.

What would you have us do, exactly, about that?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Our entire economy would have gone in the toilet. The US Dollar would be worth nothing, our bonds, treasures worth nothing, there would be 100% unemployment and the Conservatives would still say "Well, at least we didn't let the government intervene! We'll let the economy correct itself."

Hey did you hear the one about the dead guy who came back to life without the aid of a doctor? Oh you didn't?

Go back to school ... take Economics 101 ... please, you are embarrassing yourself and all dems.

Um ... so you actually believe Jrs policies would work as long as it's your own party enacting them.

Congressional Budget Office - A Preliminary Analysis of the President's Budget and an Update of CBO's Budget and Economic Outlook

Take a good hard look at this CBO chart.

Note when this huge deficit was sent soaring into the basement of the chart.

It was under Bush folks.

Oh, wonderful. "Bush did it first, so it's okay if we do it even worse! Never mind if what we're doing is a stupid fucking idea! Bush did it first, so that makes it okay!'

Here's a thought, Spanky. How's about you get into THIS year, and discuss what THIS President is doing, and whether or not it's a good idea, and get the fuck OVER the last President, who's now sitting on his ranch in Crawford, laughing his ass off at what a bunch of blind, Obama-ass-kissing, partisan droolers you and your ilk really are?

When we want to hear hysterical screaming of, "Bush sucks!" apropos of abso-fucking-lutely NOTHING, we'll call you.

And the CBO credits the the majority of the surpluses of the 1990s on the 1993 budget reduction act. ( NOT one single R voted for it)
except there were NO surpluses
that was all a lie

Without the SS surpluses, Clinton would have had some deficits, although they would have been much smaller than what Bush had. One thing people forget is that surplus SS money has been decreasing every year since Clinton left office, making it more and more difficult to run a balanced budget. And this will only get worse as we move forward. This is why SS and Medicare must be revamped completely. They are our two biggest problems long term.

except there were NO surpluses
that was all a lie

Without the SS surpluses, Clinton would have had some deficits, although they would have been much smaller than what Bush had. One thing people forget is that surplus SS money has been decreasing every year since Clinton left office, making it more and more difficult to run a balanced budget. And this will only get worse as we move forward. This is why SS and Medicare must be revamped completely. They are our two biggest problems long term.
exactly
they never should have been using the SS money to reduce how bad the deficit looked
not under Clinton, not under Bush 1 or 2 or under Reagan
not sure just how far back it goes
but it was wrong when they started doing it

Forum List

Back