Zone1 It's almost comical when liberals criticize "the God of the Bible"

rightly or wrongly, I made the connection between the dissent within the CC over differences between literal believers and the acceptance of evolution. What caused it? I only know that the problem is seriously causing threats of a split.
There isn't really much dissent. Years ago, it was decided that some Masses could return to Latin, which I attend at times. It's not as if it has ever been a big to do, at least not where I live. Both the Latin and the English are powerful, at least from my point of view.

Not in the light of day. And certainly not in the heads of the flock, as it pertains to believing Darwin's evolution. And you aren't including evidence from those representing the CC that relates to a hundred years. ( a change in less than the last hundred years?)
Seriously, this has not been an issue, at least not here in the West. "Young Creation" is a Protestant view that I guess gets people going in the South. Catholics--at least all the ones here--really don't care if fellow Catholics follow Evolution or instant creation, as long as they see God's hand in creation--which we all do.

If you want to try to save me, reconcile the contradiction.
I have nothing to do with "saving" anyone. Further, I see no contradiction. This is God's creation, and I have only the vaguest idea of how it all came together. I was always fascinated by Pangea and Continental Drift, and the possibility that dinosaurs and birds may be more closely related than we think. The idea of feathers on dinosaurs is awesome--although I doubt if I'll ever know whether or not they actually had feathers.

If, in fact, you see God as such, why your interest in Him? Why do you give this "narcissist" your attention?

surly your joking -

1703802746049.jpeg

could that be they are referring to the desert religions and their false personifications of their made up god - used to persecute and victimize the innocent.

I never said God should never be criticized (although it doesn't always seem like the best idea--------)

so I'd appreciate people not putting dumbass words in my mouth

The topic is actually about how dims have the audacity to criticize God when they do FAR worse things than He allegedly (or actually) has done
Except humans created religion so religion is fair game for criticism.

Criticize the God in the Bible that drowned all the babies, puppies and kittens on earth?

The God that killed all the first born of Egypt?
The real question? Why would a supposed Atheist care about anything found in the Word of God, that they declare is untruthful? :disbelief: A statement presented to Shock the Christian.........as if there is no valid explanation as to why the God of Creation would kill children without hesitation. How dare God kill children! 😪 feigning emotion as if they actually care about any life other than their own. :abgg2q.jpg: A common practice......the ole tear jerk award performance. This is nothing but an attempt to undermine the faith of those not so grounded in God's truth. A "Got Ya"! moment. Reality: since they have already declared their unbelief of the Holy Scriptures......can they actually in an honest fashion believe this accusation when its proven they care nothing about the life of an innocent child resting in its mothers womb?

As a Christian we are commanded to defend against such hypocrisy and present THE TRUTH as found in the Holy Scriptures in defense of the faith and hope that rests in our hearts (1 Peter 3:15) requires we give an explanation. We are to continue to defend the faith that has been delivered once for all time (Jude 3)

1. All children are innocent and will never taste the fire's of hell reserved for Satan and his minions (Matthew 18:3, Rev. 20:14)

2. Innocent children die every day on earth, death is as natural as life. Is God responsible for taking these innocent children? The reason that God allowed the children to die is obvious. When children die they are saved from the same punishment that their parents will receive, children will go to heaven for eternal fellowship with God. God gave an explanation as to why He was Repentant.....i.e, SORRY that He had created man on earth. It has to do with FREE WILL. Children know only what they are taught by their parents, righteous parents cultivate righteousness..........bad parents cultivate their children to go to hell when they reach the age of reason.

God allowed the children in the flood to die to save them from hell's fire because their parents were found guilty of evil acts. There are worse things than death and dying.
What? Would you have these innocent children grow into maturity and go to hell? These children DIED a natural death......its called drowning. Has there not been one innocent child that drowned to death since the great flood? :dunno: God sent Noah to warn these evil people......repent and be saved. In fact this generation had 120 years to repent before God allowed the flood to consume the earth. Thus.........who is responsible for the death of these children......God or their evil parents?

God gave a reason, based upon the free will actions of men as to why the Great Flood was allowed. "And God saw the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was EVIL CONTINUALLY." -- Gen. 6:5

The same explanation applies when God ordered Samual to kill all living things in battle. (1 Sam. 15:1-9). By allowing the deaths of the children of these pagan's who were guilty of kidnapping children from Isarel and burning them at the stake to worship their false Gods..........God saved the children of the evil parents from the burning in hell after they were indoctrinated as adults in these evil pagan activities. Again there are worse things than death. These judgments of God were based upon Justice and Righteousness under the terms of the Old Covenants between man and God. And eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Today, we live under a different Covenant, the Covenant of our Lord Jesus Christ.....that applies to all nations on earth, not just ONE PEOPLES but all peoples on earth. Today there is neither Jew nor Greek/Gentile, male nor female...etc., all are of one faith in Christ Jesus. (Gal. 3:28-29)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back