It's against the law to offend people?

Nonsense. You made an independent, concrete statement. Justify it, or enjoy the laughter directed at you.

you don't understand the issue, huh?

:cuckoo:

I understand it just fine. It's the amphibian thinking such as you people continually exhibit that perplexes me.

as I said. you haven't a clue and need to go look at our caselaw. no right is immutable or without exceptions.
BE VERY SPECIFIC and tell us what law was broken in this particular case.

He didn't video tape what he was doing so it's impossible to say if he broke the law or not. It is up to the judge but......

In Texas, the crime of disorderly conduct can be committed by

• using obscene or abusive language or making an offensive gesture or display that tends to provoke a violent reaction or upset the community's peace and quiet (“fighting words”)
  • creating a chemical, noxious odor in a public place
  • threatening or abusing another person in a public place, without provocation
  • making excessive noise in a public place or in or near someone else’s private residence

Disorderly Conduct in Texas | Criminal Law

Did you watch the video? The guy filming fully described the language used, the cop didn't dispute anything he said, so why do you have any reason to believe any of the above applies?

the constitutional reference. have you read the case law? I doubt it. so you might want to start there, little boy.

and when you look at that caselaw, you'll find that freedom of speech is not limitless. for example, you can't slander someone.

is that a good enough start for your under-developed brain?

and you can say all of the idiotic things you want. that doesn't mean there aren't repercussions for being stupid.

Hey dum dum.. slander isn't illegal... it is a civil matter.. and you have to prove damages in a civil proceeding. Good luck with that.
If slanderous behavior leads to disrupting the public peace, yes, it can become a criminal manner.

Yeah, the disturbing the peace part, not the slander part. Slander isn't illegal. Conflate much?
When it cause public disorder, then, yes, it is criminal.

Again, the public disorder part, not the slander.. I will not get arrested for slander.

Drinking alcohol isn't illegal... get behind the wheel though, you have legal issues. You will get arrested for DUI, not drinking. One more example, lighting matches isn't illegal. Lighting matches that torch a dwelling is though. You get arrested for arson, not lighting matches.

See how this works?
You really don't get that your slander in a certain circumstance can be criminal? Then you are very foolish.

Freedom of speech is not absolute.

Please quote the constitutional reference.

the constitutional reference. have you read the case law? I doubt it. so you might want to start there, little boy.

and when you look at that caselaw, you'll find that freedom of speech is not limitless. for example, you can't slander someone.

and you can say all of the idiotic things you want. that doesn't mean there aren't repercussions for being stupid.

How about you do away with the straw men arguments and address what occurred in the video? Also see post #11 for a citation of case law.

Jillian, the LAWYER, thinks slander is illegal. What a nutter.

She actually claims to be a lawyer?

Wow.

Hey dum dum.. slander isn't illegal... it is a civil matter.. and you have to prove damages in a civil proceeding. Good luck with that.

yes. it's a civil matter, moron. did i say otherwise? no.

you also can't just use someone else's likeness. commercial speech has limits.

no one said anything about criminal penalty.

damn you're dumb as toast, loser.

and for the record, if you stand up in public and start ranting and raving about your idiotic ideas there are times you need a permit.

you can be fined and go to jail without one.

oops. :cuckoo:

The leftwing is so crazy, they cant even listen to divergent viewpoints, wow these people are pathetic and beyond stupid.

The ignorance of the thread premise is exceeded by its stupidity.

The offense is disorderly conduct, not 'speech,' offensive or otherwise.

You have to be one of the least intellectually honest people on this board. If you bothered to actually watch the video and LISTEN to what the office said, you would know the officer told him what they were doing (preaching) was fine, the speech (using medically correct terms for anatomical body parts) is what people found offensive. The officer plainly said offending people was against the law, IT'S NOT.

The leftwing is so crazy, they cant even listen to divergent viewpoints, wow these people are pathetic and beyond stupid.

You have to be one of the least intellectually honest people on this board. If you bothered to actually watch the video and LISTEN to what the office said, you would know the officer told him what they were doing (preaching) was fine, the speech (using medically correct terms for anatomical body parts) is what people found offensive. The officer plainly said offending people was against the law, IT'S NOT.
If it leads to disorderly in public, yes, it is.

Given the facts in the video, explain in detail how it lead to disorderly in public.

What makes him left wing?

You're the fuckers who pushed the Patriot Act.

You're the fuckers who pushed the Military Commission's Act (that nullified the Bill of Rights).

You're the fuckers who tried to re-define torture.

You're the fuckers who politicized the DOJ.

Now you're the fuckers who don't want to sleep in the bed you made.

yes. it's a civil matter, moron. did i say otherwise? no.

you also can't just use someone else's likeness. commercial speech has limits.

no one said anything about criminal penalty.

damn you're dumb as toast, loser.

and for the record, if you stand up in public and start ranting and raving about your idiotic ideas there are times you need a permit.

you can be fined and go to jail without one.

oops. :cuckoo:

Oh boy, another straw man, permits weren't an issue in this case, care to stay on topic?

Given the facts in the video, explain in detail how it lead to disorderly in public.
That is not my burden of proof, but it is yours to explain why it should not have.

Last edited:

You're the fuckers who pushed the Military Commission's Act (that nullified the Bill of Rights).

Ever thought he might be referring to the little sensitive college puke(s) that called the cops.

The rest of your crap has no bearing on the thread.

That is not my burden of proof, but it is yours to explain why it should not have.

See post #11 and #48, I provided proof, you need more than your little hit and run comments to dispute it.

See post #11 and #48, I provided proof, you need more than your little hit and run comments to dispute it.
I have already rebutted your nonsense, so come up with something new.

Ever thought he might be referring to the little sensitive college puke(s) that called the cops.
The college puke did sound like a little prick, but if that is what he meant in the OP, then I suggest he be a little more succinct.

Oh contraire, if it is against the law to offend people, everything I listed above, played a contributing role in making it happen.

I have already rebutted your nonsense, so come up with something new.

Really, this looks more like surrender than a rebuttal. It's your first and only response to post #11.

Good. We have just seen some solid analysis if not conclusive in itself and even some evidence.

EDIT: I have to take that back, you made one other reference to post #11, it was this, my bold. Damn it won't let me insert a quote on an edit, so I did a copy and paste.
Fakey:
"My statement was to generate an analysis and some evidence. Good on you who did that."

Last edited:
The college puke did sound like a little prick, but if that is what he meant in the OP, then I suggest he be a little more succinct.

Oh contraire, if it is against the law to offend people, everything I listed above, played a contributing role in making it happen.

No I think his analogy was accurate, the left in general and the little brainwashed college pukes in specific, think anything said that goes against their left wing indoctrination as offensive. They think the whole freaking world should be a safe zone for them.

But citing someone for saying penis and anus in describing homosexual acts as disorderly conduct, is pure BS just because college pukes don't what to hear other opinions on homosexuals.

Please make sense so that I may respond.

Forum List

Back