It's against the law to offend people?

Freedom of speech is not absolute.

Please quote the constitutional reference.
Don't have to. The thread has to defend the OP, and it has not yet.

Nonsense. You made an independent, concrete statement. Justify it, or enjoy the laughter directed at you.

you don't understand the issue, huh?

:cuckoo:

I understand it just fine. It's the amphibian thinking such as you people continually exhibit that perplexes me.

as I said. you haven't a clue and need to go look at our caselaw. no right is immutable or without exceptions.

Liberals need to pull up their panties, open the Constitution, and actually read it instead of ignoring it. If they did so they would discover that while they have many ACTUAL Rights in this country, the 'right' NOT to be offended is NOT one of them.

In conclusion, F* YOU VERY MUCH! :p

Nonsense. You made an independent, concrete statement. Justify it, or enjoy the laughter directed at you.

I understand it just fine. It's the amphibian thinking such as you people continually exhibit that perplexes me.

as I said. you haven't a clue and need to go look at our caselaw. no right is immutable or without exceptions.

You can of course quote where I have said there are no exceptions. Take your time.

BE VERY SPECIFIC and tell us what law was broken in this particular case.

BE VERY SPECIFIC and tell us what law was broken in this particular case.

He didn't video tape what he was doing so it's impossible to say if he broke the law or not. It is up to the judge but......

In Texas, the crime of disorderly conduct can be committed by

• using obscene or abusive language or making an offensive gesture or display that tends to provoke a violent reaction or upset the community's peace and quiet (“fighting words”)
  • creating a chemical, noxious odor in a public place
  • threatening or abusing another person in a public place, without provocation
  • making excessive noise in a public place or in or near someone else’s private residence

Disorderly Conduct in Texas | Criminal Law

the constitutional reference. have you read the case law? I doubt it. so you might want to start there, little boy.

and when you look at that caselaw, you'll find that freedom of speech is not limitless. for example, you can't slander someone.

is that a good enough start for your under-developed brain?

and you can say all of the idiotic things you want. that doesn't mean there aren't repercussions for being stupid.

Hey dum dum.. slander isn't illegal... it is a civil matter.. and you have to prove damages in a civil proceeding. Good luck with that.

the constitutional reference. have you read the case law? I doubt it. so you might want to start there, little boy.

and when you look at that caselaw, you'll find that freedom of speech is not limitless. for example, you can't slander someone.

and you can say all of the idiotic things you want. that doesn't mean there aren't repercussions for being stupid.

How about you do away with the straw men arguments and address what occurred in the video? Also see post #11 for a citation of case law.

Jillian, the LAWYER, thinks slander is illegal. What a nutter.

Hey dum dum.. slander isn't illegal... it is a civil matter.. and you have to prove damages in a civil proceeding. Good luck with that.
Soggy, you should listen to those, like Jillian, who know the law better than you on these issues. If slanderous behavior leads to disrupting the public peace, yes, it can become a criminal manner.

The leftwing is so crazy, they cant even listen to divergent viewpoints, wow these people are pathetic and beyond stupid.

The PC Police will do absolutely everything it can to intimidate speech through issuing "consequences" for speech they don't like.

They don't HAVE to do this, they CHOOSE to do it.

They'll do whatever it takes to minimize speech that challenges their narcissistic worldview. Maybe they're not confident in their opinions.

If slanderous behavior leads to disrupting the public peace, yes, it can become a criminal manner.

Yeah, the disturbing the peace part, not the slander part. Slander isn't illegal. Conflate much?

A recap is in order.

No, it is not illegal to offend someone.
Yes, there are limits on speech.
Yes, there are consequences to speech that do not amount to government censorship.

Is that about right?

If slanderous behavior leads to disrupting the public peace, yes, it can become a criminal manner.

Yeah, the disturbing the peace part, not the slander part. Slander isn't illegal. Conflate much?
When it causes public disorder, then, yes, it is criminal.

When it cause public disorder, then, yes, it is criminal.

Again, the public disorder part, not the slander.. I will not get arrested for slander.

Drinking alcohol isn't illegal... get behind the wheel though, you have legal issues. You will get arrested for DUI, not drinking. One more example, lighting matches isn't illegal. Lighting matches that torch a dwelling is though. You get arrested for arson, not lighting matches.

See how this works?

The leftwing is so crazy, they cant even listen to divergent viewpoints, wow these people are pathetic and beyond stupid.

The PC Police will do absolutely everything it can to intimidate speech through issuing "consequences" for speech they don't like.

They don't HAVE to do this, they CHOOSE to do it.

They'll do whatever it takes to minimize speech that challenges their narcissistic worldview. Maybe they're not confident in their opinions.

And with that statement, you win the debate.

Mark

Forum List

Back