It's about time it was said.

President Bush was so concerned about WMD's in the hands of Saddam Hussein he invaded Iraq; if he was concerned about Freddie and Fannie why didn't he send out his team to all the Sunday News Shows to develop support for fiscal constraint and regulation. He sent all hands out to develop a case for war.

It seems to me the book and the tour is little more than an effort to save face, and put a postive spin on eight years of fucking up our economy and creating a mess in our foreign relations.

Simply put... because the media wouldn't play ball.

Seems to me, you need to learn a bit about how the media operates and why.

Oh and.... just for the record.... Bush didn't fuck up the economy. Congress did. The banks did. And Americans did.

President Bush was so concerned about WMD's in the hands of Saddam Hussein he invaded Iraq; if he was concerned about Freddie and Fannie why didn't he send out his team to all the Sunday News Shows to develop support for fiscal constraint and regulation. He sent all hands out to develop a case for war.

It seems to me the book and the tour is little more than an effort to save face, and put a postive spin on eight years of fucking up our economy and creating a mess in our foreign relations.

Bush was not a show boater like obama Bush tried to reel in Freddy and Fanny but your democrats and a few rinois would not allow it. Thank you for fucking up America.

LMAO, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and landing on a CVN in a Flight Suit is not showboating?

Image:Bushflightsuit.jpg - dKosopedia

When the government says it will back any loans made by Freddy or fanny and Freddy and fanny makes loans to people who cannot or will not repay the loan and when you have enough of those types of loans. PLEASE PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER.

Please stop thinking sheer stupidity on the part of the politicians and the masses - look closer and see if you can figure out who made money over the last 4 years.

There is a small group of folks who went from rich to disgustingly wealthy over the last decade with an orgasm of cash flow in 2006 & 2007.

It took them 20 years, they built the best government money could buy and they took advantage. They may not even know each other but their lawyers are probably friends.

:eusa_hand: Raise your hand if you would drop 7 figures on politics and not expect something in return. Can you blame them? Trust me, if I thought I had the money to influence the regulations that my business and my competition had to live by and be taxed by, I would try. It is an incredibly 'American' thing to do - what good are a couple of million in resources if I can't influence the taxes I pay and how easy it is for some young punk to come along and compete with me?

The old tryed and true blame the rich. Then if this is true and the rich are greedy why on earth would make them tell congress that they must have a program set up that will give loans to the poor, even if they can't repay them?

Who said anything about blaming the rich? I'm just saying that if you guys are going to discuss "why" something happened, you're wasting your time if you don't check to see if anyone profited from the event; and if someone did, investigating the possibility of government influence being sold. Anyone who believes that American politics of the last 2 centuries does not contain a LOT of influence being bought and sold is naive.

Bush was not a show boater like obama Bush tried to reel in Freddy and Fanny but your democrats and a few rinois would not allow it. Thank you for fucking up America.

LMAO, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and landing on a CVN in a Flight Suit is not showboating?

I thought it was pretty Fucking Cool! :cool:

Please stop thinking sheer stupidity on the part of the politicians and the masses - look closer and see if you can figure out who made money over the last 4 years.

There is a small group of folks who went from rich to disgustingly wealthy over the last decade with an orgasm of cash flow in 2006 & 2007.

It took them 20 years, they built the best government money could buy and they took advantage. They may not even know each other but their lawyers are probably friends.

:eusa_hand: Raise your hand if you would drop 7 figures on politics and not expect something in return. Can you blame them? Trust me, if I thought I had the money to influence the regulations that my business and my competition had to live by and be taxed by, I would try. It is an incredibly 'American' thing to do - what good are a couple of million in resources if I can't influence the taxes I pay and how easy it is for some young punk to come along and compete with me?

The old tryed and true blame the rich. Then if this is true and the rich are greedy why on earth would make them tell congress that they must have a program set up that will give loans to the poor, even if they can't repay them?

Who said anything about blaming the rich? I'm just saying that if you guys are going to discuss "why" something happened, you're wasting your time if you don't check to see if anyone profited from the event; and if someone did, investigating the possibility of government influence being sold. Anyone who believes that American politics of the last 2 centuries does not contain a LOT of influence being bought and sold is naive.

Two key democrats were sleeping with the bankers one was with fanny mae and the other was married to one.
Franks and dodd.

Can't grasp anything can you? I never said Bush wasn't a showboater, I said he wasn't a showboater like obama.

Because the media and people like you were trying to rip him a new asshole 24/7. He did try to expose the corruption, and was obstructed at every turn.

I can't believe that Democrats still refuse to accept ANY responsibility for the financial crisis. Fannie and Freddie were a huge part of the problem and have been in financial trouble since 2000.

Bush brought up the problem had a commission investigate, and was pushed back hard by the Democrats. They black caucus made it a "racist" issue, Barney Frank said "everything is fine" and that was the end of it. The video tells the tale....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs[/ame]

Rush and George Bush as reference experts?

LMAO
Bush is making the point valid that he tried to put a top to Freddy and Fanny, and comparing expertise between the two and whats in thew white house right now I will go with Bush and Rush

During the limbaugh Bush interviewtoday Rush ask President Bush aboiut the car in the ditch
I will let President Bush speak for himself on this issue

Time and time again I have said Freddy and fanny was the cause of the fanical crisis. Thank you George for telling it like it is.

Powerful Forces in congress in 2003 were REPUBLICAN.

The powerful forces even though the republicans had a majority did not have enough to bust a threaten democratic fillabuster. Oh and 2003 wasn't the only time he said something he did it for all of his 8 years.

Always someone elses fault, isnt it?

Oh and.... just for the record.... Bush didn't fuck up the economy. Congress did. The banks did. And Americans did.

Hence, Obama didn't fuck up the economy, Congress has and the banksters have.

'Learn' me about the media, I'm all ears.

During the limbaugh Bush interviewtoday Rush ask President Bush aboiut the car in the ditch
PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, on this issue, I don't steer clear because I remind the reader that on the issue of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, I saw a problem, and went to Congress and said, "Look, this is a group of... These are enterprises that have got an implicit government guarantee and they're taking risky stances, and therefore we ought to regulate them. If they've got an implicit government guarantee there ought to be some sense of regulation and make sure they don't misuse that guarantee, and I make it clear in the book what happened, and that is that powerful forces in Congress resisted that reform. Whether those reforms had taken place in 2003 it's hard to predict whether or not this crisis would have occurred, but I'm comfortable in telling the reader and comfortable that history will judge that we tried to do something about it. You know, and eventually the truth wins out, and this book is an attempt to set the record straight from my perspective.

Time and time again I have said Freddy and fanny was the cause of the fanical crisis. Thank you George for telling it like it is.

And you expected Bush, who was the President and most powerful man in the world at the time, to actually blame himself?

That's fucking hilarious.

PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, on this issue, I don't steer clear because I remind the reader that on the issue of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, I saw a problem, and went to Congress and said, "Look, this is a group of... These are enterprises that have got an implicit government guarantee and they're taking risky stances, and therefore we ought to regulate them. If they've got an implicit government guarantee there ought to be some sense of regulation and make sure they don't misuse that guarantee, and I make it clear in the book what happened, and that is that powerful forces in Congress resisted that reform. Whether those reforms had taken place in 2003 it's hard to predict whether or not this crisis would have occurred, but I'm comfortable in telling the reader and comfortable that history will judge that we tried to do something about it. You know, and eventually the truth wins out, and this book is an attempt to set the record straight from my perspective.

Which is the myth the rightwing propaganda machine has settled on. Like some sort of ancient culture, the rightwing always takes the hard-to-explain and simply creates a myth to explain it,

a myth that makes the people feel good.

And you expected Bush, who was the President and most powerful man in the world at the time, to actually blame himself?

Dude I really don't understand how you missed it. The story was covered in the news Bush tried to stop freddy and fanny. Where you asleep at the time?

Which is the myth the rightwing propaganda machine has settled on. Like some sort of ancient culture, the rightwing always takes the hard-to-explain and simply creates a myth to explain it,

What you are attempting to do, but failing, the spin control, how is that not Myth?

Not a myth sorry you failed. Well there is a myth and you and your ink are the ones spreading it.

You are embarrassing yourself.

Because the media and people like you were trying to rip him a new asshole 24/7. He did try to expose the corruption, and was obstructed at every turn.

Oh...

Poor President Bush!

It's like being the most powerful man in the world is a hard job and subjects you to criticism or something!

Hence, Obama didn't fuck up the economy, Congress has and the banksters have.

'Learn' me about the media, I'm all ears.

From 2007 until 2009 obama was a U.S. Senator.

Forum List

Back