It's about time it was said.

You are embarrassing yourself.

By pointing out that Bush continues to pass the buck on every miserable failure of his administration?

I don't think so.

But thanks for playing.

I think Bush has been extremely quiet on the matter until now. Can't wait to check out his book.

He knows that America's collective amnesia is about two years.

He was probably being overly cautious. I mean, you guys were buying his steady stream of bullshit for eight solid years without batting an eye.

Found those "Weapons of Mass Destruction" yet?

By pointing out that Bush continues to pass the buck on every miserable failure of his administration?

I don't think so.

But thanks for playing.

I think Bush has been extremely quiet on the matter until now. Can't wait to check out his book.

He was probably being overly cautious. I mean, you guys were buying his steady stream of bullshit for eight solid years without batting an eye.

It seems amnesia works on liberals a little quicker and longer on certain issues unless a republicans is mentioned.

It seems amnesia works on liberals a little quicker and longer on certain issues unless a republicans is mentioned.

It's because they're partisan hacks. It is what it is.

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but try learning how to write a sentence. How's this, your words, my use of grammar:

]Bush was not a show boater. Like Obama, Bush tried to reel in Freddy and Fanny. But your Democrats and a few RINOs would not allow it. Thank you for fucking up America.]

The fact remains, President Bush did nothing to regulate Fannie and Freddie, even though by his own admission he was aware of the dangers to our economy,
Of course The Congress was culpable, but a president must take the protection of the nation seriously and not make a half-hearted effort in that regard.
Frankly it's hard to blame Bush, he was advised by neo-cons who wanted his father to finish off Saddam ten years earlier. Cheney, Libby, Wolfowitz, and all who signed the PNAC statement of principles wanted war with Iraq. See the link below for their names:

Statement of Principles

In retrospect it's clear the greater danger to our nation existed here, at home, on Wall Street. Banksters not Saddam and his Republcan Guard was the threat. Even Bush knows that today.

Do you have a second grade mentallity? holy shit batman even a caveman could understand what I wrote.

The fact remains, President Bush did nothing to regulate Fannie and Freddie, even though by his own admission he was aware of the dangers to our economy,
Of course The Congress was culpable, but a president must take the protection of the nation seriously and not make a half-hearted effort in that regard.

Damn I thought you were smart and well educated? a president is a leader but congress is the one that gives the go a head to do things. Without approval from Congress a president cannot do anything.

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

So, a President has no Executive Power?

The way that Congress was obstructed all those years, the power thew Press had and their bias? No, The President has little or no Executive Power on sensitive issues with the deck stacked against him. Obama is about to learn that first hand.

I don't think so.

But thanks for playing.

Unassembled or assembled? Let me check with Syria...... They said something about E-Bay. ;)

During the limbaugh Bush interviewtoday Rush ask President Bush aboiut the car in the ditch
I will let President Bush speak for himself on this issue

Time and time again I have said Freddy and fanny was the cause of the fanical crisis. Thank you George for telling it like it is.

Powerful Forces in congress in 2003 were REPUBLICAN.

The powerful forces even though the republicans had a majority did not have enough to bust a threaten democratic fillabuster. Oh and 2003 wasn't the only time he said something he did it for all of his 8 years.

I didn't mean to imply that the R's were only impotent during 2003.

During the limbaugh Bush interviewtoday Rush ask President Bush aboiut the car in the ditch
I will let President Bush speak for himself on this issue

Time and time again I have said Freddy and fanny was the cause of the fanical crisis. Thank you George for telling it like it is.

And the red flag was raised in 2005 by some Republicans on the Hill. Democrats said there wasn't anything wrong...the Net is filled with videos that attest to it.

Gee, the D's said there wasn't anything wrong, and the R's folded.

Not what I'd call a terribly effective party, these Republicans.

And the red flag was raised in 2005 by some Republicans on the Hill. Democrats said there wasn't anything wrong...the Net is filled with videos that attest to it.

Country Club Blue Blood Republican's, still not recovered from the Starving Old People and Throwing them out in the street campaign. Progressive Republicans.

I will let President Bush speak for himself on this issue...

The powerful forces even though the republicans had a majority did not have enough to bust a threaten democratic fillabuster. Oh and 2003 wasn't the only time he said something he did it for all of his 8 years.
must have been a real soft whisper.

so which regulatory bill was sponsored by whom? drafted even? resolved for debate?

nada. smokescreen mode. party of responsibility or something.

instead, i remember several state of the union addresses when the president stroked himself over record-breaking home 'ownership' figures. where were you?

Country Club Blue Blood Republican's, still not recovered from the Starving Old People and Throwing them out in the street campaign. Progressive Republicans.

We'll see if the leopard has changed spots.

must have been a real soft whisper.

so which regulatory bill was sponsored by whom? drafted even? resolved for debate?

nada. smokescreen mode. party of responsibility or something.

instead, i remember several state of the union addresses when the president stroked himself over record-breaking home 'ownership' figures. where were you?

Paying higher property taxes. How about you?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcIBFLSmVGA[/ame]

everyone went vulture over the booming property market from banks, to the feds to the local governments extorting property taxes. now is the season to write memoirs, point fingers, and say it wasn't so.

I am, sadly, no longer surprised that this country is in such a fucking mess. It appears that most Americans are unable to think for themselves any more. One thing I have found during my wanderings around forums etc is that Americans are, by and large, pretty moronic. We all say the media cannot be trusted to provide accurate, non partisan information and yet, time and again, we accept what they say without question.

As Thomas Jefferson said "question, with boldness". Please learn to think critically, read more books - from perspectives other than your own... and THINK!

Moronic?

:wtf:

By and large?

Vast numbers of Americans are led by their fears and their peers and/or are stupid but "by and large" I find America a better place to live, given my resources and choices, than anyplace else I've been and I find her people engaging and intelligent, by and large.

It's people like you, CG, who I find engaging and intelligent and proud to be associated with. California is still part of 'America', right? I've seen you call "bullshit!", and properly so, on both sides of the aisle. Do you really find Americans moronic by and large?

Moron (psychology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

everyone went vulture over the booming property market from banks, to the feds to the local governments extorting property taxes. now is the season to write memoirs, point fingers, and say it wasn't so.

I agree that Sharks on both sides of the Aisle were predatory, buy not Everybody is that way. Not everyone took advantage.

There are alway's those waiting to pounce, when there is a misstep, muddy the waters, so most are not able to see the scheme, and grab everything that you can in the confusion. Time after time the Predators are long gone before Government even responds. That's when there is not collusion. Either they out smart or orchestrate hand in hand. Follow the money.

President Bush was so concerned about WMD's in the hands of Saddam Hussein he invaded Iraq; if he was concerned about Freddie and Fannie why didn't he send out his team to all the Sunday News Shows to develop support for fiscal constraint and regulation. He sent all hands out to develop a case for war.

It seems to me the book and the tour is little more than an effort to save face, and put a postive spin on eight years of fucking up our economy and creating a mess in our foreign relations.

Simply put... because the media wouldn't play ball.

Seems to me, you need to learn a bit about how the media operates and why.

Oh and.... just for the record.... Bush didn't fuck up the economy. Congress did. The banks did. And Americans did.

Something vexes thee, m' love?

What astonishes me is that Enron implodes, and we see all sorts of top executives being chained together in court.

But, AIC, Fanny Mea, Freddy Mac, CitiBanc, et al., bring the ENTIRE COUNTRY to the brink of a fucking financial disaster, and there hasn't yet been EVEN THE MENTION of a congressional investigation.

Doesn't that strike anyone as more than a little odd?

The old tryed and true blame the rich. Then if this is true and the rich are greedy why on earth would make them tell congress that they must have a program set up that will give loans to the poor, even if they can't repay them?

Who said anything about blaming the rich? I'm just saying that if you guys are going to discuss "why" something happened, you're wasting your time if you don't check to see if anyone profited from the event; and if someone did, investigating the possibility of government influence being sold. Anyone who believes that American politics of the last 2 centuries does not contain a LOT of influence being bought and sold is naive.

Two key democrats were sleeping with the bankers one was with fanny mae and the other was married to one.
Franks and dodd.

Exactly my point.

What astonishes me is that Enron implodes, and we see all sorts of top executives being chained together in court.

But, AIC, Fanny Mea, Freddy Mac, CitiBanc, et al., bring the ENTIRE COUNTRY to the brink of a fucking financial disaster, and there hasn't yet been EVEN THE MENTION of a congressional investigation.

Think harder. Charlie Rangel just got re-Elected. :lol:

Think harder. Charlie Rangel just got re-Elected. :lol:

You...You.......:confused:

You don't suppose there's a double standard, do you?:eek:

This is no surprise to me. Bush was a lone voice over Fanny and Freddie... and much more. I don't credit Bush for much but, on this, he listened to the right people - Economists - who were warning about the state of the financial industry, ballooning personal debt through stupid lending policies and really stupid Americans borrowing more than they could afford. On Fanny and Freddie, both Republicans and Democrats fucked us over. A bipartisan effort. One of the very, very few who actually tried to do something BEFORE the shit hit the fan was George W Bush.

In fairness, we should also take note that Senator McCain (who has done plenty of stupid shit) was ALSO a kind of lonely voice on the topic.

Forum List

Back