It's about time it was said.

During the limbaugh Bush interviewtoday Rush ask President Bush aboiut the car in the ditch
I will let President Bush speak for himself on this issue
PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, on this issue, I don't steer clear because I remind the reader that on the issue of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, I saw a problem, and went to Congress and said, "Look, this is a group of... These are enterprises that have got an implicit government guarantee and they're taking risky stances, and therefore we ought to regulate them. If they've got an implicit government guarantee there ought to be some sense of regulation and make sure they don't misuse that guarantee, and I make it clear in the book what happened, and that is that powerful forces in Congress resisted that reform. Whether those reforms had taken place in 2003 it's hard to predict whether or not this crisis would have occurred, but I'm comfortable in telling the reader and comfortable that history will judge that we tried to do something about it. You know, and eventually the truth wins out, and this book is an attempt to set the record straight from my perspective.

Time and time again I have said Freddy and fanny was the cause of the fanical crisis. Thank you George for telling it like it is.

Powerful Forces in congress in 2003 were REPUBLICAN.

The Hearings were obstructed by Barney Frank and his crowd. The Links were posed in the past on these boards. They dumped all over Anyone that dared question Fannie and Freddie, even after warning flag's came up. Solid obstructionism.

During the limbaugh Bush interviewtoday Rush ask President Bush aboiut the car in the ditch

Time and time again I have said Freddy and fanny was the cause of the fanical crisis. Thank you George for telling it like it is.

The Hearings were obstructed by Barney Frank and his crowd. The Links were posed in the past on these boards. They dumped all over Anyone that dared question Fannie and Freddie, even after warning flag's came up. Solid obstructionism.

In fact they accused Bush and the Republicans of wanting to do away with Fanny and Freddie in order to keep poor people from being home owners. It was a favorite Talking point at the time.

This is no surprise to me. Bush was a lone voice over Fanny and Freddie... and much more. I don't credit Bush for much but, on this, he listened to the right people - Economists - who were warning about the state of the financial industry, ballooning personal debt through stupid lending policies and really stupid Americans borrowing more than they could afford. On Fanny and Freddie, both Republicans and Democrats fucked us over. A bipartisan effort. One of the very, very few who actually tried to do something BEFORE the shit hit the fan was George W Bush.

Which economists was he listening to, and when? If he was listening, then why did he add fuel to the credit crunch by individuals already in debt up to their eyeballs by encouraging them to buy homes they couldn't afford, and just to give them a shove in that direction, "Uncle Sam will make your downpayment!!" That happened in January 2004.

Go and research it. Find out for yourself who was advising Bush. The information is not that hard to find.

And.... the Dems and the GOP were encouraging Americans to run up debts, as were the banks, and organizations such as ACORN (in fact, they pretty much FORCED banks to lend money to people who shouldn't be borrowing money).... And, you know what.... Just because banks OFFER to lend you money - does not mean you have to take it.

The whole fucking country is responsible for this mess. We spent more than we could afford - as individuals - and as a nation.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for being hoodwinked into blaming Bush.

Seriously.

Exactly how did Freddie and Fannie get us into this financial mess? They back up loans brought to them by banks and of late, agents of financial companies.

When the government says it will back any loans made by Freddy or fanny and Freddy and fanny makes loans to people who cannot or will not repay the loan and when you have enough of those types of loans. PLEASE PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER.

Please stop thinking sheer stupidity on the part of the politicians and the masses - look closer and see if you can figure out who made money over the last 4 years.

There is a small group of folks who went from rich to disgustingly wealthy over the last decade with an orgasm of cash flow in 2006 & 2007.

It took them 20 years, they built the best government money could buy and they took advantage. They may not even know each other but their lawyers are probably friends.

:eusa_hand: Raise your hand if you would drop 7 figures on politics and not expect something in return. Can you blame them? Trust me, if I thought I had the money to influence the regulations that my business and my competition had to live by and be taxed by, I would try. It is an incredibly 'American' thing to do - what good are a couple of million in resources if I can't influence the taxes I pay and how easy it is for some young punk to come along and compete with me?

Seriously.

Exactly how did Freddie and Fannie get us into this financial mess? They back up loans brought to them by banks and of late, agents of financial companies.

When the government says it will back any loans made by Freddy or fanny and Freddy and fanny makes loans to people who cannot or will not repay the loan and when you have enough of those types of loans. PLEASE PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER.

Please stop thinking sheer stupidity on the part of the politicians and the masses - look closer and see if you can figure out who made money over the last 4 years.

There is a small group of folks who went from rich to disgustingly wealthy over the last decade with an orgasm of cash flow in 2006 & 2007.

It took them 20 years, they built the best government money could buy and they took advantage. They may not even know each other but their lawyers are probably friends.

:eusa_hand: Raise your hand if you would drop 7 figures on politics and not expect something in return. Can you blame them? Trust me, if I thought I had the money to influence the regulations that my business and my competition had to live by and be taxed by, I would try. It is an incredibly 'American' thing to do - what good are a couple of million in resources if I can't influence the taxes I pay and how easy it is for some young punk to come along and compete with me?

And who protected them? Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxine Waters, Franklin Raines, and the Fannie Mae lobbiest who is not Obama's national security advisor.

Seriously.

The old tryed and true blame the rich. Then if this is true and the rich are greedy why on earth would make them tell congress that they must have a program set up that will give loans to the poor, even if they can't repay them?

I am, sadly, no longer surprised that this country is in such a fucking mess. It appears that most Americans are unable to think for themselves any more. One thing I have found during my wanderings around forums etc is that Americans are, by and large, pretty moronic. We all say the media cannot be trusted to provide accurate, non partisan information and yet, time and again, we accept what they say without question.

As Thomas Jefferson said "question, with boldness". Please learn to think critically, read more books - from perspectives other than your own... and THINK!

This is no surprise to me. Bush was a lone voice over Fanny and Freddie... and much more. I don't credit Bush for much but, on this, he listened to the right people - Economists - who were warning about the state of the financial industry, ballooning personal debt through stupid lending policies and really stupid Americans borrowing more than they could afford. On Fanny and Freddie, both Republicans and Democrats fucked us over. A bipartisan effort. One of the very, very few who actually tried to do something BEFORE the shit hit the fan was George W Bush.

Which economists was he listening to, and when? If he was listening, then why did he add fuel to the credit crunch by individuals already in debt up to their eyeballs by encouraging them to buy homes they couldn't afford, and just to give them a shove in that direction, "Uncle Sam will make your downpayment!!" That happened in January 2004.

Go and research it. Find out for yourself who was advising Bush. The information is not that hard to find.

And.... the Dems and the GOP were encouraging Americans to run up debts, as were the banks, and organizations such as ACORN (in fact, they pretty much FORCED banks to lend money to people who shouldn't be borrowing money).... And, you know what.... Just because banks OFFER to lend you money - does not mean you have to take it.

The whole fucking country is responsible for this mess. We spent more than we could afford - as individuals - and as a nation.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for being hoodwinked into blaming Bush.

Still doing it and someone is still making money on it. Guess who's STILL in control?

The Republicans weren't a powerful force in the congress of '03 any more than the Democrats were a powerful force in the last congress.

The power then is where it remains today... in the hands of the lobbyists and consultants who hold the re-election purse strings.

:eusa_think: Actually..... the power remains in the hands of those holding the leash of Americas lobbyists and consultants, be they be private or corporate, foreign or domestic.​

If the democrats had stuck with the party line before 2009 they could have passed anything without any trouble. Thats the difference between 2008 and 2003 The democrats had super majority and the republicans did not

President Bush was so concerned about WMD's in the hands of Saddam Hussein he invaded Iraq; if he was concerned about Freddie and Fannie why didn't he send out his team to all the Sunday News Shows to develop support for fiscal constraint and regulation. He sent all hands out to develop a case for war.

It seems to me the book and the tour is little more than an effort to save face, and put a postive spin on eight years of fucking up our economy and creating a mess in our foreign relations.

And who protected them? Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxine Waters, Franklin Raines, and the Fannie Mae lobbiest who is not Obama's national security advisor.

Well the LOBBYISTS certainly don't give a fuck if they have a D or an R tattooed to their butt! That's why they give to both parties with no discrimination as to ideology - they're paying for influence not ideology.

President Bush was so concerned about WMD's in the hands of Saddam Hussein he invaded Iraq; if he was concerned about Freddie and Fannie why didn't he send out his team to all the Sunday News Shows to develop support for fiscal constraint and regulation. He sent all hands out to develop a case for war.

It seems to me the book and the tour is little more than an effort to save face, and put a postive spin on eight years of fucking up our economy and creating a mess in our foreign relations.

Bush was not a show boater like obama Bush tried to reel in Freddy and Fanny but your democrats and a few rinois would not allow it. Thank you for fucking up America.

Forum List

Back