It's about time it was said.

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
During the limbaugh Bush interviewtoday Rush ask President Bush aboiut the car in the ditch
I will let President Bush speak for himself on this issue
PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, on this issue, I don't steer clear because I remind the reader that on the issue of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, I saw a problem, and went to Congress and said, "Look, this is a group of... These are enterprises that have got an implicit government guarantee and they're taking risky stances, and therefore we ought to regulate them. If they've got an implicit government guarantee there ought to be some sense of regulation and make sure they don't misuse that guarantee, and I make it clear in the book what happened, and that is that powerful forces in Congress resisted that reform. Whether those reforms had taken place in 2003 it's hard to predict whether or not this crisis would have occurred, but I'm comfortable in telling the reader and comfortable that history will judge that we tried to do something about it. You know, and eventually the truth wins out, and this book is an attempt to set the record straight from my perspective.

Time and time again I have said Freddy and fanny was the cause of the fanical crisis. Thank you George for telling it like it is.

During the limbaugh Bush interviewtoday Rush ask President Bush aboiut the car in the ditch
PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, on this issue, I don't steer clear because I remind the reader that on the issue of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, I saw a problem, and went to Congress and said, "Look, this is a group of... These are enterprises that have got an implicit government guarantee and they're taking risky stances, and therefore we ought to regulate them. If they've got an implicit government guarantee there ought to be some sense of regulation and make sure they don't misuse that guarantee, and I make it clear in the book what happened, and that is that powerful forces in Congress resisted that reform. Whether those reforms had taken place in 2003 it's hard to predict whether or not this crisis would have occurred, but I'm comfortable in telling the reader and comfortable that history will judge that we tried to do something about it. You know, and eventually the truth wins out, and this book is an attempt to set the record straight from my perspective.

Time and time again I have said Freddy and fanny was the cause of the fanical crisis. Thank you George for telling it like it is.

Powerful Forces in congress in 2003 were REPUBLICAN.

The powerful forces even though the republicans had a majority did not have enough to bust a threaten democratic fillabuster. Oh and 2003 wasn't the only time he said something he did it for all of his 8 years.

Last edited:
Bush will be remembered more like Harry Truman.
Obama will be remembered like Jimmy Carter. Unfavorably.

The powerful forces even though the republicans had a majority did not have enough to bust a threaten democratic fillabuster. Oh and 2003 wasn't the only time he said something he did it for all of his 8 years.

They didn't evey put up a fight. They damaged the brand, and Bush presided over that.

Seriously.

Exactly how did Freddie and Fannie get us into this financial mess? They back up loans brought to them by banks and of late, agents of financial companies.

This is no surprise to me. Bush was a lone voice over Fanny and Freddie... and much more. I don't credit Bush for much but, on this, he listened to the right people - Economists - who were warning about the state of the financial industry, ballooning personal debt through stupid lending policies and really stupid Americans borrowing more than they could afford. On Fanny and Freddie, both Republicans and Democrats fucked us over. A bipartisan effort. One of the very, very few who actually tried to do something BEFORE the shit hit the fan was George W Bush.

Seriously.

Exactly how did Freddie and Fannie get us into this financial mess? They back up loans brought to them by banks and of late, agents of financial companies.

When the government says it will back any loans made by Freddy or fanny and Freddy and fanny makes loans to people who cannot or will not repay the loan and when you have enough of those types of loans. PLEASE PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER.

They didn't evey put up a fight. They damaged the brand, and Bush presided over that.

Agreed I am not saying the repuyblicans aren't at fault but afterall Freddy and Fanny are democrats pet projects and the CRA which is another democratic thing did most of the damage.

Agreed I am not saying the repuyblicans aren't at fault but afterall Freddy and Fanny are democrats pet projects and the CRA which is another democratic thing did most of the damage.

I agree, but there needed to be some necessary (if painful) culling of the herd. That's been done.

Seriously.

Are you totally ignorant of how the process worked? Really?

This is no surprise to me. Bush was a lone voice over Fanny and Freddie... and much more. I don't credit Bush for much but, on this, he listened to the right people - Economists - who were warning about the state of the financial industry, ballooning personal debt through stupid lending policies and really stupid Americans borrowing more than they could afford. On Fanny and Freddie, both Republicans and Democrats fucked us over. A bipartisan effort. One of the very, very few who actually tried to do something BEFORE the shit hit the fan was George W Bush.

Which economists was he listening to, and when? If he was listening, then why did he add fuel to the credit crunch by individuals already in debt up to their eyeballs by encouraging them to buy homes they couldn't afford, and just to give them a shove in that direction, "Uncle Sam will make your downpayment!!" That happened in January 2004.

Seriously.

When the government says it will back any loans made by Freddy or fanny and Freddy and fanny makes loans to people who cannot or will not repay the loan and when you have enough of those types of loans. PLEASE PUT 2 AND 2 TOGETHER.

Fannie & Freddie stopped MAKING subprime loans in 2005.

Correction and clarification: In 2005 and 2006, private investment banks stopped using Fannie and Freddie for two-thirds of all the mortgages they initiated, preferring instead to package them into mortgage-backed securities.

Last edited:
Seriously.

Doesn't matter. The subprime market, whomever was running it, was artificially inflating values for ALL residential real estate, even though they only comprised a small percent of mortgages. If you have one more buyer in the market out of ten who doesn't care how much they pay for a house because they are putting nothing down, it starts a domino effect on the whole market. Every buyer must bid those prices to stay competitive.

When the subprime loans crashed, the whole market crashed with it.

and a rather Powerful Democrat Minority.

Be honest.

The Republicans weren't a powerful force in the congress of '03 any more than the Democrats were a powerful force in the last congress.

The power then is where it remains today... in the hands of the lobbyists and consultants who hold the re-election purse strings.

:eusa_think: Actually..... the power remains in the hands of those holding the leash of Americas lobbyists and consultants, be they be private or corporate, foreign or domestic.​

Doesn't matter. The subprime market, whomever was running it, was artificially inflating values for ALL residential real estate, even though they only comprised a small percent of mortgages. If you have one more buyer in the market out of ten who doesn't care how much they pay for a house because they are putting nothing down, it starts a domino effect on the whole market. Every buyer must bid those prices to stay competitive.

When the subprime loans crashed, the whole market crashed with it.

The impact of this was very dramatic. For the fi9rst and only time in our history, people who owned their primary residence topped 70%. This is really quite amazing.

However, all of those folks buying homes bid the prices up irrationally as the Bursting Bubble demonstrated.

Forum List

Back