"It's a Nightmare" - Obama to Inherit International Mess

"I had no idea it was this bad" Obama will say. "I'll have to postpone the tax cut for while too. Everybody must sacrifice" while he signs tax increase legislation.

It's amazing how absolutely not one republican on this board can respond to the actual context of the message. WE'RE IN THE BIGGEST INTERNATIONAL MESS THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN THANKS TO GEORGE W BUSH.

This has nothing to do with tax cuts, this has nothing to do with your smarky little responses of Obama being the messiah, this has nothing to do with Obama really, it has to do with the mess that Bush has left ALL OF US.

With a military stretched out far beyond capacity, it's terrible to think that only one small thing could set off a massive international crisis that we're not ready to deal with. If Israel decides to nuke Iran, if Iran decides to pre-emptively strike Israel, if Syria decides to respond to the incursions into its territories, if Russia decides to invade the Ukraine or Poland, if Taiwan declares independence... all it takes is one little thing and America is just not equipped to deal with it.

Well, you neo-cons got what you wanted.. a warhawk for a president. Hope you're happy.

Democrats are always having to clean up the mess that conservative Republitards create yet take the blame for everything, its nothing new.

They fought tooth and nail for the priviledge, They lied and cheated and stole votes to get it. Now stop whining about it and just do it.

Come on now, this is a lie, the media was more interested in sensationalising ever negative piece of "breaking news" about first Obama and then Palin. Obama focused mainly on the issues, McCain focused more a running a negative campaign to avert the obvious.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

It's amazing how absolutely not one republican on this board can respond to the actual context of the message. WE'RE IN THE BIGGEST INTERNATIONAL MESS THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER SEEN THANKS TO GEORGE W BUSH.

This has nothing to do with tax cuts, this has nothing to do with your smarky little responses of Obama being the messiah, this has nothing to do with Obama really, it has to do with the mess that Bush has left ALL OF US.

With a military stretched out far beyond capacity, it's terrible to think that only one small thing could set off a massive international crisis that we're not ready to deal with. If Israel decides to nuke Iran, if Iran decides to pre-emptively strike Israel, if Syria decides to respond to the incursions into its territories, if Russia decides to invade the Ukraine or Poland, if Taiwan declares independence... all it takes is one little thing and America is just not equipped to deal with it.

Well, you neo-cons got what you wanted.. a warhawk for a president. Hope you're happy.

You need to read up on principles of American government. There is a balance of powers, last time I checked.

You need to read up on principles of American government. There is a balance of powers, last time I checked.

The Democrats should indeed take responsibility for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as they voted for it, however, they did not control Bush's executive order allowing special ops to operate inside of Iran, Syria and Pakistan, Congress did not vote for Bush to place a missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic. Congress did not give the President authority to rule the military without proper permission from the United States Congress. And yes, I do want to follow the rules. I want to follow the rules setup in the United States Constitution that specifically says "Congress shall have the power to make war." The constitution does NOT say "The President shall have the power to make war."

I honestly think it will be an easy fix. I could point to 10 things that are messed up with our economy and fix them, provided the GOP doesn't stop me with filabusting.

Tariffs if trade isn't fair.

Take tax breaks for nothing away from the rich.

Fix NAFTA

End the war in Iraq and stop borrowing from China.

Give tax breaks to companies when they hire, don't give them breaks hoping they will.

Go take back any money Bush's buddies stole from the treasury while he was in office.

Nationalize the banks and oil companies.

End the Federal Reserve.

Cut defense spending in half.

Fire Blackwater.

The Democrats should indeed take responsibility for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as they voted for it, however, they did not control Bush's executive order allowing special ops to operate inside of Iran, Syria and Pakistan, Congress did not vote for Bush to place a missile defense system in Poland and the Czech Republic. Congress did not give the President authority to rule the military without proper permission from the United States Congress. And yes, I do want to follow the rules. I want to follow the rules setup in the United States Constitution that specifically says "Congress shall have the power to make war." The constitution does NOT say "The President shall have the power to make war."

There were Democratic majorities in the both houses. Are you saying they didn't exercise their Constitutional authorities? It's too early in the morning to read minds.

This entire neocon admin has been the greatest f*ckup in our handling of the war in Iraq. Remember when Gen.Shinseki said post war Iraq would demand several hundred thousand troops? What did the Wolfolwitz and Rumsfeld have to say? They said that figure is "off the mark" or "kind of hard to imagine" Yea great job assholes,, Next time take the advice of a real soldier,, Mission Accomplished 5 damn years ago,, These clowns are hopeless!!

There were Democratic majorities in the both houses. Are you saying they didn't exercise their Constitutional authorities?

There have only been Democratic majorities in both houses since 2007. I'm not sure what your point is here. Congress can't override executive orders.

*cough* BULLSHIT*cough*

This entire neocon admin has been the greatest f*ckup in our handling of the war in Iraq. Remember when Gen.Shinseki said post war Iraq would demand several hundred thousand troops? What did the Wolfolwitz and Rumsfeld have to say? They said that figure is "off the mark" or "kind of hard to imagine" Yea great job assholes,, Next time take the advice of a real soldier,, Mission Accomplished 5 damn years ago,, These clowns are hopeless!!
and he was wrong
because it hasnt

Last edited:
and he was wrong
because it hasnt

*cough* SURGE *cough*

We had close to 300,000 troops in Iraq at the peak of the surge. If we would've had 500,000 to begin with, perhaps we would have never gotten into this mess and could've quelled Iraqi violence from the start. Then again, there might be a lot more dead soliders...

I certainly hope that when Obama gets put into office, one of his top priorities is some kind of economic stimulus package for all Iraq and Afghanistan vets. Some kind of tax rebate of $2500 or something for them to spend on whatever they want. Didn't the government do something like that for WW2 vets?

This was an unpopular war, but the treatment these soldiers get should at the top of the list of our national priorities. We should do everything we can to thank those who put their necks on the line for us.

*cough* SURGE *cough*

We had close to 300,000 troops in Iraq at the peak of the surge. If we would've had 500,000 to begin with, perhaps we would have never gotten into this mess and could've quelled Iraqi violence from the start. Then again, there might be a lot more dead soliders...

I certainly hope that when Obama gets put into office, one of his top priorities is some kind of economic stimulus package for all Iraq and Afghanistan vets. Some kind of tax rebate of $2500 or something for them to spend on whatever they want. Didn't the government do something like that for WW2 vets?

This was an unpopular war, but the treatment these soldiers get should at the top of the list of our national priorities. We should do everything we can to thank those who put their necks on the line for us.
WHAT?????????????????

when did we ever have over 200K in Iraq?
i dont believe we ever exceeded 160k troops in Iraq

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_orbat.htm

i was right
you must be getting your info from liberal asshole sites

Last edited:
There have only been Democratic majorities in both houses since 2007. I'm not sure what your point is here. Congress can't override executive orders.

Yes, but they can impeach and prosecute a president who is abusing his constitutional authority. My point is that if he were truly subverting the constitution, there are clear options for Congress.

now that would be interesting to see a congress that is itself subverting the constitution, prosecuting a siting POTUS for doing the same thing

:lol:

never happen

Last edited:
*cough* SURGE *cough*

anybody with half a brain realizes we didn't have enough to quell the situation in Iraq. Instead wide spread looting and rioting went on with the majority of the Iraqi army joining the insurgent forces. Even the republicans realize the situation in Iraq was mishandled, Gen.Shinseki was ignored by two neocon war mongers who had no clue how to dampen the situation.

anybody with half a brain realizes we didn't have enough to quell the situation in Iraq. Instead wide spread looting and rioting went on with the majority of the Iraqi army joining the insurgent forces. Even the republicans realize the situation in Iraq was mishandled, Gen.Shinseki was ignored by two neocon war mongers who had no clue how to dampen the situation.

What makes anyone so sure that the war didn't end up exactly as planned ?

Forum List

Back