It's a False Doctrine That People Go To Heaven Immediately After Death

The spiritually minded can also be and act as carnally as anyone else

Then they are not acting in the Spirit, are they? Spiritual maturity is not something you can just lay claim to - it's something you grow into by God's grace. David making a bonehead decision is one thing, people who can't and don't know the difference is another.

Last edited:
In Judaism there seems to be two different 'afterlifes.' There's heaven, and there's the world to come (period following the Messiah's arrival.) The story "Mother and Nest" mentions heaven and a rabbi being returned to life from it. Then there's the much anticipated world to come following the Messiah's reign on earth.

So it could be that confusion over where we end up when we die comes from these two concepts.

The spiritually minded can also be and act as carnally as anyone else

Then they are not acting in the Spirit, are they? Spiritual maturity is not something you can just lay claim to - it's something you grow into by God's grace. David making a bonehead decision is one thing, people who can't and don't know the difference is another.

That's right. Yet, you can be a spiritually well developed person in the mind, bent in that direction, and still not act in the Spirit. When one is not acting in the Spirit, it does not mean that they aren't spiritually minded. It just means they are not in the Holy Spirit at that time.

David didn't commit one boneheaded act. He committed lots of them.
Pride, aggression, lying...... He didn't always act in the Spirit, but He was spiritually minded from the womb. Yet, the older he got, and the more spiritually minded he grew, the more egregious his actions of the flesh and heart became. It is a battle of wills even the most faithful wage.

My only point is that observing the actions of someone may not be a good indicator of their spiritually minded level. Spirit minded means, in that direction not, all the time.

As for self examination, this works:
Say this in your mind next time, "If I let the Holy Spirit handle this situation the result will be:
love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control,
as opposed to my usual way, get mad, say something nasty, feel my blood pressure rise, clench my fists, raise my voice, lose a grip."

Just tell your group the first way is the easiest way to handle any situation. Tell them to start including Thy will, not my will in their prayers.
Then go fishin. :)

Last edited:
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..

All Scripture is God-breathed means all Scripture is inspired by God (technically its expiration, God breathing out).

What it is saying is that Scripture has God as its primary cause. It doesn't mean that everything in the Bible is literally God's words. A lot of it is man's words, man recording his thoughts about God and his experiences with God. This is why the Bible says that the Holy Spirit's guidance is essential to understand the Bible.

All can see the words of the Bible and read the Bible, but many who see the words can't see the Logos.

"Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Last edited:
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness..

All Scripture is God-breathed means all Scripture is inspired by God (technically its expiration, God breathing out).

What it is saying is that Scripture has God as its primary cause. It doesn't mean that everything in the Bible is literally God's words. A lot of it is man's words, man recording his thoughts about God and his experiences with God. This is why the Bible says that the Holy Spirit's guidance is essential to understand the Bible.

All can see the words of the Bible and read the Bible, but many who see the words can't see the Logos.

"Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

No. No. No.

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

What was the Apostle's doctrine? It was the same words and teaching from the Lord Jesus which was written down in the form of the New Testament and distributed through the churches as letters; Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 Timothy 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer [is] worthy of his reward. Paul links scripture with Deuteronomy 25:4 and Luke 10:7 because "...men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost." That makes the Old and New Testament scripture.

The Church is built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. If you have a problem with their writings then you have a problem with the apostles and Jesus.

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone];

2 Timothy 3:16 says in the Greek "all writings God breathed".

Last edited:

No. No. No.

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

What was the Apostle's doctrine? It was the same words and teaching from the Lord Jesus which was written down in the form of the New Testament and distributed through the churches as letters; Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 Timothy 5:18 For the scripture saith, Thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn. And, The labourer [is] worthy of his reward. Paul links scripture with Deuteronomy 25:4 and Luke 10:7 because "...men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost." That makes the Old and New Testament scripture.

The Church is built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ being the chief cornerstone. If you have a problem with their writings then you have a problem with the apostles and Jesus.

Ephesians 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone];

2 Timothy 3:16 says in the Greek "all writings God breathed".

So I've been studying a long time and few people online can tell me what inspiration of the scriptures is. Some of the online articles touch on things but a bunch of them aren't good enough in my opinion.

Jesus says that not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law. What is a jot or tittle? It is the crossing of a "t" or the jotting of an "I".

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

So what do we do with Galatians 3:16? Inspiration goes down to the jot and tittle. Inspiration goes down to whether a word is singular or plural.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Inspiration comes down to whether a word is singular or plural. In other words, every jot or tittle is inspired.

You can't get this information from a lot of online Christians unless they have studied. And I basically have few Christians that stand behind me and have my back not to bully people but to stand up for the truth by giving people the truth. The reason is that when you start down the road arguing, it never stops because people can always make up garbage arguments why not to believe and the reason truth is not taught is because there are few people willing to listen to truth so you have to find willing people to waste their time like me to teach people not interested in truth in telling people about truth.

This is just more free information.

Galatians 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Galatians 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

So I've been studying a long time and few people online can tell me what inspiration of the scriptures is. Some of the online articles touch on things but a bunch of them aren't good enough in my opinion.

Jesus says that not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law. What is a jot or tittle? It is the crossing of a "t" or the jotting of an "I".

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled..

As Jesus clearly taught, the law, all of it, will remain in effect and in full force for as long as heaven and earth endure.

Jesus freed believers from the burden of the law which is the death consequent for failure to comply by revealing that the words used in the law are figurative in nature and the subjects hidden opening the door to the only right way to understand and follow the law that leads to the fulfillment of the promise of eternal life that had been lost to time ever since the death of Moses.

What became obsolete after the revelation of Jesus was the thousand year tradition of a compulsory observance of a literal interpretation and application of Mosaic law under penalty of physical death.

Followers of Jesus are not bound to follow a literal interpretation of the law but are bound by the command of Jesus to follow the law according to the sublime teaching conveyed in the command to 'eat my flesh and drink my blood.'

Unless you eat his flesh, accept this teaching from God that the words used are figurative and the subjects hidden, and drink his blood, conform to the law accordingly, you cannot have the life promised for obedience to the Law in you.

This is the only way to resolve the contradiction between Jesus claiming to follow the Law, "I always do exactly as God commands", and the Pharisees accusation that Jesus was in fact a sinner because he did not observe the law at all according to their traditional literal interpretation and application of it, " we know this man is a sinner, he keeps company with prostitutes".

Last edited:
Faith.

I'm not a sir, madame.

How do you know what happens when you die? You base it on a book? On faith? On ... the hokey pokey?
What is your faith based on ma'am?

Your feelings?

My faith is based on Scripture, aka God's Word, aka The Bible.

Faith based on a work of fiction.

ALMIGHTY GOD has words for you====The fool has said in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and have done abominable iniquity psalm 53:1

Forum List

Back