It's a False Doctrine That People Go To Heaven Immediately After Death

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Or hell for that matter.

You guys do realize that don't you?

I'm here watching the service live and it's just one false doctrine after the other.

Christiandom as it's today is in a state of confusion.

Or hell for that matter.

I'm here watching the service live and it's just one false doctrine after the other.

Who told you that, Obama?
Stop being silly.

Scripture states that His reward is with Him when he comes again.

What does that tell you?

Furthermore, Scripture states that the living know they will die, but the dead know nothing.

From the dust we came and from the dust we will return.

We don't get a prize immediately after death and become "angels" looking down on earth. Or looking up from hell while we burn.

It doesn't work like that. That is a false doctrine perpetuated by Satan and the Roman Catholic Church, who even went as far as invented a place called "purgatory."
(No offence to Roman Catholics on here)

If it does, please provide me the Scripture that backs that up.

I can provide the Scripture to back up what I'm saying.

Last edited:
Or hell for that matter.

And you know this how? For some religion is a comfort, as is belief in heaven. Who the hell do you think you are to take that away from them? Maybe you oughta just STFU.

Or hell for that matter.

And you know this how? For some religion is a comfort, as is belief in heaven. Who the hell do you think you are to take that away from them? Maybe you oughta just STFU.

My friend, The Gospel isn't about feelings, as in what individuals feel about certain issues.

It's about The Truth.

It's very comforting for humans to believe that their loved ones aren't really dead, but looking down on them in heaven, that doesn't make it true.

I believe in Thus Said The Lord, and The Lord didn't say we get an instant trip to Heaven upon death.

Your question is baseless Zoom-Boing, it's radical.

Of course I haven't died.

What you are communicating to me when you ask me such an asinine question is that you really do not care WHAT Scripture says, you simply care about pushing what you already believe based on who knows what.

Who or what is the final authority on the matter? What you say/believe? What I say/believe? Or what Scripture/God says?

I've answered your question.

Or hell for that matter.

My friend, The Gospel isn't about feelings, as in what individuals feel about certain issues.

It's about The Truth.

It's very comforting for humans to believe that their loved ones aren't really dead, but looking down on them in heaven, that doesn't make it true.

Doesn't make it not true either.

I believe in Thus Said The Lord, and The Lord didn't say we get an instant trip to Heaven upon death.

Sorta left that impression though, no?

First of all, what the bible says may or may not really be the complete truth. It says a lot of contradictory things, one can accept parts of it or none of it and still believe in God or in Christianity.

Here's the deal, you can believe whatever you want, fine by me. But stomping on somebody's else's beliefs, I kinda have a problem with that. Marginalizing someone else for having a different viewpoint, that ain't cool in my book. I tend to lose a lot of respect for those who do that.

What you are communicating to me when you ask me such an asinine question is that you really do not care WHAT Scripture says, you simply care about pushing what you already believe based on who knows what.

Who or what is the final authority on the matter? What you say/believe? What I say/believe? Or what Scripture/God says?

Not that question, the other one.

How do you know what happens when you die?

I'd like to know that myself.

Oh, well I base it on Scripture.

The Bible tells us what happens, which is we return to the dust.

I already stated the Scripture about the dead knowing nothing. To be specific, this is the text I was referring to. Ecclesiastes - Everything Is Meaningless - The words - Bible Gateway It tells us exactly what happens when we die.

Please refer me to where you are getting your understanding of the state of the dead from.

I already stated the Scripture about the dead knowing nothing. To be specific, this is the text I was referring to. Ecclesiastes - Everything Is Meaningless - The words - Bible Gateway It tells us exactly what happens when we die.

Please refer me to where you are getting your understanding of the state of the dead from.

How do you know this is what really happens though?

It's about The Truth.

Doesn't make it not true either.

Sorta left that impression though, no?

First of all, what the bible says may or may not really be the complete truth. It says a lot of contradictory things, one can accept parts of it or none of it and still believe in God or in Christianity.

Here's the deal, you can believe whatever you want, fine by me. But stomping on somebody's else's beliefs, I kinda have a problem with that. Marginalizing someone else for having a different viewpoint, that ain't cool in my book. I tend to lose a lot of respect for those who do that.
Wiseacre I don't know if you're a Christian or not, but what you think is contradictary is really not

Here's the deal, you cannot believe whatever you want and be right, certainly not everyone at the same time. There's only one Truth. Me? I believe that one Truth is Scripture. I'm not marginilzing anyone's beliefs, I'm simply stating it's wrong, when and if it's wrong. And I'm willing and able to show you how from Scripture if necessary. Most are innocently wrong on many things...it's just the nature of it.

You adding that bit about losing respect is neither here nor there by the way, so I'm not sure why that part was necessary to this debate.

How do you know this is what really happens though?
OK, this question let's me know that you don't really take the Bible as God's word and/or the Final Authority on all matters. Otherwise this wouldn't be a question.

That being the case, we really don't have a base point to debate on, because we have different standards or differing final authorities.

Again, my final authority on all matters is The Bible, what is yours?

Last edited:
Or hell for that matter.

Who told you that, Obama?
Stop being silly.

Scripture states that His reward is with Him when he comes again.

What does that tell you?

Furthermore, Scripture states that the living know they will die, but the dead know nothing.

From the dust we came and from the dust we will return.

We don't get a prize immediately after death and become "angels" looking down on earth. Or looking up from hell while we burn.

It doesn't work like that. That is a false doctrine perpetuated by Satan and the Roman Catholic Church, who even went as far as invented a place called "purgatory."
(No offence to Roman Catholics on here)

If it does, please provide me the Scripture that backs that up.

I can provide the Scripture to back up what I'm saying.

I believe that God has called the children home. You and I may have a longer wait.

Matthew 19:13-14
Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Forum List

Back