It's a fact: climate change made Hurricane Harvey more deadly

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you knew it was only a matter of time
Doesn't matter anymore. We could have 10 Harvey's per year/per month and trumpanzees would still believe whatever the orange cheeto told them to believe.

The left's climate change predictions have failed to materialize, FACT! If I had time I'd mock the left for first predicting an ice age, then predicting the ozone hole was going to kill us all, well mocking is implied isn't it. :laugh:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you knew it was only a matter of time
Doesn't matter anymore. We could have 10 Harvey's per year/per month and trumpanzees would still believe whatever the orange cheeto told them to believe.

Well dumbass we're not having ten Harvey's a year, in fact there are nowhere near the hurricanes the scamsters said there would be

Liberals will conjure up any excuse to raise taxes, climate change = tax increases.
Meanwhile, you dingbat dupes don't believe in obvious MMGW or that the richest don't pay enough, causing slow ruin of the middle class and the country for 35 years now...Taxes on the nonrich have gone up more under the GOP- they cut fed taxes but state and local taxes go up to make up for that, and they kill the nonrich.

The rich already pay half the Federal income taxes, how much more do you think they should pay? I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear you libs finally pick a number. How much would be enough for you people to stop whining about it?
Yes. I know you dupes can't get past that brainwash. Payroll taxes are just as much as Fed income taxes. Who pays those?
Liberals will conjure up any excuse to raise taxes, climate change = tax increases.
Meanwhile, you dingbat dupes don't believe in obvious MMGW or that the richest don't pay enough, causing slow ruin of the middle class and the country for 35 years now...Taxes on the nonrich have gone up more under the GOP- they cut fed taxes but state and local taxes go up to make up for that, and they kill the nonrich.

The rich already pay half the Federal income taxes, how much more do you think they should pay? I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear you libs finally pick a number. How much would be enough for you people to stop whining about it?
The answer they always give is "more."
ACTUALLY, Dems have been saying NO MORE on the nonrich for years, just on the bloated rich, dupe.

Yes. I know you dupes can't get past that brainwash. Payroll taxes are just as much as Fed income taxes. Who pays those?

ACTUALLY, Dems have been saying NO MORE on the nonrich for years, just on the bloated rich, dupe.

We are still waiting for a number, how much is a fair share to confiscate from the rich? I say you don't have the stones to answer and so far that's the way it looks.

Because its just something the left use to foment division and hatred. Isolate and demonize the 'rich', same tactic the Nazi party used against Jews.
BS. Just the greedy idiot lying GOP rich, dupe. The Dem rich want to raise taxes on themselves and them and finally invest in America again...

You're babbling about taxes because what you KNOW about GW theory and debate could fit on a fortune cookie paper. You're the kind of person that Mann has taken advantage of for years. He DEPENDS on you being POLITICALLY motivated and science stupid...

Mann is an idiot and has proven it numerous times.

Mann is a decline hiding Nature trick fraud

treemometer_mann.jpg

"See, right there under my pinkie is proof that global warming made Hurricane Harvey. Just ask Matty"

I could have some fun with that guy in my yard right now.

I know when the tree was planted, how old it is, and everything.

Mann is an idiot and has proven it numerous times.

Mann is a decline hiding Nature trick fraud

treemometer_mann.jpg

"See, right there under my pinkie is proof that global warming made Hurricane Harvey. Just ask Matty"

I could have some fun with that guy in my yard right now.

I know when the tree was planted, how old it is, and everything.
What guy?

Michael Mann. You too, for that matter, dupa-lupa. Hold you down, make you wear deoderant. :eek:

After the Katrina season it was game over, 15 major hurricanes per year coming up, and instead we have had one of the least active decade plus until Harvey hit

Here's the first cult member to blame Harvey on global warming. I knew it wouldn't take long. It's difficult to exaggerate how stupid these people are:

We can’t say that Hurricane Harvey was caused by climate change. But it was certainly worsened by it.

What can we say about the role of climate change in the unprecedented disaster that is unfolding in Houston with Hurricane Harvey? There are certain climate change-related factors that we can, with great confidence, say worsened the flooding.

Sea level rise attributable to climate change – some of which is due to coastal subsidence caused by human disturbance such as oil drilling – is more than half a foot over the past few decades. That means the storm surge was half a foot higher than it would have been just decades ago, meaning far more flooding and destruction.

Harvey was almost certainly more intense than it would have been in the absence of human-caused warming, which means stronger winds, more wind damage and a larger storm surge.

The stalling is due to very weak prevailing winds, which are failing to steer the storm off to sea, allowing it to spin around and wobble back and forth. This pattern of subtropical expansion is predicted in model simulations of human-caused climate change.

In conclusion, while we cannot say climate change “caused” Hurricane Harvey, we can say is that it exacerbated several characteristics of the storm in a way that greatly increased the risk of damage and loss of life. Climate change worsened the impact of Hurricane Harvey.
Patty, just because you aren't smart enough to comprehend the article, it doesn't mean it didn't make sense to anyone wirh an adequate IQ lol

Here's the first cult member to blame Harvey on global warming. I knew it wouldn't take long. It's difficult to exaggerate how stupid these people are:

We can’t say that Hurricane Harvey was caused by climate change. But it was certainly worsened by it.

What can we say about the role of climate change in the unprecedented disaster that is unfolding in Houston with Hurricane Harvey? There are certain climate change-related factors that we can, with great confidence, say worsened the flooding.

Sea level rise attributable to climate change – some of which is due to coastal subsidence caused by human disturbance such as oil drilling – is more than half a foot over the past few decades. That means the storm surge was half a foot higher than it would have been just decades ago, meaning far more flooding and destruction.

Harvey was almost certainly more intense than it would have been in the absence of human-caused warming, which means stronger winds, more wind damage and a larger storm surge.

The stalling is due to very weak prevailing winds, which are failing to steer the storm off to sea, allowing it to spin around and wobble back and forth. This pattern of subtropical expansion is predicted in model simulations of human-caused climate change.

In conclusion, while we cannot say climate change “caused” Hurricane Harvey, we can say is that it exacerbated several characteristics of the storm in a way that greatly increased the risk of damage and loss of life. Climate change worsened the impact of Hurricane Harvey.
Patty, just because you aren't smart enough to comprehend the article, it doesn't mean it didn't make sense to anyone wirh an adequate IQ lol
I know it made sense to all the brainwashed drones. That's how we identify people like you.

Article chock full of facts...check
Article chock full of science and data...check.

Any hysterical rantings? Nope.
Was the article written by a paid Russian troll? Nope.
Was the article based on easily debunked, baseless claims? Nope.

No wonder every single conservatard on this site chimed in to offer their little "opinions."

Actually Mann has a habit of running to the press with what amounts to SPIN -- not science. He's got no scientific treatment of his assertions. PLENTY of hurricanes have formed in the Gulf in waters that are 1deg warmer from global warming AND DID NOT intensify. In fact, THIS one only intensified less than 16 hours from landfall after traversing much of the Gulf.

The crap about "static" weather conditions is ALSO not fully developed science. Aint the 1st time a hurricane was "blocked" from traveling or took an erratic course.

I think MAYBE you need to realize that the fear and the hype that these activist mouthpieces tried to sell in the 80s ---- It's ALL been revised downward. Because CO2 is NOT the master thermostat of the climate system. All the projections from 80s alarmism have failed miserably. The more exaggerated theories of GW --- like "trigger of no return" temperatures, positive feedbacks, runaway warming ---- have not manifested in the 30 years or been detected since they were puked out by a very YOUNG immature branch of science.

GW is real. But it is NOWHERE near a crisis to panic the herd over. And by the time we attempted the reverse the 0.6degC change in your lifetime -- our energy innovations would have all changed anyways.

First, Mann's graph has been confirmed by more than dozen independent studies, different people, using different proxies from different places. The United States Academy of Science did a study on it's own, as some of the members did not like the way Mann used the statistical tools. And came up with essentially the same graph. Second, as a scientists, Mann is bound by the ethics that all scientists are, and no one has ever shown that he violated those ethics.

Second, as a citizen, Mann is entirely free to state what he thinks national policy should be in regards to the warming that we are all seeing from the GHGs that we have put into the atmosphere. That the willfully ignorant and purposely stupid don't like that is hardly a consideration for anyone with above room temperature IQ. And if you "Conservatives" think that I am speaking contemptuously of you, you are correct.

Forum List

Back