'It's A Big One': Iowa Pipeline Leaks Nearly 140,000 Gallons Of Diesel

I am curious! Do you walk?
I am curious, do you drink water???
I do both. I drive a car and I drink water. Do you walk?
And which one is vital to all life on Earth...water or driving???..I'll wait, you may need some time.

There are thousands of miles of pipeline across the Ogalala. But if you really want to give your head a shake did you realize that currently the crude is being shipped by rail to the Mississippi and loaded on to barges.

You care about water, then think about an accident on the Mississippi. The crude will be shipped one way or another.

Pick your poison.

This is what happens when corporations can do as they wish

09cnd-pollutespan-articleLarge.jpg

1479472396441.jpg

They will never get it. No matter how many facts, evidence, photos or videos you show these right wing nuts. They only care about making money or worshipping the people who make money.

Oh piss right off with that bullshit. I've been a conservationist for forever, very right wing and extremely up to speed on water conservation because I've been doing my shit for the planet since the 70's and Grassy Narrows.

Fuck off with the blanket crap.

So are the companies not supposed to periodically inspect for electrolysis and erosion on their pipelines?
LOL Over half the pipes in the ground are running at reduced pressures because they are so badly corroded. Until they create a catastrophe, they are not replaced.

Aging pipelines could lead to more spills, explosions

Colonial Pipeline incidents

On Monday, a section of the Colonial Pipeline in Shelby County exploded, killing one and injuring five others.

Less than two months ago, a major leak that spilled over 250,000 gallons of gasoline was discovered on the same pipeline.

Both incidents happened on a section of the pipeline that is over 50 years old. And as the rest of the U.S. pipeline infrastructure ages, similar disasters could become more frequent.

And then we have this;
List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia

Well then do you want all the crude on rail going thru cities? Or on barges on major waterways?

To put that in perspective, it's 3100 barrels of oil. Not exactly a "big one" I've cleaned up big ones, they run into the tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of barrels. Those are bad. This is truly nothing big.

Your math is a bit off. It's 3333 barrels of oil. There are 42 gallons in a barrel.

Yeah, I was estimating and didn't bother to break out the calculator.

Let's get down to the nitty gritty here of Obama's asshole administration. The XL was completely a political dog and pony show.

While Darryl Hannah was running around like an asshole protesting with Niel Young and a lineup of Rent a Chiefs, the Keystone pipeline from Cushing to the Gulf was completed. Obama's administration decided to put thru the Alberta Clipper. Not a peep.

Trans Canada had repeatedly passed all other environmental requirements for all the other legs of the Keystone with the exception of the XL which is just a small part of the pipeline that would have picked up US crude in the Bakkens.

Why did Obama not pass XL? Real simple. $$$$$$$$$$ from enviro whackos like Steyer who poured 80 million buckolas into the 2014 mid terms alone.

Not because he gave a rats shit about the environment. Always follow the money.

I would suggest that everyone read this - The Trans-Alaska Pipeline: Lessons for the Keystone XL Pipeline Debate

These arguments are the same shit that was brought up in the 70s regarding the Alaska pipeline (which I'll remind you has /way/ more challenges due to extreme weather changes (regularly sees 100 degree shits in temps), perma-frost, frost heave, and cuts right through the habitats of nearly every wildlife species in Alaska (from Caribou to sea otters heh)

You greenies somehow never seem to get that oil companies don't want fucking leaks, it's literally money out of their pockets so they put a lot of money into detection and stopping such things - and thanks to computers that can monitor pipe pressures and flow rates 24/7 these days, the entire pipe can be shut down on a moments notice (in fact, tech has gone so far up here that they actually know almost immediately /where/ it's leaking at and can respond to that area to stop it and clean it up really quickly (transportation being a major issue up here since this is wild country, in the lower 48, I bet they could get to any leak within less than an hour.) And do keep in mind that the pipeline up here was built with mid 70s tech and doesn't have any of today's advancements like self sealing polymer coatings, automatic switching (which could shut down any leaking section automatically,) etc. We've come so far technology wise since then, and /all/ of it benefits the oil companies so they're generally keen to implement it without regulatory demands.

The big companies are especially keen for putting this stuff in, though admittedly the smaller ones struggle a bit more due to costs and having to operate on the back side of the big three who have been lavished upon by our government for generations. (Don't even get me started on the back door deals between Alaska and the big three or the Feds and the big three through the years. I tell ya, politicians are business idiots; us business folk know exactly where we need to put down thumbscrews on these companies so we could avoid half the bullshit these bastards get away with - I hope Trump gets on their, both oil companies and corrupt moron politicians, asses about some of the "back scratching" that's been going on.)

No need to worry, when the EPA is gutted, we won't have to hear such bad news by the billionaire cabinet.
It will revert to its stated purpose to protect our air and water, not to be a political arm of the Democrat Party's Leftist agenda to destroy capitalism and America,

Last edited:
I just don't fucking understand how right wingers do not get why we need strict environmental laws. Do they not need clean air, water and land?
So I guess then you are all in support of also keeping the EPA personnel accountable for their environmental mishaps as well?

So are the companies not supposed to periodically inspect for electrolysis and erosion on their pipelines?
LOL Over half the pipes in the ground are running at reduced pressures because they are so badly corroded. Until they create a catastrophe, they are not replaced.

Aging pipelines could lead to more spills, explosions

Colonial Pipeline incidents

On Monday, a section of the Colonial Pipeline in Shelby County exploded, killing one and injuring five others.

Less than two months ago, a major leak that spilled over 250,000 gallons of gasoline was discovered on the same pipeline.

Both incidents happened on a section of the pipeline that is over 50 years old. And as the rest of the U.S. pipeline infrastructure ages, similar disasters could become more frequent.
Then let's allow the tens of thousands of Soros owned tanker railcars to move the oil.
Should be no problem right?

Nearly 140,000 Gallons Of Diesel

about the same as 4 tankers on a train derailment

you fret as much over that

alma-train-derailment2.jpeg

No one was injured in the incident which involved the derailment of at least 18 rail cars, some of which were carrying methanol, a CN spokesman said. Patrick Waldron, U.S. public affairs manager for CN, told CBC News the derailment happened at about 9 a.m. local time Friday.

At least eight cars have spilled but there is no fire, Waldron said.

CN Rail train carrying oil derails, spills in Mississippi

Forum List

Back