It will be Republican Chuck Hagel 4 Defense Secretary: Whoo Hoo! Fight is on.

I don't see a "war" with Iran coming. I could be wrong though.

SOMETHING is coming. We took care of Libya and we're working on Syria. The only rogue oil nation left is Iran. It's the last piece of the puzzle.

It may not be a conventional operation, but we're going to do something.

Libya is controlled by Al Quaeda affiliated terrorists. If Assad falls so will Syria. So is Egypt for that matter. obama has been on Al Quaeda's side since the very beginning.

link?

Just read a bio of Hagel.

He is indeed a Viet Nam vet. He served his country well and earned two purple hearts.

He's also a businessman. Wonder if that fuck in the WH will ask him how to get the economy up and running??

He doesn't think much of Bush so I'm guessing the WH fuck likes that as well. He and the fuck should get on quite well.

Not quite sure what to make of the man but there are worse choices out there.

Following liberal line of thinking, Bradley Manning deserves a cabinet position.

Watch the GOP eat it's own over this one. And the US Senate will see the GOP ranks split over this.

:eusa_clap:

politics aside, Hagel is as qualified as any other potential nominee. :cool:

Fight looms over Defense pick Chuck Hagel

Chuck Hagel, if approved by the Senate, would succeed Leon Panetta.

Obama will announce the choice Monday
Hagel was a Republican senator from Nebraska
He is likely to face stiff opposition from Republicans and Democrats in the Senate

WASHINGTON -- President Obama plans on Monday to nominate Chuck Hagel, the former Republican senator from Nebraska and Vietnam War veteran, to lead the Pentagon as Defense secretary, according to two sources familiar with the nomination process.

Hagel, 66, served two terms in the Senate from 1997 to 2009, and led an Army infantry squad in Vietnam in 1968. He was wounded in action there and received two Purple Hearts. An administration source confirmed that Hagel's nomination would be announced Monday. Both sources spoke on condition of anonymity because it had not been officially announced.

Now it looks like Dante was correct yet again.

WASHINGTON — Fifteen Republican senators called on President Obama on Thursday to withdraw his nomination of Chuck Hagel to be secretary of Defense, saying he is "not the right candidate" to lead the Pentagon.

Separately, Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., indicated he would support Hagel, a former GOP senator from Nebraska.

The letter comes as the Democrat-controlled Senate prepares to give the embattled Hagel an up-or-down vote next week. The letter does not include the signatures of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., a fierce Hagel critic, or Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H. 15 GOP senators ask Obama to drop Hagel nomination

Harsh critics not signing the letter? The GOP is lost.

Can anything stop Chuck Hagel now?

Watch the GOP eat it's own over this one. And the US Senate will see the GOP ranks split over this.

Fight looms over Defense pick Chuck Hagel

Chuck Hagel, if approved by the Senate, would succeed Leon Panetta.

Obama will announce the choice Monday
Hagel was a Republican senator from Nebraska
He is likely to face stiff opposition from Republicans and Democrats in the Senate

WASHINGTON -- President Obama plans on Monday to nominate Chuck Hagel, the former Republican senator from Nebraska and Vietnam War veteran, to lead the Pentagon as Defense secretary, according to two sources familiar with the nomination process.

Hagel, 66, served two terms in the Senate from 1997 to 2009, and led an Army infantry squad in Vietnam in 1968. He was wounded in action there and received two Purple Hearts. An administration source confirmed that Hagel's nomination would be announced Monday. Both sources spoke on condition of anonymity because it had not been officially announced.

WASHINGTON — Fifteen Republican senators called on President Obama on Thursday to withdraw his nomination of Chuck Hagel to be secretary of Defense, saying he is "not the right candidate" to lead the Pentagon.

Separately, Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., indicated he would support Hagel, a former GOP senator from Nebraska.

The letter comes as the Democrat-controlled Senate prepares to give the embattled Hagel an up-or-down vote next week. The letter does not include the signatures of Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., a fierce Hagel critic, or Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H. 15 GOP senators ask Obama to drop Hagel nomination

Correct? Dang clairvoyant. That post of yours was the first reply on this thread. Posted 01-06-2013, 03:29 PM. You got tarot cards or what?

Among other things, but especially since 2011, the right wing here @ USMB and all over the web has been wrong on Obamacare being constitutional, tax hikes by the GOP, 2012 Presidential election, Kerry nomination, and now the Hagel nomination

Correct? Dang clairvoyant. That post of yours was the first reply on this thread. Posted 01-06-2013, 03:29 PM. You got tarot cards or what?

common sense liberalism will do things to people
:eek:

Here's the problem.

The usual suspects really didn't want this fight. The Zionist Lobby wasn't happy with Hagel's nomination, but the last thing they wanted to underscore is that Israel gets 3 billion in corporate welfare when Americans are being threatened with sequesters and cutting Granny's social security check.

But the National Review and the Anti-Obama crowd insisted on this fight, and made a lot of silly accusations. (Turns out there was no "Friends of Hamas" that Hagel supposedly spoke to.)

Here's the problem.

The usual suspects really didn't want this fight. The Zionist Lobby wasn't happy with Hagel's nomination, but the last thing they wanted to underscore is that Israel gets 3 billion in corporate welfare when Americans are being threatened with sequesters and cutting Granny's social security check.

But the National Review and the Anti-Obama crowd insisted on this fight, and made a lot of silly accusations. (Turns out there was no "Friends of Hamas" that Hagel supposedly spoke to.)

I like the Zionist lobby and I like Hagel and I am not alone. Many of the people who supported Obama's reelection support the Zionist lobby. figure that one out

Israel does not get 'corporate welfare'

Here's the problem.

I like the Zionist lobby and I like Hagel and I am not alone. Many of the people who supported Obama's reelection support the Zionist lobby. figure that one out

They get 3 billion dollars a year of our hard earned tax dollars to buy expensive military toys from American companies. If that isn't corproate welfare, I don't know what is.

No foreign country has the undue influence on our politics Israel has, and no foreign country should.

Do you think we'd be talking about Hagel's nomination at all if the UK or Japan objected to him?

Here's the problem.

They get 3 billion dollars a year of our hard earned tax dollars to buy expensive military toys from American companies. If that isn't corproate welfare, I don't know what is.

No foreign country has the undue influence on our politics Israel has, and no foreign country should.

Do you think we'd be talking about Hagel's nomination at all if the UK or Japan objected to him?

If a Republican nominated him he'd be destroyed by gay rights groups and liberal Jewish groups neither say anything against Hagel now...Get your head straight Jew hater

Here's the problem.

They get 3 billion dollars a year of our hard earned tax dollars to buy expensive military toys from American companies. If that isn't corproate welfare, I don't know what is. No foreign country has the undue influence on our politics Israel has, and no foreign country should. Do you think we'd be talking about Hagel's nomination at all if the UK or Japan objected to him?

Are some tax dollars not hard earned and if so would you rather those go to Israel?

Would you prefer Israel use American tax dollars to buy weapons from France, England, or Russia, or China?

I don't believe Israel's influence on our politics is 'undue' or unusual. It is just strong. If a nation complained about a nomination to head the defense Dept., I am unaware of it. And if a nomination had a UK lobby or a Japan lobby upset we would all be talking about it, but we don't have people who are rabid in opposition to the UK and Japan as we do Israel.

If a Republican nominated him he'd be destroyed by gay rights groups and liberal Jewish groups neither say anything against Hagel now...Get your head straight Jew hater

Destroyed? :eek: Bullshit hyperbole. Hagel was criticized by supporters of Obama. Imagine that. :eusa_whistle:

Are some tax dollars not hard earned and if so would you rather those go to Israel?

Would you prefer Israel use American tax dollars to buy weapons from France, England, or Russia, or China?

I don't believe Israel's influence on our politics is 'undue' or unusual. It is just strong. If a nation complained about a nomination to head the defense Dept., I am unaware of it. And if a nomination had a UK lobby or a Japan lobby upset we would all be talking about it, but we don't have people who are rabid in opposition to the UK and Japan as we do Israel.

I think that's because Japan and the UK recognize there are boundries.

Israel doesn't.

The Zionist Lobby thinks that Israel's interests should be put before America's. That's the problem.

[

Pointing out the Zionist's bad behavior isn't hating them.

Kind of like when a five year old screams, "Why do you hate me?" when you make him stand in a corner after scribbling with crayons on the wall.

The fact is, Hagel is a fine choice for the job, and only because the Zionists have our politicians' testicles in a vice did this travesty go on as long as it did.

I think that's because Japan and the UK recognize there are boundries.

Israel doesn't.

The Zionist Lobby thinks that Israel's interests should be put before America's. That's the problem.

You keep switching between Israel and Zionist lobby. Did Israel object or criticize Hagel's nomination? What is the Zionist lobby and are they Americans? And how does your rant take this thread off topic?

Last edited:

Destroyed? :eek: Bullshit hyperbole. Hagel was criticized by supporters of Obama. Imagine that. :eusa_whistle:

When did that happen? Hagel would have been destroyed... Get it?

obama chose a republican because this is a very weak man who starts out anti American. But, he is a republican. That means he is an ideal republican patsy for obama to blame as he destroys the defense department. obama is building his legacy. His legacy is to be the total obliteration of the republican party making the United States wholly under one dictatorial party, the democrats. obama intends to reduce our defenses way below the ability to respond to any kind of attack. He certainly doesn't want to be blamed for this. Put Hagel in office and he can point to a republican and say "See what the republican's did".

It really is transparent.

Closing arguments or a single question asked, would have been made to drive home the point for Lindsey Graham when questioned Hagel, and it should have been " Mr. Hagel, do you hate the Jews" ?

Lindsey - I mean with the comments you have made in the past about their lobby and such, and that they had made us do some dumb or foolish things, in which are things you can't even speak to us here about or that you have now undoubtedly lied about in such, in which would now be my only logical conclusion in this matter, and so is it also my conclusion along with the rest of us here, that you undoubtedly hate these Jews as learned out of all of this, in which we are reviewing in evidence of here by your own words spoken in the past ? Maybe it's not hate, but maybe it's just a power struggle with you, where as you won't to be the most powerful in the world, and looked at in that way, but those Jews and their making us do some dumb things because they are more powerful, has got to be contained within this nation somehow, and that containment will be led by you if have half a chance in doing so right Mr. Hagel? Is this what it is Mr. Hagel ? I mean hey we are all ears now, so why don't you help us out here Mr. Hagel.

Lindsey - Do you hate them or have some dis-like towards them so badly, that you would come up with such unfounded rhetoric as you had done against them in the past, in which is rhetoric that you can't bless us with a common sense answer for or recollect on this very day of such an important confirmation? I mean you do understand that we are asking such things in so that we can understand what you meant by your words before we place you in such a position that could possibly cause harm to our friends, and this in ways that you again would probably be afraid to speak of if were the case afterwards ?

Lindsey - My motion would be to not confirm Mr. Hagel, but to investigate further his disdain for our friends and allies in the middle east region, who are already up against enough hatred over there as it is, so my motion is to deny Mr. Hagel this confirmation.

Forum List

Back