It Was Done on Tobacco. It Can Be Done on Guns.

It's easy to obstruct reform when you need 60 votes in the Senate to pass anything. The New BS GOP only wants to cut taxes on the rich, and for some reason that only takes 51. A disgrace.

He called you stupid because you ARE stupid. What does a 6 year old know besides maybe how to count to 10?
You are pushing the envelope here. Your comments are inane and frequently irrelevant, but I still find you somewhat amusing. Not nearly as entertaining as Franco, but you are slightly more comprehensible so not as intellectually challenging. When you fail to amuse me, you'll be on the list very soon.
Hmmm RW rated this funny. THAT amuses me.

But firearms are our primary tool in homicides......by a wide margin
Running away from your own chart? LOL.

Handguns, usually firing far less than 10 shots, do account for the vast majority of murders. What strikes you most about these statistics?
Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

US-homicides-by-weapon-type-1980-2008.png
Thanks for agreeing with me plus providing evidence that, 1) handguns kill far more people than "scary-looking guns" and 2) despite the numbers of guns in the population increasing, the rate of gun homicides has been going down for decades. Logically, the number and type of guns obviously isn't the problem.

washpost01op.png

gun-sales-terrorism-obama-restrictions-1449710314128-facebookJumbo-v6.jpg
Shows how gullible gun nuts are

Obama is going to take your guns

Better stock up....You know how he is

I'm pissed. Unless my daughter wanted a hand gun I was going to finally stop being the last white male in Mississippi without an AR-15. The price probably just doubled.

I'm really sorry for the families of the victims though.

I plan on getting a kit gun. Cheaper and I like to put stuff together.

Running away from your own chart? LOL.

Handguns, usually firing far less than 10 shots, do account for the vast majority of murders. What strikes you most about these statistics?
Expanded Homicide Data Table 6

US-homicides-by-weapon-type-1980-2008.png
Thanks for agreeing with me plus providing evidence that, 1) handguns kill far more people than "scary-looking guns" and 2) despite the numbers of guns in the population increasing, the rate of gun homicides has been going down for decades. Logically, the number and type of guns obviously isn't the problem.

washpost01op.png

gun-sales-terrorism-obama-restrictions-1449710314128-facebookJumbo-v6.jpg
Shows how gullible gun nuts are

Better stock up....You know how he is

I'm pissed. Unless my daughter wanted a hand gun I was going to finally stop being the last white male in Mississippi without an AR-15. The price probably just doubled.

I'm really sorry for the families of the victims though.

I plan on getting a kit gun. Cheaper and I like to put stuff together.
Careful it don't fall apart when you pull the trigger like on the Apple Dumpling Gang.

It's easy to obstruct reform when you need 60 votes in the Senate to pass anything. The New BS GOP only wants to cut taxes on the rich, and for some reason that only takes 51. A disgrace.

Gridlock is a desirable damper on radical change in policy and is, ideally, the default state of affairs.

Yup, everything's great- 99% of new wealth stays with the richest, middle class going to hell, no investment in Americans. Great, dupe..
Have you not concept of reality? Thumb through your Funk and Wagnals for the word "investment" and then justify that with spending money with no hope of anything but higher and higher debt.
99% of new wealth stays with the wealthy because they are the ones that take the risk, you idiot.

Yup, everything's great- 99% of new wealth stays with the richest, middle class going to hell, no investment in Americans. Great, dupe..
Have you not concept of reality? Thumb through your Funk and Wagnals for the word "investment" and then justify that with spending money with no hope of anything but higher and higher debt.
99% of new wealth stays with the wealthy because they are the ones that take the risk, you idiot.

Agreed. This is what the mindless left, is apparently incapable of understanding. The reason the poor, are poor, is because they do not invest, and they consume their money. The reason the rich, are rich, is because they invest, and wisely grow their money.

I just read an article where Ronald Read an hourly worker at a gas station, died with $8 Million dollars net worth. How? He saved and invested.

When you give money to poor people, they blow it and stay poor. When you give money, even just a little, to a rich person, he saves and invests it to become richer.

Take the $10 Million dollar lottery winner in 2001, who by 2009, was broke, living in a rental, and taking the bus to work.

Compare that to Steve Jobs who got $10 Million in Apple Computer stock when he was kicked out of the company. He used the money to invest in a new company, which grew in value, and later sold it to Disney for $10 Billion. The little company.... Pixar.

You give $10 Million to a poor person, and they blow it, and stay poor. You give $10 Million to a rich person, and they invest it, and grow it, and become richer.

This isn't some magical evil "top 1% holding people down"... this is how economics works. You blow your money, and you stay poor. You invest your money wisely, and you become rich. My parents are millionaires. Not because they ran a fortune 500 company, or got some inheritance. It's because they spent their lives, working as public school teachers, saving and investing.

Apparently they missed the memo, that the evil 1% was holding them down... now they are the millionaires.

The left thought, is an entire ideology of immaturity. The only thing that drives left-wing belief, is greed and envy. They spend their entire lives blaming those who have what they want, for all their problems.

So after 30 years of pander to the richest insanity, there aren't enough trained workers for good jobs going begging, and not enough consumer demand, and the roads and airports are a world wide joke. Great job, dupes )also falling apart lol). I know, Trump and a tax cut for the rich! Idiots.

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVER, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

Hardcore NRA wingnuts need to be thinking about two words: "Compromise" and "Consensus"...

When it comes to the Constitution there is no such thing as "Compromise" and "Consensus".

The constitution is a living document, and it is interpreted and changed via amendments. That's why we have 9 U.S. Supreme Court Justices. It would be very interesting to see how our forefathers would have interpreted assault weapons today. Possibly as a threat to citizens themselves--going from black powder to what is being sold today.

I imagine an assault weapon ban is probably coming. But what irritates the crap out of me, is why was this terrorist, who was on an FBI terrorist watch list, was allowed to get them anyway. Sandy Hook--the culpability lies right at the feet of the mother, who gave her emotionally deranged son access to that weapon.

In Colorado today, there are no private sales, transfers or sales from one person to another. All are required to have a background check done first. Gun shows are done the same way here.

Last edited:
So after 30 years of pander to the richest insanity, there aren't enough trained workers for good jobs going begging, and not enough consumer demand, and the roads and airports are a world wide joke. Great job, dupes )also falling apart lol). I know, Trump and a tax cut for the rich! Idiots.
The training is out there, you idiot. FINISH high school. Learn more than "Heather Has 2 Mommies" and tolerance for illegal aliens. Get an entry level job and save your damned money. You can live without the latest IPhone and a 60" TV. Stay out of bars. Save your money. Ladies! keep your legs crossed, you know.... Do the right thing.
It's not my fault you're an asshole. I didn't do that to you. Your single mother and drug addict absent deadbeat father and your own lack of self control and integrity did that. You want a job? Learn a skill. Once you're past high school, you are no longer my responsibility. DON'T ASK!

Hardcore NRA wingnuts need to be thinking about two words: "Compromise" and "Consensus"...

When it comes to the Constitution there is no such thing as "Compromise" and "Consensus".

The constitution is a living document, and it is interpreted and changed via amendments. That's why we have 9 U.S. Supreme Court Justices. It would be very interesting to see how our forefathers would have interpreted assault weapons today. Possibly as a threat to citizens themselves--going from black powder to what is being sold today.

I imagine an assault weapon ban is probably coming. But what irritates the crap out of me, is why was this terrorist, who was on an FBI terrorist watch list, was allowed to get them anyway. Sandy Hook--the culpability lies right at the feet of the mother, who gave her emotionally deranged son access to that weapon.

In Colorado today, there are no private sales, transfers or sales from one person to another. All are required to have a background check done first. Gun shows are done the same way here.
Can a private citizen in Colorado sell an automobile without a dealer license and a background check?
Show me in the Constitution where it says selling a car privately is OK but selling a gun is not. SHOW ME!!!

By Dennis A. Henigan

The American people can overcome the gun lobby, but only if we confront, and expose, three myths that have long dominated the gun debate and given the politicians a ready excuse for inaction.

First, we must not let the opponents of reform get away with the empty bromide that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Does any rational person really believe that the Sandy Hook killer could have murdered twenty-seven people in minutes with a knife or a baseball bat? Guns enable people to kill, more effectively and efficiently than any other widely available weapon.

Second, we must challenge the idea that no law can prevent violent people from getting guns. This canard is refuted by the experience of every other western industrialized nation. Their violent crime rates are comparable to ours. But their homicide rates are exponentially lower because their strong gun laws make it harder for violent individuals to get guns.

Third, we must not accept the notion that our Constitution condemns us to the continued slaughter of our children. It is true that the Supreme Court has expanded gun rights in recent years; it is equally true that the Court has insisted that the right allows for reasonable restrictions. In his opinion in the Heller Second Amendment case, Justice Scalia listed restrictions on "dangerous and unusual weapons" among the kinds of gun laws that are still "presumptively lawful." Assault weapons that fire scores of rounds without reloading surely are "dangerous and unusual."

The tobacco control movement overcame some equally powerful mythology to fundamentally alter American attitudes toward tobacco products. The tobacco industry's effort to sow confusion and uncertainty about the link between smoking and disease eventually was exposed as a fraud. The entrenched view that smoking was simply a bad habit that individuals can choose to break was destroyed by evidence that the tobacco companies knew that nicotine was powerfully addictive and engineered their cigarettes to ensure that people got hooked and stayed hooked. The assumption that smoking harms only the smoker was contradicted by the overwhelming evidence of the danger of second-hand smoke.

Once these myths were exposed, attitudes changed, policies changed and we started saving countless lives. Since youth smoking peaked in the mid-1990s, smoking rates have fallen by about three-fourths among 8th graders, two-thirds among 10th graders and half among 12th graders. A sea change has occurred on the tobacco issue.

Similarly fundamental change can come to the gun issue as well. The myths about gun control, however, still have a hold on too many of our political leaders and their constituents. We will hear them repeated again and again in the coming weeks of intense debate. Every time we hear them, we must respond and we must persuade.

There is too much at stake to be silent.

More: Dennis A. Henigan: It Was Done on Tobacco. It Can Be Done on Guns

Been tried. It failed. Guns already cost allot, and until BamBam Obama go's back to the hood they will remain so. So no, won't work.

The Constitution is NOT a "living breathing document" you idiot.

Forum List

Back