It Was Done on Tobacco. It Can Be Done on Guns.

Hardcore NRA wingnuts need to be thinking about two words: "Compromise" and "Consensus"...

When it comes to the Constitution there is no such thing as "Compromise" and "Consensus".

The constitution is a living document, and it is interpreted and changed via amendments. That's why we have 9 U.S. Supreme Court Justices. It would be very interesting to see how our forefathers would have interpreted assault weapons today. Possibly as a threat to citizens themselves--going from black powder to what is being sold today.

I imagine an assault weapon ban is probably coming. But what irritates the crap out of me, is why was this terrorist, who was on an FBI terrorist watch list, was allowed to get them anyway. Sandy Hook--the culpability lies right at the feet of the mother, who gave her emotionally deranged son access to that weapon.

In Colorado today, there are no private sales, transfers or sales from one person to another. All are required to have a background check done first. Gun shows are done the same way here.
The assault weapon ban accomplished nothing at all. Why would we re-enter a bill that utterly failed?

The Sandy Hoax,Aurora, Colorado, Charleston, South Carolina and the Virgina TV reporter shootings are confirmed false flag staged events and I will debate anyone over the validity of the coporate media's claims. San Bernadino, the small college in Oregon and the Orlando alleged shootings reek of it but I have not collected enough circumstancial evidence to make a convincing case....but the others mentioned I most definitely do. I am not a gun enthusiast and the last gun I used was the same type of gun Adam "phantom" Lanza used at Sandy Hook over three years ago when I started researching the alleged event. I got the webbing inbetween my thumb and forefinger caught by the chamber and bled like a stuck hog and it took me 5 minutes to empty a ten bullet clip and fire at a target 15 feet away and I only hit it 6 times. The noise was deafening and the power generated from firing a gun like that has an affect on your abiltity to focus and aim Its not like a cap pistol. I am calling bullshit that anyone could fire off 100 plus shots in ten miutes and get a 95 percent kill rate by an experienced shooter...much less a kid that suffered from Asperger's syndrome which is a form of autism that makes one sensitive to noise. We are being played for chumps, folks...they want to disarm the people because they have an agenda that most of us would never go along with. It is past time to wake up.

Hardcore NRA wingnuts need to be thinking about two words: "Compromise" and "Consensus"...

When it comes to the Constitution there is no such thing as "Compromise" and "Consensus".

The constitution is a living document, and it is interpreted and changed via amendments. That's why we have 9 U.S. Supreme Court Justices. It would be very interesting to see how our forefathers would have interpreted assault weapons today. Possibly as a threat to citizens themselves--going from black powder to what is being sold today.

I imagine an assault weapon ban is probably coming. But what irritates the crap out of me, is why was this terrorist, who was on an FBI terrorist watch list, was allowed to get them anyway. Sandy Hook--the culpability lies right at the feet of the mother, who gave her emotionally deranged son access to that weapon.

In Colorado today, there are no private sales, transfers or sales from one person to another. All are required to have a background check done first. Gun shows are done the same way here.

The problem there, is that the founding fathers were against a 'living document interpretation' system. They didn't want the Supreme Court to have the ability to just "oh well I think it means this now". That defeats the entire purpose of having a constitution. Because all you need to do, is appoint the people who "interpret" the constitution to mean whatever you want, and you can basically change the entire system of government to fit anything.

The whole point of a constitution is to have a firm, concrete foundation, which the government is built on. If the foundation is sand, to blow in the winds of interpretation, then the entire system will eventually implode. If you read the history of the Roman Republic, the entire system imploded when people started just re-interpreting the existing system.

And the reason should be obvious. The moment you allow any group of men to just blank check re-interpret the constitution... that ability doesn't go away. You can't say "well we can re-interpret what I want, but nothing else"... because everyone is going to have their reasons why their issues should be re-interpreted as well. Pretty soon you have a government that does whatever the heck it wants, and don't even care the constitution exists. You end up with Soviet Russia, and other "constitutional" governments that acted in practice, like no such document existed.

Yes, I would imagine that there will be an assault weapons ban. The problem is, like everything the left-wing does, it has absolutely no value, and at best harms lawful citizens.

See here's the problem, and it just showed up in Britain.

Labour MP Jo Cox dies after being shot and stabbed as husband urges people to 'fight against the hate' that killed her

She added: “A lady was down on the floor. The man pulled a gun - it was a makeshift gun, not like something you see on television.
“After the second shot I turned and ran. He walked away very calmly, down the steps. Nobody stopped him - he had a gun. It’s like I’m dreaming. "​

Let me explain. You can read the whole thing yourself, but here's the deal. Just yesterday, a Member of Parliament in Britain was gunned down.

The man, who was also mentally bonkers, had his own hand made gun. This is the UK, you are not even allowed to own BULLETS without a license.

Not only was he able to get a working gun, but he was able to get bullets. We don't know yet where he got the bullets from, or the gun. But what we do know, is that it was completely illegal for him to have either.

So how did he get them? This right here, is what drives me bonkers with the left-wing. If banning something worked... why don't we just ban crime? Why doesn't banning drugs work? Why doesn't banning meth work? Why didn't banning alcohol work?

Banning and regulating, has NEVER worked. Never. Not one time, in any country, in any age, has banning and regulating worked.

Common illicitly homemade submachine guns in Brazil - The Firearm Blog

Look at these. Home made machine pistols, and sub-machine guns.

tfbhomemadesunmachinegun14-improguns.jpg

Hey you think that mag there is over the 10-round ban? Huh? Like 50 rounds?

These guns are made in garages and basements, and countrary to idiot left-wing belief, they are highly effective, and save to operate.

They are generally high quality guns. Not luxury models we have on sale for $500 here, but the black market guns that are ugly, but completely functional, and cost just $100.

And it's not just small time random gun makers.... but also big companies in foriegn countries.

Mystery 9mm machine pistol seized in Europe - The Firearm Blog

These guns were professionally built... but the identifier is bogus. There is no "R9-Arms Corp USA". Doesn't exist. Last I checked, we still don't know where these guns are coming from.

Over and over and over... what's my point? In 1920, we banned alcohol, but 1922, the alcohol smuggling rings, ran from Canada, to Brazil, to Cuba, to California ports, to New Jersey, and that's not including the thousands of moonshine distillers that appeared in Appalachia.

And you think that somehow an assault weapons ban is doing to do what? What's it going to do? Huh? What? Nothing. Not one thing.

Gun control only makes the public, helpless and weak. Back to the very first link I posted.....

"He walked away very calmly, down the steps. Nobody stopped him - he had a gun."

Why? Why did he walk away, like he had nothing to fear, nothing to run from, nothing to be concerned with? Why did nobody stop him? No one made a move?

Because he knew... and they knew... that no one had any weapon to stop him. They were helpless, and weak, and useless.... and both he and them knew it. He knew no one was legally allowed to be armed. They knew that he knew they were not armed. Everyone knew no one could do anything.

That's what gun control does. It leaves citizens pathetic, powerless, and incompetent. The only people with the power, in a disarmed society, are those who don't follow the rules, and thus are armed in front of the helpless public.

Interestingly......

http://www.economist.com/news/europ...n-france-suffers-yet-another-terrorist-attack

France just had another terror attack. A man walked into the home of two employees of the police department. Of course they were off duty. He then stabbed and slit the throat of both the husband and wife, leaving the child and orphan.

But on the good side of the left-wing policy view.... thankfully due to high quality gun control laws, neither off-duty police employees were armed.... and Lord in Heaven only knows what might have happened if average citizens could defend themselves...... chaos and mayhem.... would have been crazy.

How horrible it would have been if they could have shot the knife wielding Islamic State fighter....

Another great success for the left-wing. Two dead citizens of France can now rest easy, with gun control working perfectly... they can rest in peace.... forever. ... you people make me sick.

Yup, when the greedy idiot megarich GOP wrecks the middle class and the country for 30 years, the hater dupes blame blacks. Brilliant. see sig

I agree, the GOP did wreck the middle class. They followed and carried out the will of their master Bammer perfectly. That's why like the DNC they are finding their ass's unelected in all but the deepest hoods after every election.

The Sandy Hoax,Aurora, Colorado, Charleston, South Carolina and the Virgina TV reporter shootings are confirmed false flag staged events and I will debate anyone over the validity of the coporate media's claims. San Bernadino, the small college in Oregon and the Orlando alleged shootings reek of it but I have not collected enough circumstancial evidence to make a convincing case....but the others mentioned I most definitely do. I am not a gun enthusiast and the last gun I used was the same type of gun Adam "phantom" Lanza used at Sandy Hook over three years ago when I started researching the alleged event. I got the webbing inbetween my thumb and forefinger caught by the chamber and bled like a stuck hog and it took me 5 minutes to empty a ten bullet clip and fire at a target 15 feet away and I only hit it 6 times. The noise was deafening and the power generated from firing a gun like that has an affect on your abiltity to focus and aim Its not like a cap pistol. I am calling bullshit that anyone could fire off 100 plus shots in ten miutes and get a 95 percent kill rate by an experienced shooter...much less a kid that suffered from Asperger's syndrome which is a form of autism that makes one sensitive to noise. We are being played for chumps, folks...they want to disarm the people because they have an agenda that most of us would never go along with. It is past time to wake up.
In a bar/club scene with 300 people in a 6,000 square foot building, a man with moderate training could easily fire 1,000 rounds in the 7 or 10 minutes various reports describe. The kill rate of 95%.... I think that is a wild exaggeration, but with multiple shots, not impossible. I'm not saying there wasn't more than one shooter since simply carrying 1,000 rounds loaded in magazines seems a daunting task, but to think the government is pulling some hoax here is insane. Noise? You have rather limited experience with firearms, so let me explain this. There is a world of difference between shooting at a piece of paper and at a living breathing target. An AR 15 is a puppy dog compared to the weapons I've used and when shooting at game, I don't feel recoil or hear the noise. I'm fully conscious only on my target's reaction.
Practice, my friend. I can put 11 rounds from my sidearm in a target 15 feet away in 6 seconds, 6.25, if the weapon is holstered.

The assault weapon ban accomplished nothing at all. Why would we re-enter a bill that utterly failed?
Because - emotion.

The entire AW ban was based on emotion, not fact or logic. They didn't start with a solid definition of what an assault weapon was, they didn't need one. All they needed was an emotional basis from which to work, and that's what they used. It didn't work the first time, but it made a small percentage of the population feel good, so they want to do it again, to feel good again.

So after 30 years of pander to the richest insanity, there aren't enough trained workers for good jobs going begging, and not enough consumer demand, and the roads and airports are a world wide joke. Great job, dupes )also falling apart lol). I know, Trump and a tax cut for the rich! Idiots.
Apple has over 15 billion dollars in chinese banks. How do you propose to legally convince apple into bringing that money here? I know how trump is going to do it. Trump is going to lower capital gains taxes from. 30% to 10% 10% of something is better than 30% of nothing. Apple will bring that money here and what isnt reinvested will be paid out as dividends. Medium income folks own apple stock. We arent just talking apple other companies are waiting on this tax break too. We are talking trillons of dollars that can be taxed at 10% where we werent getting anything before at 30%

So after 30 years of pander to the richest insanity, there aren't enough trained workers for good jobs going begging, and not enough consumer demand, and the roads and airports are a world wide joke. Great job, dupes )also falling apart lol). I know, Trump and a tax cut for the rich! Idiots.
Apple has over 15 billion dollars in chinese banks. How do you propose to legally convince apple into bringing that money here? I know how trump is going to do it. Trump is going to lower capital gains taxes from. 30% to 10% 10% of something is better than 30% of nothing. Apple will bring that money here and what isnt reinvested will be paid out as dividends. Medium income folks own apple stock. We arent just talking apple other companies are waiting on this tax break too. We are talking trillons of dollars that can be taxed at 10% where we werent getting anything before at 30%

Exactly. Last I read, between Apple and Microsoft, they have roughly $200 Billion dollars locked up in foriegn banks. 35% tax on zero of that $200 Billion... is zero. 10% on $200 Billlion brought back to the US, would be.... $20 Billion in taxes.

Which system results in revenue? The 35% of zero, that the left-wing has enacted? Or the 10% of $200 Billion that Trump proposes?

Companies have openly said they would like to bring the profits back home, but say it isn't worth it, when they lose more than 1/3rd in taxes.

Any here's the kicker... any of you left-wingers faced with this situation wouldn't act any differently.

I usually do not personally attack people, but are you defective ? You people do not seem to understand that as a law abiding citizen the right to own arms can not be interfered with by the government.

"It's in the Constitution stupid" should be the new slogan for gun rights advocates. Its so simple a slogan that even a Liberal can understand it.

Exactly. Last I read, between Apple and Microsoft, they have roughly $200 Billion dollars locked up in foriegn banks. 35% tax on zero of that $200 Billion... is zero. 10% on $200 Billlion brought back to the US, would be.... $20 Billion in taxes.

Which system results in revenue? The 35% of zero, that the left-wing has enacted? Or the 10% of $200 Billion that Trump proposes?

Companies have openly said they would like to bring the profits back home, but say it isn't worth it, when they lose more than 1/3rd in taxes.

Any here's the kicker... any of you left-wingers faced with this situation wouldn't act any differently.
Jobs and Gates are/were lefties.

Tobacco Constitutionally protected?

Most of the myths I have read in the last week on this subject were liberal myths.

So? Not very relevant to the point. Actually if anything, they make my point.

As much as the left-wingers claim everyone should pay massive taxes, when a left-winger is actually confronted with the taxes they support... they hide their money.

The problem there, is that the founding fathers were against a 'living document interpretation' system. They didn't want the Supreme Court to have the ability to just "oh well I think it means this now". That defeats the entire purpose of having a constitution. Because all you need to do, is appoint the people who "interpret" the constitution to mean whatever you want, and you can basically change the entire system of government to fit anything.

The whole point of a constitution is to have a firm, concrete foundation, which the government is built on. If the foundation is sand, to blow in the winds of interpretation, then the entire system will eventually implode. If you read the history of the Roman Republic, the entire system imploded when people started just re-interpreting the existing system.

And the reason should be obvious. The moment you allow any group of men to just blank check re-interpret the constitution... that ability doesn't go away. You can't say "well we can re-interpret what I want, but nothing else"... because everyone is going to have their reasons why their issues should be re-interpreted as well. Pretty soon you have a government that does whatever the heck it wants, and don't even care the constitution exists. You end up with Soviet Russia, and other "constitutional" governments that acted in practice, like no such document existed.

Yes, I would imagine that there will be an assault weapons ban. The problem is, like everything the left-wing does, it has absolutely no value, and at best harms lawful citizens.

See here's the problem, and it just showed up in Britain.

Labour MP Jo Cox dies after being shot and stabbed as husband urges people to 'fight against the hate' that killed her

She added: “A lady was down on the floor. The man pulled a gun - it was a makeshift gun, not like something you see on television.
“After the second shot I turned and ran. He walked away very calmly, down the steps. Nobody stopped him - he had a gun. It’s like I’m dreaming. "​

Let me explain. You can read the whole thing yourself, but here's the deal. Just yesterday, a Member of Parliament in Britain was gunned down.

The man, who was also mentally bonkers, had his own hand made gun. This is the UK, you are not even allowed to own BULLETS without a license.

Not only was he able to get a working gun, but he was able to get bullets. We don't know yet where he got the bullets from, or the gun. But what we do know, is that it was completely illegal for him to have either.

So how did he get them? This right here, is what drives me bonkers with the left-wing. If banning something worked... why don't we just ban crime? Why doesn't banning drugs work? Why doesn't banning meth work? Why didn't banning alcohol work?

Banning and regulating, has NEVER worked. Never. Not one time, in any country, in any age, has banning and regulating worked.

Common illicitly homemade submachine guns in Brazil - The Firearm Blog

Look at these. Home made machine pistols, and sub-machine guns.

View attachment 78441

Hey you think that mag there is over the 10-round ban? Huh? Like 50 rounds?

These guns are made in garages and basements, and countrary to idiot left-wing belief, they are highly effective, and save to operate.

They are generally high quality guns. Not luxury models we have on sale for $500 here, but the black market guns that are ugly, but completely functional, and cost just $100.

And it's not just small time random gun makers.... but also big companies in foriegn countries.

Mystery 9mm machine pistol seized in Europe - The Firearm Blog

These guns were professionally built... but the identifier is bogus. There is no "R9-Arms Corp USA". Doesn't exist. Last I checked, we still don't know where these guns are coming from.

Over and over and over... what's my point? In 1920, we banned alcohol, but 1922, the alcohol smuggling rings, ran from Canada, to Brazil, to Cuba, to California ports, to New Jersey, and that's not including the thousands of moonshine distillers that appeared in Appalachia.

And you think that somehow an assault weapons ban is doing to do what? What's it going to do? Huh? What? Nothing. Not one thing.

Gun control only makes the public, helpless and weak. Back to the very first link I posted.....

"He walked away very calmly, down the steps. Nobody stopped him - he had a gun."

Why? Why did he walk away, like he had nothing to fear, nothing to run from, nothing to be concerned with? Why did nobody stop him? No one made a move?

Because he knew... and they knew... that no one had any weapon to stop him. They were helpless, and weak, and useless.... and both he and them knew it. He knew no one was legally allowed to be armed. They knew that he knew they were not armed. Everyone knew no one could do anything.

That's what gun control does. It leaves citizens pathetic, powerless, and incompetent. The only people with the power, in a disarmed society, are those who don't follow the rules, and thus are armed in front of the helpless public.

Very good post.

As much as the left-wingers claim everyone should pay massive taxes, when a left-winger is actually confronted with the taxes they support... they hide their money.
Actually your reply IS my point. The left bitches all over social media about how horrible Conservatives send jobs off shore while using their I-Phones that were made where?Walmart - BAD Apple - GOOD

Actually your reply IS my point. The left bitches all over social media about how horrible Conservatives send jobs off shore while using their I-Phones that were made where?Walmart - BAD Apple - GOOD

Oh yeah I agree. What drives me the most crazy, is that while they complain about jobs going over seas, they turn right around and promote the exact causes of driving jobs over seas.

They sit there crying in their diapers "we need higher taxes! we need more regulation! we need more Unions!" and then turn around "duh.... dur.... why are the job makers leaving? wah?"

Hey you idiots! You regulate the crap out of them, tax away all their profits, and drive up the cost of business with Unions, and have the mindless incompetence to ask why they are leaving? Get a clue.

I usually do not personally attack people, but are you defective ? You people do not seem to understand that as a law abiding citizen the right to own arms can not be interfered with by the government.

"It's in the Constitution stupid" should be the new slogan for gun rights advocates. Its so simple a slogan that even a Liberal can understand it.

You're forgetting that the Left would like to get rid of the Constitution (cf., Manchin's comments about that pesky due process bit).

So do righties...wth lol. The question is what are the parties' policies?

Forum List

Back