It only took one day!

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Quite understandably, most people feel a sense of satisfaction in being right about something when their opinions are proven to be true. But every once in a while, it feels far better to be proven wrong about something. For example, if you're concerned that a spouse might be cheating, it can be a great feeling to find out that there's a simple provable explanation to events that otherwise seem very suspicious. Likewise, if and when you think someone might be lying to you and stealing from you. What a feeling of relief to find out that you were wrong, right?

That's what I was hoping with Trump. I was hoping that my concerns about his temperament, his overly sensitive nature to criticism, and his penchant for just making stuff up and jumping to conclusions on incomplete information would be tempered by the weight of his new responsibilities, AND his staff.

That's what I was hoping would be true. In other words, I was hoping my concerns about Trump and my feeling of what was going to happen with Trump in office due to his well-known personality traits would be proven to be wrong. Well, based on everything that happened on Saturday with Trump's obsession with the media reporting on the crowd size during his inauguration the day before and how Trump talked about it at the CIA headquarters (of all places) and later directed his press secretary, Sean Spicer, to come out and engage in an angry harangue, including making demonstrably false statements while also not taking any questions at all has led me to believe that my fears of a Trump presidency were completely justified. Sadly, the story continued on Sunday on the Sunday news shows, and only seemed to get worse. Ironically, a story about crowd size, whether smaller or larger, isn't even important and would be quickly forgotten if it was left alone and/or ignored.

My fears are only increasing seeing as how there is nobody in all of America that gets criticized and even attacked more, and more often, than the president of the USA. It's a nonstop 24/7 proposition. If Trump can't handle an accurate, but passing, story on the crowd size during the inauguration when he knows he lost the popular vote nationwide as well as losing the popular vote in Washington DC, how in hell is Trump going to be able to handle criticism from all sides when it starts coming in his direction as it certainly will just like it does with ALL presidents?

Last edited:
We have to look at history: when Hitler came to power, he did not control the press.

I'm not saying Trump is Hitler, but we have to look at history to see how things can turn out.

Also as a more recent example, Putin also didn't have the press on his side when he started out. There were relatively fair elections too.

So the point is, it takes a few years to consolidate a dictatorship in a previous democracy.

Quite understandably, most people feel a sense of satisfaction in being right about something when their opinions are proven to be true. But every once in a while, it feels far better to be proven wrong about something. For example, if you're concerned that a spouse might be cheating, it can be a great feeling to find out that there's a simple provable explanation to events that otherwise seem very suspicious. Likewise, if and when you think someone might be lying to you and stealing from you. What a feeling of relief to find out that you were wrong, right.

That's what I was hoping with Trump. I was hoping that my concerns about his temperament, his overly sensitive nature to criticism, and his penchant for just making stuff up and jumping to conclusions on incomplete information would be tempered by the weight of his new responsibilities, AND his staff.

That's what I was hoping would be true. In other words, I was hoping my concerns about Trump and my feeling of what was going to happen with Trump in office due to his well-known personality traits would be proven to be wrong. Well, based on everything that happened on Saturday with Trump's obsession with the media reporting on the crowd size during his inauguration the day before and how Trump talked about it at the CIA headquarters (of all places) and later directed his press secretary, Sean Spicer, to come out and engage in an angry harangue, including making demonstrably false statements while also not taking any questions at all has led me to believe that my fears of a Trump presidency were completely justified. Sadly, the story continued on Sunday on the Sunday news shows, and only seemed to get worse. Ironically, a story about crowd size, whether smaller or larger, isn't even important and would be quickly forgotten if it was left alone and/or ignored.

My fears are only increasing seeing as how there is nobody in all of America that gets criticized and even attacked more, and more often, than the president of the USA. It's a nonstop 24/7 proposition. If Trump can't handle an accurate, but passing, story on the crowd size during the inauguration when he knows he lost the popular vote nationwide as well as losing the popular vote in Washington DC, how in hell is Trump going to be able to handle criticism from all sides when it starts coming in his direction as it certainly will just like it does with ALL presidents?
I never understood this narrative, once trump "wins the primary" he'll calm down, then it became "once he wins the election" he will control himself, "once he's inaugurated as president" he would conduct himself with more respect..... Im waiting for someone to say "once his first 100 days are over" Trump he will tone it down

....smart money's on Kelly anne Conway

Quite understandably, most people feel a sense of satisfaction in being right about something when their opinions are proven to be true. But every once in a while, it feels far better to be proven wrong about something. For example, if you're concerned that a spouse might be cheating, it can be a great feeling to find out that there's a simple provable explanation to events that otherwise seem very suspicious. Likewise, if and when you think someone might be lying to you and stealing from you. What a feeling of relief to find out that you were wrong, right.

Your OP describes one of the main reasons I did not vote for Trump.
Anyway, I'm glad HRC is not president. I am hoping that the next 4 years will be good.

Maybe you can find a safe space to go to. Complete with soothing music, crayons, and stuffed animals to hug. When we are done fixing everything, we'll come a guide you back to reality.

Maybe you can find a safe space to go to. Complete with soothing music, crayons, and stuffed animals to hug. When we are done fixing everything, we'll come a guide you back to reality.

Don't forget the milk and cookies!

Trump is doing exactly what he has promised, he's doing the very same things that got him elected. I'm very happy about that. The ignorant, the butthurt, the irrational, the certifiably insane, and those on the left who are multiple combinations of all of that, will bitch and moan and whine and cry, but it will only hurt their cause. Let them suffer, they are doing it to themselves.

The big media spin meisters can't get away with their fake news like they did. They have always lied about or covered up Trump's crowds while not showing Hillary's. I never did see a Hillary sign and this is uberlibville. Her crowd would have been a joke.

I'm concerned about your temperament, your overly sensitive nature to criticism, and your penchant for just making stuff up and jumping to conclusions on incomplete information.

Are you Donald Trump?
I seriously doubt it, his language is 2% more sophisticated. On the other hand, I do think the oligarch may be a poster on here.

Just think --- three years and 362 more days of administration by hissyfit.
He gonna whine so much --- will he ever get tired of whining?

That sorta thing, staying up all night to tweet-bomb everybody who didn't slob your knob that day -- can't be healthy. How soon before Rump starts looking like a 90-year-old?

Okay, an orange 90-year-old...

The big media spin meisters can't get away with their fake news like they did. They have always lied about or covered up Trump's crowds while not showing Hillary's. I never did see a Hillary sign and this is uberlibville. Her crowd would have been a joke.
You are an Alternate facter. This is about the paucity of Trum's crowd compared to the yuge Women's march crowd.

Your lies will always be exposed.

That sorta thing, staying up all night to tweet-bomb everybody who didn't slob your knob that day -- can't be healthy. How soon before Rump starts looking like a 90-year-old?

Okay, an orange 90-year-old...

You better hope not because......Pence.

I'm concerned about your temperament, your overly sensitive nature to criticism, and your penchant for just making stuff up and jumping to conclusions on incomplete information.

Are you Donald Trump?

I'm concerned about your inability to follow a course of discussion. Is it because you don't bother to read what you reply to? Is it that you have reading comprehension problems and cannot understand what you read? Or is it that you have these prepared snarky comments that you automatically paste despite the fact that they don't follow?
watch that temperament
I have noticed that PredFan is a trump junior in lack of impermanent and logic. One day after Inauguration the alt right, from Trump to PredFan, go crazy because the women's march has told them "no, not going to be that way."

The new Sheriff is in town and he is demanding Journalists live up to their Oath. When media is accurate and unbiased, that is good for America. When media is inaccurate and biased to the Left as it has been for decades, that is bad for America.

Read your history and learn what "A Free and Independent Press" means.

New Topics

Forum List

Back