ISTOOK: Obama’s latest brainwashing whopper — lower electricity bills

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
A lot of things Obama does and we bitch about is just something to bitch about. But two things that I think make me the maddest about Obama is this new lie and his closing of Yucca mountain to please Harry Reid. Both are a kick in the groin for the middle class and the working man.

Mr. Obama wants to lull us into inaction against his EPA plan by brainwashing Americans with the big lie he offered Monday: “Your electricity bills will shrink as these standards spur investment in energy efficiency, cutting waste and, ultimately, we’re going to be saving money for homes and for businesses.”

Read more: ISTOOK: Obama's latest brainwashing whopper ? lower electricity bills - Washington Times
Follow us: [MENTION=39892]Was[/MENTION]htimes on Twitter

Last edited:
A lot of things Obama does and we bitch about is just something to bitch about. But two things that I think make me the maddest about Obama is this new lie and his closing of Yucca mountain to please Harry Reid. Both are a kick in the groin or the middle class and the working man.

Mr. Obama wants to lull us into inaction against his EPA plan by brainwashing Americans with the big lie he offered Monday: “Your electricity bills will shrink as these standards spur investment in energy efficiency, cutting waste and, ultimately, we’re going to be saving money for homes and for businesses.”

As someone who works in the Electric Utility Industry, let me translate that for you.....

Your bill will go down once we get SmartGrid implimented across the country because the electric system will SHUT YOUR APPLIANCES/LIGHTS OFF when we feel you're using too much electricity, thereby reducing the amount of electricity you use and your monthly bill.

The fascist has taken over our country
Your bill will go down once we get SmartGrid implimented across the country because the electric system will SHUT YOUR APPLIANCES/LIGHTS OFF when we feel you're using too much electricity, thereby reducing the amount of electricity you use and your monthly bill.

what a caring bunch eh?

Last edited:
A lot of things Obama does and we bitch about is just something to bitch about. But two things that I think make me the maddest about Obama is this new lie and his closing of Yucca mountain to please Harry Reid. Both are a kick in the groin or the middle class and the working man.

As someone who works in the Electric Utility Industry, let me translate that for you.....

How is that smart grid thing coming along? To fully implement it the investment will be enormous. What reason would the utility have to shut off your electricity? Because they don't have the capacity OR they are selling the electricity somewhere else for much more money as they have already done.

Some Things to Know About Obama's New EPA Regulations

Some Things to Know About Obama's New EPA Regulations - Katie Pavlich

So, who do these new regulations affect the most? Rural and poor communities.

"The bottom line is that this new rule will kill good-paying jobs in rural communities throughout the country. In Arizona, this proposal will likely force the Navajo Generating Station to close its doors, which will mean the permanent loss of nearly a 1,000 good-paying jobs," Arizona Republican Rep. Paul Gosar said in a statement, vowing to fight the regulations and EPA overreach.

This is a verbatim transcript. The video can be found on youtube... I can't link to it, yet, though.

Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket
January 2008 interview with the San Francisco Chronicle

The problem is not technical, uh, and the problem is not mastery of the legislative intricacies of Washington. The problem is, uh, can you get the American people to say, “This is really important,” and force their representatives to do the right thing? That requires mobilizing a citizenry. That requires them understanding what is at stake. Uh, and climate change is a great example.

You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, uh, you know — Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.

I really don't know how either of the Obama's can stand themselves or sleep at night

The plan is to make electricity so expensive that the people will accept higher taxes to force development of the same green energy that Europe has already figured out won't work. When fully developed, in 100 or 200 years, there will be lower energy costs.

Just more transfer of wealth from taxpayers to government so they can once again "redistribute" it.

Which demographic in america contains the most taxpayers and therefore has the most to lose?

The plan is to make electricity so expensive that the people will accept higher taxes to force development of the same green energy that Europe has already figured out won't work. When fully developed, in 100 or 200 years, there will be lower energy costs.

of course it is..my gawd these citizens who buys into this (globull warming) is going to take us all down with them

How is that smart grid thing coming along? To fully implement it the investment will be enormous. What reason would the utility have to shut off your electricity? Because they don't have the capacity OR they are selling the electricity somewhere else for much more money as they have already done.

It depends on where you are. Parts of CA already have the majority of the system in place. We're still in the Pilot Program stage here in the Northeast. It will be immensely expensive and it's going to come right out of the rate payers pockets.

The theoretical concept behind SmartGrid is to allow the COMPUTERS instead of the PEOPLE to do our Load Management work. The idea is to essentially create a Pavlovian means to effect social change. In most cases it wouldn't be a full outage. It would instead be a massive (75-100%) increase in the rate for electric use during certain periods of time (7am - 11pm here in the Northeast) and create the potential for the system to be able to turn off certain high demand appliances in your home if used during those times (washing machines, dishwashers, A/C units, water heaters, etc.....). This would be done in order to reduce overall demand during peak times and ensure that higher value customers do not have brown-outs or load-related outages.

So, what's a high value customer?.... Basically the same people who get their lights back on first after an outage....

Level 1 Customers - Hospitals, emergency services depts, schools, etc....

Level 2 Customers - Municipal/Government offices and facilities along with high value industrial customers

Level 3 Customers - Lower value industrial/commercial customers and high level residential customers

Level 4 Customers - The average Joe.

Obama could be right. His changes will lead to black and brown outs, during which people will use ZERO electricity!

there were two issues, one was his lie the other was what we are doing with spent nuclear fuel. The details were worked out long ago but Obama stopped that, now the fuel is to be maintained on site. If fukushima taught us anything it is that we must do whatever we can to prevent the worse that can happen during accidents. No one thought or put much thought into what happen at fukushima and we have a disaster that effects not only Japan but the world.

So be it with on site storage of nuclear waste. At some point something will happen, something bad. Hopefully I am wrong. What we are doing now is what we did with fly ash and coal stations. The proper disposal was never taken into consideration and it now is coming back to bite us. Because of Obama the same is going to happen in the future when nuclear stations are full of spent fuel, it is only a matter of time and poor planning.

Last edited:

Please do not try to introduce facts to yet another low-information Obama-hate thread.

Forum List

Back