Israeli woman refused service at Florida gas station

But we don't need Public Accommodation laws, right? She should just take her service elsewhere, right?

Actually the market handled it, the manager fired the person. No government intervention needed.

The market didn't handle it. The owner fired the employee because he didn't want to get sued.

the Market handling it would have been the consumer base refusing to patronize this gas station. There was never a point where a consumer backlash ever happened.

Suing is a long term process, I'm sure the more immediate response was due to the potential loss of business. This is Florida after all, world known as the ancient Jewish/Italian burial grounds, or God's waiting room.

um, okay, but your point was that "the market" took care of this problem.

That's like saying "the market" took out Sterling or "the market" took out those two Christian A-holes who didn't get a TV show when they found out they were raging homophobes.

This is the kind of knee-jerk PC reaction you guys whine about when it's the gays complaining.

But we don't need Public Accommodation laws, right? She should just take her service elsewhere, right?

Actually the market handled it, the manager fired the person. No government intervention needed.

The market didn't handle it. The owner fired the employee because he didn't want to get sued.

the Market handling it would have been the consumer base refusing to patronize this gas station. There was never a point where a consumer backlash ever happened.

Suing is a long term process, I'm sure the more immediate response was due to the potential loss of business. This is Florida after all, world known as the ancient Jewish/Italian burial grounds, or God's waiting room.

um, okay, but your point was that "the market" took care of this problem.

That's like saying "the market" took out Sterling or "the market" took out those two Christian A-holes who didn't get a TV show when they found out they were raging homophobes.

This is the kind of knee-jerk PC reaction you guys whine about when it's the gays complaining.

I only complain about "the gays" when it comes to them suing businesses that take the definition of a public accommodation to ridiculous levels. A person buying gas is a person buying gas. they walk up, they pay, they get gas, they leave. it isn't Israeli gas, or gay gas, or whatever. THAT is a public accommodation. Running a catering business or renting out your property for weddings is not, and I don't care what the gay-sue brigade says about it.

Forum List

Back