Israel wants its spy back

Maybe the Judge wasn't as anti-Semitic as the one who sentenced Pollard ?

What does anti-semitism have to do with it? Look at what he did. You are a Brit - if he did that to your country would you feel sympathetic to early release? Counter to the recommendations of your security people? What if he were Saudi - they're an ally - would you clamor for his early release?
Let's be honest here. Do you think that many of the posters here would be interested in this man if he even gave away the whole barn and if he happened to not be Jewish? Pollard is a big issue with the anti-Semitics and other spies are just not important to them.

Ok...let's be honest. If he wasn't Jewish, would some of the posters here even care if he had to serve his full term? (they aren't agitating for the release of any other spies) This cuts both ways. Lipush's response is the most honest because she is an Israeli and she see's it from her national perspective. I can appreciate that even though I don't agree.

What makes me less then sympathetic is this: he caused damage. He shopped his information in order to get the best price. He sold information to multiple countries. He was involved in illegal arms dealings (who would have been the recipients had he been successful?). When I read up on him, there was mention of another Israeli spy that was released with only a fine. He caused far less damage and he while both claimed to do it out of a misguided sense of loyalty, it's quite clear that Pollard's was not that but was primarily economic. That makes me sympathetic to one but not the other.

Do you think that it would have bothered some of the posters that this Kim was only given 7 years, released after 6, and the South Koreans were angry that he was even given any sentence? Nobody likes to hear about anyone spying in this country and handing over documents to others. However, it has been obvious throughout the years that only Pollard has any importance to some of the posters.

Korean Spy Case Called More Serious Than Was Thought - New York Times

Bitter South Koreans Rally Behind Spy Convicted in U.S. - Los Angeles Times

Naval Analyst Charged With Spying For S. Korea - Chicago Tribune

It probably would not have bothered some - however, the question can likewise be asked: Do you think some of the posters here would be advocating for his release or calling it racism if he were not Jewish?
A question for you since it was a Muslim who first brought up this thread about Pollard. Do you think that he would have started a thread if the spy had been a Muslim? Has he ever brought up any Muslim spy or terrorist on any forums who happened to be caught here? He certainly is very quiet about Palestinians and their fellow travelers demanding murderers be released from Israeli prisons

Agree with you.

Now let me ask: How many here would have been calling for his release if he had been a Muslim?
Going by past experience and from what the Pro Pali gang has posted about Pali murderers, probably many of the Pro Pali gang would have been whining for the release of a Muslim spy. I wonder if anyone has seen any Muslim bring up on one of the other forums about this Muslim in the Navy and what he was planning to do? Anyone see any Muslim or one of their fellow travelers bring up this incident or is this something that would be better off not mentioned?

What does anti-semitism have to do with it? Look at what he did. You are a Brit - if he did that to your country would you feel sympathetic to early release? Counter to the recommendations of your security people? What if he were Saudi - they're an ally - would you clamor for his early release?
Let's be honest here. Do you think that many of the posters here would be interested in this man if he even gave away the whole barn and if he happened to not be Jewish? Pollard is a big issue with the anti-Semitics and other spies are just not important to them.

Ok...let's be honest. If he wasn't Jewish, would some of the posters here even care if he had to serve his full term? (they aren't agitating for the release of any other spies) This cuts both ways. Lipush's response is the most honest because she is an Israeli and she see's it from her national perspective. I can appreciate that even though I don't agree.

What makes me less then sympathetic is this: he caused damage. He shopped his information in order to get the best price. He sold information to multiple countries. He was involved in illegal arms dealings (who would have been the recipients had he been successful?). When I read up on him, there was mention of another Israeli spy that was released with only a fine. He caused far less damage and he while both claimed to do it out of a misguided sense of loyalty, it's quite clear that Pollard's was not that but was primarily economic. That makes me sympathetic to one but not the other.

Do you think that it would have bothered some of the posters that this Kim was only given 7 years, released after 6, and the South Koreans were angry that he was even given any sentence? Nobody likes to hear about anyone spying in this country and handing over documents to others. However, it has been obvious throughout the years that only Pollard has any importance to some of the posters.

Korean Spy Case Called More Serious Than Was Thought - New York Times

Bitter South Koreans Rally Behind Spy Convicted in U.S. - Los Angeles Times

Naval Analyst Charged With Spying For S. Korea - Chicago Tribune

It probably would not have bothered some - however, the question can likewise be asked: Do you think some of the posters here would be advocating for his release or calling it racism if he were not Jewish?
A question for you since it was a Muslim who first brought up this thread about Pollard. Do you think that he would have started a thread if the spy had been a Muslim? Has he ever brought up any Muslim spy or terrorist on any forums who happened to be caught here? He certainly is very quiet about Palestinians and their fellow travelers demanding murderers be released from Israeli prisons

Agree with you.

Now let me ask: How many here would have been calling for his release if he had been a Muslim?
Going by past experience and from what the Pro Pali gang has posted about Pali murderers, probably many of the Pro Pali gang would have been whining for the release of a Muslim spy. I wonder if anyone has seen any Muslim bring up on one of the other forums about this Muslim in the Navy and what he was planning to do? Anyone see any Muslim or one of their fellow travelers bring up this incident or is this something that would be better off not mentioned?

It cuts both ways Hoss. We have the Pro-Israeli gang exibiting the same hypocrisy on their side and you know it. :dunno:

My view is this - I have little sympathy for this particular spy given what he engaged in.

Israel has its spy back.
The traitor has been released, so watch this space for news of the Jewish state giving him a medal for betraying America.

Traitor Pollard, claims illness is a good reason to get out of prison.

Pollard, a civilian intelligence analyst for the US Navy, passed reams of classified material to Israel from the summer of 1984 until November 1985. He has been serving a life sentence in US federal prison since 1987 and will be eligible for parole in November 2015.

Read more: Netanyahu urges Kerry to release Pollard | The Times of Israel Netanyahu urges Kerry to release Pollard The Times of Israel

Do you think he should be released?
Fuck Israel!

They can have their spy back.................in a pine box!

Israel want's its spy back, Israel helped ISIS, Israel owns congress, these are all good things for Americans to know, that Israel will stab us in the back if it suits her...

There is hope that our younger generations on campus know what's going on and they will be in power to defang the Israeli Fascist State in due time.

Pollard, a civilian intelligence analyst for the US Navy, passed reams of classified material to Israel from the summer of 1984 until November 1985. He has been serving a life sentence in US federal prison since 1987 and will be eligible for parole in November 2015.

Read more: Netanyahu urges Kerry to release Pollard | The Times of Israel Netanyahu urges Kerry to release Pollard The Times of Israel

Think he should be shot. Sold the info to Israel, didn't give it to them out of some noble intention.

You, instead, support Israel at the expense of the United States. You are a traitor.
No it doesn't make him a traitor, but instead of talking about others lets begin with you filth - you support a designated terrorist organization recognized by the US - you are the traitor.
On the head of the thief burns the hat.

Who supports a terrorist organization? Repeat it and I will go to the Mods. I support the rights of the Palestinian people, I do not support either Hamas or the PLO.
Now that is hilarious!
I Can go on explaining the hypocritical position you suggest while first you say you don't support Hamas(Lie?) and precisely where you actually do post false propaganda/misleading content to claim its facts when its not, I can also post dozens of quotes you made to show how you defend them(Hamas/PLO/Random terrorists) at all cost, I can also explain why supporting the current Palestinian regime or either its violent actions is supporting Hamas/PLO/Violence..

I Will make it simple for you to be able to comprehend;

Red
is just a bunch of nonsense.
Green is some rare honesty.
Who says I support Hamas? I don't. I support a democratic secular state for all Palestinians, including those of the Jewish faith. Hamas want an Islamic state. Both Islam and Judaism are crap, in my opinion.
If I were a Palestinian I would call for the annihilation of Israel too. Wouldn't you if your family had been evicted from their homes and land by the Zionists? Or would you be a coward and submit to Jewish rule over you and your people. Just wondering, punk.
You silly little twerp. I am a practicing Roman Catholic. Your worst nightmare.
Hamas are against Christians as much as all Islamic Militants - you support the Pals(Entirely?) - which are against Christians(Israelis and Palestinians) - while the majority of Christians involved directly in the conflict supports Israel.

Hamas Allah kill Christians and Jews to the last one - PMW Bulletins

You are a traito because the Palestinians you fiercely support - crowned the terrorism and pointed it against not only Israel, but Christians and I didn't mention you try to shake down a US ally but for a selfish emotional reason, traito.

Is that any different now?
traito?:funnyface:

As I said, I don't support Hamas. I support the rights of the Palestinians, who happen to be Christians too, to be free of the Jewish yoke. .
Terrorism was crowned in Palestine by the European Jews including Irgun and the Stern Gang.

And I repeat, if your family had been evicted from their homes and their land taken away, would you be enamored with the people who did it? That's the trouble with you Zionists, you just cannot admit to what actually happened.

The Hamas and Palestinians is by their vast majority Arab Muslim supporting a Muslim state where Christians condemned to die, while in Israel Christmas flourish (Israelis) which iswhy Christians support Israel(Israelis and Palestinians) so after you will done supporting the Palestinians over Israelis you will find yourself supporting Christian (5% of? )Palestinians to make it a secular state where in the meantime be a Muslim Shari'a state and all of the Christians in Israel would find themselves dead.
Christians can't live with radical Islam, period.

Do you have a source for that that is not connected to Israel?

If Pollard truly did this out of a misguided sense of loyalty to Israel, I might feel more lenient but he didn't.

Perhaps. But the moment he asked Israel not to release him because of American pressure, because he doesn't want Israelis suffering because of him (the deal was his release in exchange of Palestinian prisoners' release from Israeli jails), he is automatically enters the Israeli lists as a righteous.

Righteous? Even though his actions cost his country a lot of damage?

No. I can't agree with that at all. It strikes me more as grandstanding.

Israelis view Pollard in an Israeli POV, and what we see from Israel is that he refused to be released in exchange of Palestinian killers being released. Most responses on MEDIA were extremely supportive of him, and crowned him a hero, no less, for that.

That's something that might piss you guys off, being Americans, and It's understandable, it is, but I guess we see it differently. You know how many people saw Va'anunu as a hero, after he betrayed us and released information? Many of us think of him as a creep, yet many Americans still idolize him. If that's fair then, fair is fair.

I'm just saying.

I never heard of Va'anunu.

But I understand the different national perspectives :)
Probably not. He blew the whistle on Israel's nuke program. Israel wants that quiet.

Do you feel the same of Snowden?
He released Classified Data. He was under oath to keep it Classified.

He deserves nothing for breaking the oath and releasing Classified material irregardless of who it went to.

Jail time. No deal.

Think he should be shot. Sold the info to Israel, didn't give it to them out of some noble intention.

He did it for money. And he sold information to more than just Israel. But he's served his time and I'm fine with that.

Crimes committed? He disclosed classified info, just as Pollard did, to other countries. The fact you choose to differ one from the other, is ludicrous. And Pollard served 30 years for his treason.
Sadly, I've yet to see a real effort to get Russia to return Snowden to face his day in court.

One sold out his country to Israel.

The other gave out information about crimes committed by his government.

Chalk and cheese.

Indofred, et al,

No, actually they are not all that different. They are two separate events. In the case of the National Security Agency (NSA), there was no wrong doing. Congress, in their everlasting grand standing, had to create a new law to cover the intercepts. AND now, with the disclosure of recent terrorism threat from DAESH (ISIS/ISIL), Congress may have to rescind that law.

Crimes committed? He disclosed classified info, just as Pollard did, to other countries. The fact you choose to differ one from the other, is ludicrous. And Pollard served 30 years for his treason.
Sadly, I've yet to see a real effort to get Russia to return Snowden to face his day in court.

One sold out his country to Israel.

The other gave out information about crimes committed by his government.

Chalk and cheese.
(COMMENT)

Mr Snowden did NOT disclose any violations of law. The disclosures of Five-Eyes material of a Signals Intelligence nature resulted in the commission of several different offenses:

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 8.02.15 AM.png

They are both in the family of espionage; one related to "gathering" information, and the other related to "disclosure." And these are the very same violations that Mr Pollard committed.

Don't feel sorry for Ed Snowden. He is a jerk.

Most Respectfully,
R

Israel want's its spy back, Israel helped ISIS, Israel owns congress, these are all good things for Americans to know, that Israel will stab us in the back if it suits her...

There is hope that our younger generations on campus know what's going on and they will be in power to defang the Israeli Fascist State in due time.

Is this part of your Dachau Zwie plan to finish the final solution once and for all. Have you enlisted the services of Iran and Pakistan in your plans ?

Is this part of your Dachau Zwie plan to finish the final solution once and for all. Have you enlisted the services of Iran and Pakistan in your plans ?

I lost argument is generally noted by a post suggested something that has never been said, proving the offending poster can't make any valid point to support his position.
We see that here with this total invention, posted in an attempt to make people think I'd said it.

NSA's phone spying program ruled illegal by appeals court

Yes, illegal.

As for efforts to get him back, they don't want him because a trial would bring down a good few people.

NSA's phone spying program ruled illegal by appeals court

Yes, illegal.

As for efforts to get him back, they don't want him because a trial would bring down a good few people.

Forum List

Back