Israel Preparing To Take Out Iran Nukes?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1920074,00.html

The Sunday Times - World

The Sunday Times December 11, 2005

Israel readies forces for strike on nuclear Iran
Uzi Mahnaimi, Tel Aviv, and Sarah Baxter, Washington
ISRAEL’S armed forces have been ordered by Ariel Sharon, the prime minister, to be ready by the end of March for possible strikes on secret uranium enrichment sites in Iran, military sources have revealed.

The order came after Israeli intelligence warned the government that Iran was operating enrichment facilities, believed to be small and concealed in civilian locations.

Iran’s stand-off with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) over nuclear inspections and aggressive rhetoric from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, who said last week that Israel should be moved to Europe, are causing mounting concern.

The crisis is set to come to a head in early March, when Mohamed El-Baradei, the head of the IAEA, will present his next report on Iran. El-Baradei, who received the Nobel peace prize yesterday, warned that the world was “losing patience” with Iran.

A senior White House source said the threat of a nuclear Iran was moving to the top of the international agenda and the issue now was: “What next?” That question would have to be answered in the next few months, he said.

Defence sources in Israel believe the end of March to be the “point of no return” after which Iran will have the technical expertise to enrich uranium in sufficient quantities to build a nuclear warhead in two to four years.

“Israel — and not only Israel — cannot accept a nuclear Iran,” Sharon warned recently. “We have the ability to deal with this and we’re making all the necessary preparations to be ready for such a situation.”

The order to prepare for a possible attack went through the Israeli defence ministry to the chief of staff. Sources inside special forces command confirmed that “G” readiness — the highest stage — for an operation was announced last week.

Gholamreza Aghazadeah, head of the Atomic Organisation of Iran, warned yesterday that his country would produce nuclear fuel. “There is no doubt that we have to carry out uranium enrichment,” he said.

He promised it would not be done during forthcoming talks with European negotiators. But although Iran insists it wants only nuclear energy, Israeli intelligence has concluded it is deceiving the world and has no intention of giving up what it believes is its right to develop nuclear weapons.

A “massive” Israeli intelligence operation has been underway since Iran was designated the “top priority for 2005”, according to security sources...

There's a part of me that wants for WWIII to start, because I don't see anything getting any better unless we undo a lot of what we've done. I'm almost of the opinion that man doesn't deserve to be here anymore.

Mr. P said:
I’ve said before Israel would be the one to do this, with US assistance.
I am surprised they would go public with it though.

And I would be very surprised for them to wait until March...

Mr. P said:
I noted March too. It may be a bit of saber rattling. I’ll bet they are ready right now if need be.
I should also say, it may be part of their "diplomacy" before the International Atomic Energy Agency visit in March to do whatever they do…..You know, build a fire under their ass..

Pale Rider said:
There's a part of me that wants for WWIII to start, because I don't see anything getting any better unless we undo a lot of what we've done. I'm almost of the opinion that man doesn't deserve to be here anymore.

I'm beginning to wonder what the hell I fought for! :puke3:

Mr. P said:
I’ve said before Israel would be the one to do this, with US assistance.
I am surprised they would go public with it though.
Why? What does Israel really have to worry about? There is no other super power in the world (other than us) that can stop them militarily.
Pale Rider said:
There's a part of me that wants for WWIII to start.
I thought it did on 9/11.

Was there not a Pentagon report the last days, which said Israel can not "wipe off" Iran?

BATMAN said:
Why? What does Israel really have to worry about? There is no other super power in the world (other than us) that can stop them militarily.

Ever hear of “The element of surprise”?
It has nothing to do with being a super power, but everything to do with a successful mission with the least possible loss of life.

canavar said:
Was there not a Pentagon report the last days, which said Israel can not "wipe off" Iran?

In this case the U.S. should stay out of Israel's business. They did the world a favor by knocking out Saddam's capability; now let them do the world another favor--and soon!

Adam's Apple said:
In this case the U.S. should stay out of Israel's business. They did the world a favor by knocking out Saddam's capability; now let them do the world another favor--and soon!

Whoa there a sec----Don't forget that we have 150,000 troops right next door to Iran as we speak. We should have a hell of a lot of say in what Israel decides to do right now. As an Iranian leader, the first retaliation effort I made would be to pour troops into Iraq.

dilloduck said:
Whoa there a sec----Don't forget that we have 150,000 troops right next door to Iran as we speak. We should have a hell of a lot of say in what Israel decides to do right now. As an Iranian leader, the first retaliation effort I made would be to pour troops into Iraq.

Let him. That would be the dumbest thing he could do. Hell, I'd enlist if I thought I'd get to be part of the stone wall that the pathetic wave of Iranian "dirty soldiers" broke against.

Hobbit said:
Let him. That would be the dumbest thing he could do. Hell, I'd enlist if I thought I'd get to be part of the stone wall that the pathetic wave of Iranian "dirty soldiers" broke against.

How much support would there be here at home for an war against Iran, Iraq and all the other muslim nations that would join in on the attempt to drive Americans and Jews out of the middle east?

dilloduck said:
One or two well placed tactical Nucs take care of that.

Forum List

Back