Israel Preparing To Take Out Iran Nukes?

dilloduck said:
Israelis LOVE to live in the middle of millions of arabs. They certainly picked that. Or are you just telling me they are just poor victims of fate?

They "picked" that? Tell me what other choice they had for their own land?

You do realize one saying of the arabs is "we will destroy the Jews on saturday, and the Christians on Sunday"

Today the leader of Iran is continuing his fanatical diatribes of future destruction of all that isnt Shitte.

LuvRPgrl said:
Today the leader of Iran is continuing his fanatical diatribes of future destruction of all that isnt Shitte.
He's also saying the Holocaust was a myth.
Let the countdown to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's :blowup: begin.

I don't see it happening. At least not yet.

First, I think it's, for now at least, alot of bluster. Iran doesn't have weapons, is probably a few years from developing them, but is talking big. In response, Israel is also talking big. But right now, what is there to actually hit? Probably not too much in the way of real nuclear weapon development infrastructure.

But let's suppose, for the sake of argument, that there are installations that can be hit and are worth hitting.

For the Israelis to go it alone they'd have to fly over either U.S. occupied Iraq, or over Turkey, or all the way around the Arabian peninsula. Or they'd have to launch precision cruise or ballistic missiles.

I don't know that they have such missiles. I don't think they do have anything reliable enough to get the job done with any amount of certitude.

With respect to the Arabian peninsula, can they even do that? Do the Israelis have carriers? Or refueling aircraft with the necessary range? I could be wrong but I don't believe they do.

With respect to Turkey, I'd like Canavar to give his idea of the opinion of the Turkish military, but if they denied us access for the Iraqi invasion I have to believe they'd deny the jews fly over rights.

Which leaves flying over U.S. occupied Iraq. Many might disagree, many might believe we've given the Israelis our tacit approval, but the more I think about it the more I belive the U.S. military would reject out-of-hand anyone flying military aircraft through their operational area.

So that excludes all avenues for unilateral Israeli attack.

So there's U.S. / Israeli co-operation where we give the Israelis sattellite recon. and 'pave the way' with precision munitions for the Israeli airforce to fly in, drop their bombs, and escape.

Should we be concerned with the opinion of the Iraqi population? Would it bother them if we allowed the jews to fly over their country to attack their muslim neighbors? Does anyone think concerns such as these aren't considered at the top levels of State and Defense?

In this instance however, any concern about the likelihood of an Iranian military response is secondary. The U.S. military would probably welcome a straight fight with the Iranians compared to the guerrilla attacks of terrorists and old regime elements in Iraq.

As I said, I believe it is, at the moment, just a lot of talk. The Israelis and U.S. intelligence believe they have a few more years. Moreoever the administration has cold feet over getting involved in hostilities with another country after the shitstorm they've gotten from the media and the Democrats because of Iraq.

No, either the Iranians will be persuaded over the course of the next few years to abandon their nuclear ambitions (unlikely), pressure on and intense observation of the Iranians will cause their development of nuclear weapons to be substantially delayed, perhaps by a decade (somewhat likely), or they will within 3-5 years develop a nuclear weapon and attempt to smuggle it into Israel in order to level Tel Aviv (most likely). This will be followed by a general ground assault by Iran and Syria through Syria. The jews will retaliate with nuclear weapons, destroying much of Syria and western Iran, and the invading forces. After that, who knows.

Mr. P said:
One or two well placed tactical Nucs take care of that.

Not a good Idea, first we are still allied with Isreal, hitting them with fallout does not seem like a very friendly thing to do. Second we are still trying to rebuild Iraq, so it seems foolish to liberate and irradiate. Third we have 150,000 troops in Iraq, hitting our own men with fallout is not a good thing for morale, Fourth and least important, we are trying to keep Iran from getting nukes because we are afraid that they will use them, we would lose vast amounts of foreign support if we used the same weapons that we are trying to keep from the Iranians.

Israelis have German Dolphin-Class submarines which are able to get silently near the street of Hormuz. From there they could attack different buildings in Iran.

This week FBI-Chief Robert Mueller was in Turkey for talks.
Since 3 days now CIA-Chief Porter Goss is in Ankara. It is all Top-Secret, no press-conferences, no statements. Porter Goss' visit was not announced, he came surprisingly. He wanted to go after 2 days again to Langley. But he extended his visit for 1 day to meet with Turkish General staff.

Only speculations ??????

Since Saturday Vize-General Staff of Turkey Gen. Büyükanit is in Washington. He will stay there till this Saturday. This man will become in August 2006 General staff of Turkey .

There is something ongoing but i can not say if this all has to do with Iran, Iraq, Syria, US-Turkey Relations? Or all of it...

After 6 Months of not haveing an US ambassador in Turkey after Eric Edelman's new job in the Pentagon, now Ross Wilson arrived in Ankara.

These are major developments.

If the CIA director visits Turkey just after the head of the FBI, this must be an important sign. However, there are certain details to be careful with. The FBI represents the domestic front of US national security and the CIA the foreign front. Therefore, successive visits by these officials show that there’s a comprehensive dialogue ongoing. These contacts coinciding with Land Forces Commander Gen. Yasar Buhuyanit’s visit to Washington strengthens the picture of coordination. I checked with the US side about CIA Director Porter Gross’ visit, but they were tight-lipped. However, they underlined one point: They said that this visit wasn’t a sudden one, but the final link in a chain which began with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice’s visit to Ankara in February and which covers a great many high-level mutual military and civilian visits. They said that this situation was putting the lie to claims that relations were facing hard times and was moreover a concrete indication of the cooperation which is ‘gradually deepening.’ As for the issues to be discussed by Gross in Ankara and Buyukanit in Washington, they are known. The Turkish side confirmed this as well. These issues can be listed as follows: the general situation in Iraq and the presence of the terrorist PKK in northern Iraq, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s controversial remarks that threaten instability in the region, and the Syrian issue vis-a-vis Iraq and Lebanon.
http://www.byegm.gov.tr/YAYINLARIMIZ/CHR/ING2005/12/05x12x12.HTM# 10
(ALL SPECULATIONS, nothing certain official statement)...

And January Condoleeza Rice will come, this was today announced in Turkish press.

deaddude said:
Not a good Idea, first we are still allied with Isreal, hitting them with fallout does not seem like a very friendly thing to do. Second we are still trying to rebuild Iraq, so it seems foolish to liberate and irradiate. Third we have 150,000 troops in Iraq, hitting our own men with fallout is not a good thing for morale, Fourth and least important, we are trying to keep Iran from getting nukes because we are afraid that they will use them, we would lose vast amounts of foreign support if we used the same weapons that we are trying to keep from the Iranians.

We have awesome non nuclear technology that we can use surgically to avoid all this fallout and collateral damage, tHough there will be some. Like an eagle in a china shop.

U.S. URGES TURKEY TO HELP IN IRANIAN STRIKE

ANKARA [MENL] -- The United States has launched another effort to persuade Turkey to help stop Iran's nuclear weapons program.

Turkish government sources said the Bush administration has sent a series of high-level U.S. officials to Ankara to discuss the Iranian threat. The sources said the administration has urged Turkey to help in intelligence and other operations that would target Iran's nuclear weapons program.

"The United States wants Iran's neighbors to be more active in helping stop its nuclear program," a government source said. "As we are the only NATO ally that neighbors Iran, we are the focus of the U.S. effort."

Over the last two months, a series of senior administration officials discussed the Iranian threat with Ankara. Over the last week, Turkey has hosted FBI director Robert Mueller and CIA director Porter Goss.

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2005/december/12_15_1.html

But i cannot confirm this quoted "official statement" in this news, as there has been no official statement, yet.

As i mentioned, our Vize-General-staff is in Washington.
He was one day at an Army base at the invitation of U.S. Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Schoomaker.

After this, he went over to Washington.
There he has meetings with Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Peter Pace, Secretary of the Army Francis Harvey and Eric Edelman, the former U.S. ambassador to Turkey who is now undersecretary of defense for policy.

After this, he will have meetings with different think-tanks. Mainly AEI with this Michael Rubin person.

This and CIA and FBI in Turkey visitings is a perhaps a pre-Iran-WAR ongoing?

I don't know!

---------------------------------

CIA’s Goss Reportedly Warned Ankara Of Iranian Threat
Cumhuriyet - During his recent visit to Ankara, CIA Director Porter Goss reportedly brought three dossiers on Iran to Ankara.

Goss is said to have asked for Turkey’s support for Washington’s policy against Iran’s nuclear activities, charging that Tehran had supported terrorism and taken part in activities against Turkey.

Goss also asked Ankara to be ready for a possible US air operation against Iran and Syria.

Goss, who came to Ankara just after FBI Director Robert Mueller’s visit, brought up Iran’s alleged attempts to develop nuclear weapons. It was said that Goss first told Ankara that Iran has nuclear weapons and this situation was creating a huge threat for both Turkey and other states in the region. Diplomatic sources say that Washington wants Turkey to coordinate with its Iran policies. The second dossier is about Iran’s stance on terrorism. The CIA argued that Iran was supporting terrorism, the PKK and al-Qaeda. The third had to do with Iran’s alleged stance against Ankara. Goss said that Tehran sees Turkey as an enemy and would try to “export its regime.”
http://www.anatoliantimes.com/hbr2.asp?id=89035

as i said, all newspaper-speculations. nothing official from state-officcials or Army-organizations.

deaddude said:
Tactical Nucs DD, not the BIG GUNS..My post was in response to the Iranians pouring there army into Iraq, where we only have some 150,000 troops. It would be the best option to save them and quickly end any attack.

As far as fallout, it would be minimal and depending on wind flow, and may never drop on Israel at all.

canavar said:
U.S. URGES TURKEY TO HELP IN IRANIAN STRIKE

ANKARA [MENL] -- The United States has launched another effort to persuade Turkey to help stop Iran's nuclear weapons program.

Turkish government sources said the Bush administration has sent a series of high-level U.S. officials to Ankara to discuss the Iranian threat. The sources said the administration has urged Turkey to help in intelligence and other operations that would target Iran's nuclear weapons program.

"The United States wants Iran's neighbors to be more active in helping stop its nuclear program," a government source said. "As we are the only NATO ally that neighbors Iran, we are the focus of the U.S. effort."

Over the last two months, a series of senior administration officials discussed the Iranian threat with Ankara. Over the last week, Turkey has hosted FBI director Robert Mueller and CIA director Porter Goss.

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2005/december/12_15_1.html

But i cannot confirm this quoted "official statement" in this news, as there has been no official statement, yet.

As i mentioned, our Vize-General-staff is in Washington.
He was one day at an Army base at the invitation of U.S. Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Schoomaker.

After this, he went over to Washington.
There he has meetings with Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Peter Pace, Secretary of the Army Francis Harvey and Eric Edelman, the former U.S. ambassador to Turkey who is now undersecretary of defense for policy.

After this, he will have meetings with different think-tanks. Mainly AEI with this Michael Rubin person.

This and CIA and FBI in Turkey visitings is a perhaps a pre-Iran-WAR ongoing?

I don't know!

---------------------------------

CIA’s Goss Reportedly Warned Ankara Of Iranian Threat
Cumhuriyet - During his recent visit to Ankara, CIA Director Porter Goss reportedly brought three dossiers on Iran to Ankara.

Goss is said to have asked for Turkey’s support for Washington’s policy against Iran’s nuclear activities, charging that Tehran had supported terrorism and taken part in activities against Turkey.

Goss also asked Ankara to be ready for a possible US air operation against Iran and Syria.

Goss, who came to Ankara just after FBI Director Robert Mueller’s visit, brought up Iran’s alleged attempts to develop nuclear weapons. It was said that Goss first told Ankara that Iran has nuclear weapons and this situation was creating a huge threat for both Turkey and other states in the region. Diplomatic sources say that Washington wants Turkey to coordinate with its Iran policies. The second dossier is about Iran’s stance on terrorism. The CIA argued that Iran was supporting terrorism, the PKK and al-Qaeda. The third had to do with Iran’s alleged stance against Ankara. Goss said that Tehran sees Turkey as an enemy and would try to “export its regime.”
http://www.anatoliantimes.com/hbr2.asp?id=89035

as i said, all newspaper-speculations. nothing official from state-officcials or Army-organizations.

Yeah. ANd they're offering showing them benefits packaging that comes with employment at BuchcoWorld.

rtwngAvngr said:
Yeah. ANd they're offering showing them benefits packaging that comes with employment at BuchcoWorld.

Sorry, i did not understand. but it was sarastic i think. :huh:

canavar said:
Sorry, i did not understand. but it was sarastic i think. :huh:

I mean they're just negotiating over what the benefits will be to TUrkey for their assistance.

Mr. P said:
Tactical Nucs DD, not the BIG GUNS..My post was in response to the Iranians pouring there army into Iraq, where we only have some 150,000 troops. It would be the best option to save them and quickly end any attack.

As far as fallout, it would be minimal and depending on wind flow, and may never drop on Israel at all.

All I know is that I was in Romania when Chernobyle happened, several hundred miles away, got out immediatly, doc still says that I have a significantly higher chance of getting cancer. Fallout scares the shit out of me.

deaddude said:
All I know is that I was in Romania when Chernobyle happened, several hundred miles away, got out immediatly, doc still says that I have a significantly higher chance of getting cancer. Fallout scares the shit out of me.
Understandable..Chemical, Biological an Nuclear warfare was part of what I did in the military. It can be done, somewhat cleanly. Chernobyle was an all out uncontrolled mess. There is a big difference.

The US could tell Israel, No, no flying over Iraq, with a wink. All the while, knowing we would let them do it, then when its all done, we could claiim they went stealth and we didnt even know.

Now I have further informations for you:

On Sunday NATO-General-Secretary Jaap de Hoof Scheffer is comeing to Turkey.
Also Turkish press is expecting in the weeks ahead

NSA Director Admiral Lowell E. Jacoby

DIA Director Thomas Wilson

----------------------------------

Summarize:

- Vize-General Staff of Turkey General Büyükanit is for 7 days in Washington.

- FBI Director Robert Mueller was in Ankara

- CIA Director Porter Goss was in Ankara

- Israeli General Staff DAN HALUZ is comeing to Turkey.

- Condoleeza Rice is comeing on January to Turkey.

- NATO-General Directory JAAP de HOOF Schaffer is Sunday comeing to Turkey.

The next weeks Ankara is expecting (BUT NOT OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED):

NSA Director Admiral Lowell E. Jacoby
DIA Director Thomas Wilson

:dunno:

I think USA is again :kiss2: Turkey. When all this doesn't point to something big, then i do not know what is going on.

Ankara is preparing to host another important guest next week in the wake of the visits of FBI Director Robert Mueller and CIA chief Porter Goss. New Israeli Chief of General Staff Lt. Gen. Dan Haluz will come to Turkey next Thursday . Haluz will meet with Chief of General Staff Gen. Hilmi Ozkok, and is also expected to have talks with Defense Minister Vecdi Gonul. /Hurriyet/
http://www.byegm.gov.tr/YAYINLARIMIZ/CHR/ING2005/12/05x12x15.HTM# 6

Zhukov said:
As I said, I believe it is, at the moment, just a lot of talk. The Israelis and U.S. intelligence believe they have a few more years.

"Ciao, CIA, By Jack Kelly, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, December 11, 2005

On Aug. 2, Dafna Linzer of the Washington Post reported that "a major U.S. intelligence review has projected that Iran is about a decade away from manufacturing the key ingredient for a nuclear weapon, roughly doubling the previous estimate of five years."

On Dec. 5, the Jerusalem Post reported that Mohammed ElBaradei, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, "confirmed Israel's assessment that Iran is only a few months away from creating an atomic bomb."
"

According to the above, the CIA projects Iran will have an atomic bomb within 10 years, while Israel's intelligence projects they will have this capability in just a few months. Both assessments were made this year, U.S.'s in early August; Israel's in early December. Given the CIA's track record in recent years, I think I would believe Mossud's assessment on this one.

11th "Heavy crimes Court" in Ankara. Judge Ferhan Özmen releases this anouncement: "Iran uses terrorism as legitimate foreign policy. It used this form of foreign policy against Turkey. Iran is the centre of Islamic Terrorism since 1979".

Iran is guilty of:

- Newspapers Kollumnist UGUR MUMCU on the 24 January 1993 through bombs attack killed.

- Prof. Dr. Muammer Aksoy on the 31 January 1990 killed.

- Prof. Dr. Ahmet Taner Kışlalı on the 21 September 1999 killed.

- Doç. Dr. Bahriye Üçok on the 6 September 1990 through package bomb killed.

- Abdulgani Bedev, worker at the embassy of Saudi Arabia in Turkey through gun-shot on the 25th Septemeber 1988 killed.

- 7 June 1995 tried bomb attack on Yuda Yürü, chairperson of the "Hebraic society" in Ankara

- 2 April 1989 tried bomb attack on the chairperson of the "Ankara English-Turkish cultural society"

- 14 January 1990 bombs attack tried on saudi-Arabia embassy worker Abdurrezzak Keşmiri

- 18 June 1990 bombs attack tried on the "Diyanet Vakfı" in Ankara

- 30 December 1991 before the Hürriyet-Newspaper central in Ankara a bomb is found in the trashcan

- 7 March 1992 tried bomb attack on the Israeli Ambassador Ehud Sadan in Ankara.

17th Decmber 2005
http://www.radikal.com.tr/haber.php?haberno=173233
http://arsiv.sabah.com.tr/2005/12/17/gnd95.html

Forum List

Back