Israel Preparing To Take Out Iran Nukes?

simply unacceptable to the Israelis. Personally I wouldn't blame Sharon, or whomever wins the election, for bombing the daylights out of the Iranians nuclear program. As for destabilizing the region; a nuclear Iran destabilizes everything anyway. As for the European reaction, ahhhhhh, who gives a shit? Certainly not Bush.
A preememptive strike by Israel, I would argue, is at this point not an offensive attack, but rather, given Iraninan rhetoric for the last five years, a defensive attack. 'Sides we owe our former Persian allies a major ass-kicking ourselves. The US has more than likely privately told Israel "Hey y'all attack them or we will". If there were an Iranian military response in Iraq I would approve of limited theater nuclear tactical strikes against Iran. In the words of a former WWII vet I once worked with "Fuck 'em, feed 'em fishheads".

rtwngAvngr said:
Bad logic. It doesn't necessitate regime change, though that would be nice. It can just be bombed when they build it again.

Which is exactly what happened previously. Israel has already bombed nuclear plants in Iran.

dilloduck said:
Oh goody--I just can't wait for the shit to hit the fan when those reactors are hit. Anyone thinking this will be remain some kind of simple surgical strike with no world wide repecussions knows nothing about world politics. Canavar lives there---it may be a good idea to listen to him.

There wasn't any worldwide implications the last time Israel bombed nuclear sites in Israel. It isn't necessarily probable that they would attack Israel, or even enter into Iraq to engage the US. If Israel is successful in ending their current nuclear ambitions it is even unlikely that they will. If it does cause civil war, it becomes more likely that they will attack Israel or send troops into Iraq as it will cause a distraction, especially an attack on Israel as even the younguns think it is a bad place.

Im not sure why anyone would think Russia isnt gonna stop em.

Any major unstability in Iran is more than welcomed by the US. An attack by Iran on US military in Iraq is MORE THAN WELCOMED by the Bush administration. We would like nothing more than an opportunity to help the young educated revolutionaries in Iran to take over.

no1tovote4 said:
Which is exactly what happened previously. Israel has already bombed nuclear plants in Iran.

And it sucessfully set Iran back some years......Which is all it was supposed to do I believe??

BATMAN said:
I know that Israel hit Iraq's reactor in 1981, but when did they ever hit one in Iran?

You are correct about that -it was Iraq. I think the Israeli govt and people are rightfully scared to believe Iran would bomb Israel off the map as soon as they have the capability.

Bonnie said:
You are correct about that -it was Iraq. I think the Israeli govt and people are rightfully scared to believe Iran would bomb Israel off the map as soon as they have the capability.
As well they should be----whats best for the US is a horse of a different color tho. Ya think?

dilloduck said:
As well they should be----whats best for the US is a horse of a different color tho. Ya think?

Right Gold Member, much better that Israel be wiped off the face of the map. :beer:

dilloduck said:
If it is them or us would prefer it to be them.
Let's hope we have better allies than you and Israel does too. (meaning, US).

Kathianne said:
Let's hope we have better allies than you and Israel does too. (meaning, US).

well hopefully both countries wont have to deal with this choice of mass destruction but many here feel it to be evident. If its us or them---I still would have to answer that I honestly would prefer it to be them. Be honest--you would too!

dilloduck said:
well hopefully both countries wont have to deal with this choice of mass destruction but many here feel it to be evident. If its us or them---I still would have to answer that I honestly would prefer it to be them. Be honest--you would too!
In all honesty, they are our ally and I'm with them in taking out the threat. iran is currently the threat.

Kathianne said:
In all honesty, they are our ally and I'm with them in taking out the threat. iran is currently the threat.

We dont really have a choice--they are going to do what they want anyway. If the timing is shitty for America, I guess thats just our tough luck. All I asked is that they would be willing to give the US a heads up since we have troops all over the place there.

dilloduck said:
We dont really have a choice--they are going to do what they want anyway. If the timing is shitty for America, I guess thats just our tough luck. All I asked is that they would be willing to give the US a heads up since we have troops all over the place there.

I think Iran picked the timing.

Kathianne said:
I think Iran picked the timing.

naaaaaaa---they just set up the scenario. Israel will have to be responsible for their own actions like we did in Iraq. It will be nice having another country having to explain themselves for awhile.

dilloduck said:
naaaaaaa---they just set up the scenario. Israel will have to be responsible for their own actions like we did in Iraq. It will be nice having another country having to explain themselves for awhile.
Israel did not pick the president of Iran, nor those that were developing the capability. Neither did the US with Iraq, get over your bias.

Kathianne said:
Israel did not pick the president of Iran, nor those that were developing the capability. Neither did the US with Iraq, get over your bias.

Israelis LOVE to live in the middle of millions of arabs. They certainly picked that. Or are you just telling me they are just poor victims of fate?

dilloduck said:
Israelis LOVE to live in the middle of millions of arabs. They certainly picked that. Or are you just telling me they are just poor victims of fate?

Again, look at your own prejudices.

Kathianne said:
Again, look at your own prejudices.

Well I hope I have some or I would be some kind of bowl of jello now wouldn't I? I will also claim to be discriminating but that doesnt have much to do with the topic at hand. Can we deal in truths instead of personalities ?

Forum List

Back