Israel is a great friend to us but....

Yet another 'lets bitch about Isreal' tread.... huge turn off :eusa_whistle:

Nonsense. This about the constant begging commercials on tv. In fact its not much different than the left always moaning about the poor on here. Yet somehow when I bitch about it its wrong?

Double standard often?

Ask PF Tinman if I have a double standard....

I am just sick of Isreal being the target of so many ugly threads. Its boring....

Yes, we have poor and under privileged.

If folks were as concerned about them, we would have commercials begging for money to give to them....

Instead, they have Obama

'BECAUSE WE GOT OBAMA'
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJdu-HCyGZE]"We aint rich, but one day this year we will be cause we got Barack Obama" - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't even know this Israel board was on here. I never really noticed the Israel threads before this got moved.

I was out for lunch and this commercial came on the screen behind the bar. I've seen it so many times it just struck a nerve and I posted to vent. I had no idea this topic would spur such hate and ignorance.

My mistake

I'm sick to death of the many infomercials of them begging for money and food. We have many poor and hungry here at home and were BROKE.

These commercials are a huge turn off.
While those commercials are aimed mainly at the (substantial) American Jewish population Israel is and has been the recipient of considerable aid from the U.S. since its establishment in the 1940s. Since 1974, Israel has received nearly $100 billion in assistance, including three special aid packages. The first followed the signing of the Israel-Egypt peace treaty and Israel's withdrawal from the Sinai. The redeployment of Israeli forces and rebuilding of air bases in the Negev cost $5 billion. To partially compensate for this sacrifice, Israel received $3 billion ($2.2 billion of which was in the form of high-interest loans) in U.S. aid in 1979. It should be noted those loans are never repaid.

While Israel is called an "ally" this is deceptive rhetoric. An alliance calls for reciprocity but our relationship with Israel is a one-way arrangement. What we've received from Israel in exchange for our considerable support is spying and in one egregious example a long-term espionage operation (the Jonathan Pollard Affair) in which some of our most valuable military intelligence was stolen from us by our "friend," Israel.

Pollard is considered a hero in Israel and to this day the Israeli government lobbies for his release from prison.

The reason for our "friendship" with Israel is the lobbying influence of AIPAC and JINSA, two financially powerful American/Jewish political organizations.

It would be to our advantage to sever all relations with Israel.

I'm sick to death of the many infomercials of them begging for money and food. We have many poor and hungry here at home and were BROKE.

While those commercials are aimed mainly at the (substantial) American Jewish population Israel is and has been the recipient of considerable aid from the U.S. since its establishment in the 1940s. Since 1974, Israel has received nearly $100 billion in assistance, including three special aid packages. The first followed the signing of the Israel-Egypt peace treaty and Israel's withdrawal from the Sinai. The redeployment of Israeli forces and rebuilding of air bases in the Negev cost $5 billion. To partially compensate for this sacrifice, Israel received $3 billion ($2.2 billion of which was in the form of high-interest loans) in U.S. aid in 1979. It should be noted those loans are never repaid.

While Israel is called an "ally" this is deceptive rhetoric. An alliance calls for reciprocity but our relationship with Israel is a one-way arrangement. What we've received from Israel in exchange for our considerable support is spying and in one egregious example a long-term espionage operation (the Jonathan Pollard Affair) in which some of our most valuable military intelligence was stolen from us by our "friend," Israel.

Pollard is considered a hero in Israel and to this day the Israeli government lobbies for his release from prison.

The reason for our "friendship" with Israel is the lobbying influence of AIPAC and JINSA, two financially powerful American/Jewish political organizations.

"substantial" jewish population???? you mean the 1.5% of this country that's jewish.

as for pollard... he got a sentence far greater than anyone similartly situated...well, except the rosenbergs.

and they sent the russian bimbo spy home.

you're seriously an idiot.

Last edited:

What substantial Jewish population do you speak of? :confused:

So, don't give your money. The definitive word is "your" Grampa.

Typical. Everyone misses the fucking point. THE FUCKING COMMERCIAL GETS OLD. IT'S PLAYED TOO OFTEN.

I guess many of you are perfect and NOTHING ever irritates you?

Some people can be shallow

given i've never seen any "begging" commercials from israel, and given, that a night doesn't go by that i see an infomercial to raise money for christian children, i have to wonder why your thread wasn't about that.

i mean, aren't you offended by christian children as much as you are holocaust survivors?

inquiring minds want to know.

All of those long ass commercials irritate me yes. Even the ones with the abused animals. Not because I don't have a heart but because they try to prey on peoples weaknesses.

I buy food bank coupons nearly everytime I goto the grocery store. We have enough people in our country that need help.

Typical. Everyone misses the fucking point. THE FUCKING COMMERCIAL GETS OLD. IT'S PLAYED TOO OFTEN.

given i've never seen any "begging" commercials from israel, and given, that a night doesn't go by that i see an infomercial to raise money for christian children, i have to wonder why your thread wasn't about that.

i mean, aren't you offended by christian children as much as you are holocaust survivors?

All of those long ass commercials irritate me yes. Even the ones with the abused animals. Not because I don't have a heart but because they try to prey on peoples weaknesses.

I buy food bank coupons nearly everytime I goto the grocery store. We have enough people in our country that need help.

Maybe, if you were educated, you'd have a good career and life and wouldn't be sitting on your fat, lazy ass watching TV, redneck.

Turn the freekin channel..... talk about shallow :eusa_whistle:

Just pokin at ya Bro.... no offense intended.
:poke:

If I had the restaurant remote I would have. :)

Turn the freekin channel..... talk about shallow :eusa_whistle:

Just pokin at ya Bro.... no offense intended.
:poke:

If I had the restaurant remote I would have. :)

Burger King isn't really a restaurant, redneck.

but you didn't do a thread complaining about raising money for christian children, or about animals.. or even a generic thread about commercials shilling for money, did you?

but you didn't do a thread complaining about raising money for christian children, or about animals.. or even a generic thread about commercials shilling for money, did you?

Stop digging. There's nothing else to find.

Stop digging. There's nothing else to find.

Maybe, if you weren't tiling trailers for a living, you wouldn't need food stamps, redneck

"substantial" jewish population???? you mean the 1.5% of this country that's jewish.
substantial (seb stansel)
adj.
1 of or having substance
2 real; actual; true; not imaginary
3 strong; solid; firm; stout

4 considerable; ample; large
5 of considerable worth or value; important
6 having property or possessions; wealthy
7 with regard to essential elements; in substance
8 Philos. of, or having the nature of, substance
n.
a substantial thing: usually used in pl.
substantiality (-se ale te) or substantialness

n.
substantially
adv.

Etymology
[ME substancial < ML substantialis < LL]

As you can see, the word substantial does not primarily refer to numbers or amounts but to substance. So you might say the reference is complimentary.

as for pollard... he got a sentence far greater than anyone similartly situated...well, except the rosenbergs.
They should have hanged the treacherous bastard.

The Russians were not pretending to be our friend and ally. Israel was.

And you are loyal to a foreign country rather than to the only nation which has afforded you safety and opportunity in the history of your culture.

substantial (seb stansel)
adj.
1 of or having substance
2 real; actual; true; not imaginary
3 strong; solid; firm; stout

4 considerable; ample; large
5 of considerable worth or value; important
6 having property or possessions; wealthy
7 with regard to essential elements; in substance
8 Philos. of, or having the nature of, substance
n.
a substantial thing: usually used in pl.
substantiality (-se ale te) or substantialness

n.
substantially
adv.

Etymology
[ME substancial < ML substantialis < LL]

As you can see, the word substantial does not primarily refer to numbers or amounts but to substance. So you might say the reference is complimentary.

They should have hanged the treacherous bastard.

The Russians were not pretending to be our friend and ally. Israel was.

And you are loyal to a foreign country rather than to the only nation which has afforded you safety and opportunity in the history of your culture.

You refuse to take the mental illness medication the nice nurse asked you to do? Now, how can you expect to get better, psycho?

Forum List

Back