Israel demolished 467 buildings and displaced 700 Palestinians in 2012

You seem to make my point for me here, and it's nice that we seem to agree.

Samaria still exists geographically - as does Prussia, as does Sudetenland.

But those terms no longer exists, and we now use Palestine, or OT, Germany and Poland, as appropriate.

Palestine is no more of a fraud than Germany is.

Palestine is older as a national identity than some 20 other countries, and probably more.

How old is Canada? South Sudan? New Zealand? Tanzania?

Time moves on - as do sensible people.

I trust this will be the last time we see this laughable old "Where was Palestine in 1900?" nonsense trotted out.

Still doesn't change the fact that today Germany is a country and Palestine isn't.

It does not change the fact that in 1900 EVERY PALESTINIAN IN THE WORLD WAS A JEW Nor does it change the fact that the EXTREME CHANGE in the definition of the word PALESTINIAN ----was fostered by persons intent on perpetuating a FRAUD which---reaches the level of ORWELLIAN fantasy. The persons who fostered the fraud -----as idiotic as it is------are actually insisting that the PALESTINIANS of 1900 were "arabs" In fact they even use the definition of the word "palestinian" to insist "Jesus of nazareth as not a jew----he was a palestinian just like ---- MALIK NIDAL HASAN " The redefinition of words to create so silly a fraud------actually does CREATE LIES and FALSE BELIEFS lies are counter productive to the welfare of people of the planet

I wasn't around in 1900, but:

-) the vast majority of the inhabitants of what one would define as Palestine were not Jews at that point
-) very few Jews then or today would call themselves Palestinians.

Still doesn't change the fact that today Germany is a country and Palestine isn't.

It does not change the fact that in 1900 EVERY PALESTINIAN IN THE WORLD WAS A JEW Nor does it change the fact that the EXTREME CHANGE in the definition of the word PALESTINIAN ----was fostered by persons intent on perpetuating a FRAUD which---reaches the level of ORWELLIAN fantasy. The persons who fostered the fraud -----as idiotic as it is------are actually insisting that the PALESTINIANS of 1900 were "arabs" In fact they even use the definition of the word "palestinian" to insist "Jesus of nazareth as not a jew----he was a palestinian just like ---- MALIK NIDAL HASAN " The redefinition of words to create so silly a fraud------actually does CREATE LIES and FALSE BELIEFS lies are counter productive to the welfare of people of the planet

I wasn't around in 1900, but:

-) the vast majority of the inhabitants of what one would define as Palestine were not Jews at that point
-) very few Jews then or today would call themselves Palestinians.

I know enough people whose grandparents and greatgrandparents were PALESTINIANS in 1990 AS to the vast majority of inhabitants of palestine being not jews----depends on what you called "palestine" If you include TRANSJORDAN---than ---a fairly simple majority were not jews-----but--in fact there were parts of palestine that actually had jewish majorities-----with increasing jewish populations ---it was the part of palestine that had lots of jews that became Israel----ie Israel in 1948 had as its majority ---jews. All jews living in palestine in 1900 called themselves PALESTINIANS ---no muslim arabs did. My husband arrived in palestine as an infant----long before 1948 His papers were stamped PALESTINIAN ---as were the papers of all jews and no arabs I do not know your background----but I can tell you----I have read books and even magazines from back then-----when the word PALESTINIAN appears ----it means JEW really that is the way it was. Since you do not know----I will tell you-----even centuries ago-----jews called themselves and other jews living in palestine PALESTINIANS ---to an arab PALESTINIAN meant jew.----another story -------a few years ago I ended up in a part of New York City that is the area where jews predominated ----I do not know the language YIDDISH---but I can make out hebrew letters and words and Yiddish is written in Hebrew letters -----I saw an old abandoned brick building with a sign painted on the brick ---old and faded and obviously Yiddish I struggled to make out ONE LONG WORD ----it was PALESTINIAN---dated something very early 1900s like 1912 It had been an organization devoted to some cultural projects and support of palestinian jews

It does not change the fact that in 1900 EVERY PALESTINIAN IN THE WORLD WAS A JEW

That isn't a fact - it is childish nonsense. It doen't even qualify as a myth.

In 1900, the Jewish population of Palestine was around 2%-3%.

And no, it does not depend on what you call Palestine.

Try again Saigon----no matter what you call PALESTINE-----the word PALESTINIAN in 1900 meant JEW -----anyone out there want to discover the ignorance of Saigon----go to a large library----and seek out travel guides or even medical jounals that reference PALESTINE------take a look at who are called "palestinians" the SAIGONs of the world have a big problem with THE PRINTING PRESS-----it -----made written records available to MILLIONS---and then came MICROFILM

It does not change the fact that in 1900 EVERY PALESTINIAN IN THE WORLD WAS A JEW

While I don't agree with irosie, your statement is just as stupid. Of course the percentage of the population of Israel that was Jewish depends on how one defines Palestine in 1900. That's simple mathematics. But you're too stupid to grasp that.

the word PALESTINIAN in 1900 meant JEW

Yeah, and there is no such place as Poland, and Germany does not exist.

Really, Rosie...this doesn't even warrant a serious response.

You must know yourself how dumb this sounds.

Saigoon, you win a seegar and a 7 day, all expense paid vacation in Shangri La and as an added bonus, a 3 day tour of Oz. COME ON DOWN!!!!

How old does this saigon person think I am ? I was supposed to "whine" about the SUDETENLAND when? as to whining about the SAMARITANS ---when did that happen? If some germans wish to refer to the erstwhile sudetenlands as "the sudetenlands" I would certainly not spit out "does not exist" For historic and cultural reasons SUDETENLAND might exist for some people As far as I am concerned SAMARIA EXISTS ----as SAMARIA If someone wants to use the name "PALESTINE" for a country that might exist someday------even though historically doing so is based on a tragic fraud and the word itself is so foreign to the people who have adopted it that they cannot pronounce it except in a CLOWNISH MANNER ---to wit as BALESTINE-----there is nothing that I can do to end that idiotic idea. They can even invent a HISTORY OF PALESTINE ---recounting the thousands of years arabic speaking people resided ------wherever this "balestine" ends up landing Whatever BALESTINE WILL BE ------SAMARIA STILL EXISTS GEOGRAPHICALLY -------it is culturally and historically important

You seem to make my point for me here, and it's nice that we seem to agree.

Samaria still exists geographically - as does Prussia, as does Sudetenland.

But those terms no longer exists, and we now use Palestine, or OT, Germany and Poland, as appropriate.

Palestine is no more of a fraud than Germany is.

Palestine is older as a national identity than some 20 other countries, and probably more.

How old is Canada? South Sudan? New Zealand? Tanzania?

Time moves on - as do sensible people.

I trust this will be the last time we see this laughable old "Where was Palestine in 1900?" nonsense trotted out.

South Sudan is still a baby.

Decent people, world over----hope South Sudan survives and prospers----It might even become a place of refuge for other oppressed people in the area

South Sudan may also be a distinct threat to its neighbours.

If you follow events in this region, you will have seen an alliance between Khartoum and Kampala, with Juba aligned with Addis. And Khartoum has also worked with the LRA before.

Should South Sudan become wealthy, expect Kampala to be threatened with terror groups.

And yes, South Sudan is a baby - like Italy, Germany and Canada, it is a concept younger than Palestine.

If you follow events in this region, you will have seen an alliance between Khartoum and Kampala, with Juba aligned with Addis. And Khartoum has also worked with the LRA before.

Should South Sudan become wealthy, expect Kampala to be threatened with terror groups.

And yes, South Sudan is a baby - like Italy, Germany and Canada, it is a concept younger than Palestine.

You just keep lying.

Its a developing libel In order for Khartoum to steal southern sudan back---the ummah has to develope a justifying reason. Every imperialistic venture upon which the islamic empire engaged in the past 1400 years -----was justified as "DEFENSE OF ISLAM" The rulers of Khartoum are arabs----not sudanese

Its a developing libel In order for Khartoum to steal southern sudan back---the ummah has to develope a justifying reason. Every imperialistic venture upon which the islamic empire engaged in the past 1400 years -----was justified as "DEFENSE OF ISLAM" The rulers of Khartoum are arabs----not sudanese

Actually, many of the rulers of Sudan are not Arab - many are Nubian or from one of the other northern peoples.

Khartoum has all the reasons it needs to attack South Sudan, but there are many things influencing that thinking. What happens in Addis Ababa this year will be crucial in that. The Sudanse conflict is closely linked to the fighting in Somalia and Ogaden, with the LRA in CAR and in Darfur and rebel movements in northern Tchad.

There is also concern that the ICC now has a precedent for indicting and convicting a sitting head of state - that sent quite a shockwave through the Sudan.

No, you are wrong. The Italian, German and even Canadian peoples have been around hundreds of years. "Palestinian" Arabs began calling themselves that after 1967.

Forever Young -

No, I am not wrong.

Germany gained independence in 1871, and its borders were only 'finalised' in 1945.

Italy gained independence in 1870, and the borders 'finalsed' in 1919.

Canada gained independence in 1867.

The German, Italians and Canadian peoples existed - but not using those names.

The term 'Palestine' dates back to at least the 5th century, and some sources traces it back to 1150BC. Try finding a reference to Germany dating back to 1150BC!

The term 'Palestinian' used to describe the people of the land area we now know as Palestine became widespread in the late 1910s - early 1920s at the very latest, and I am happy to provide books which confirm this.

Last edited:
Forever Young -

No, I am not wrong.

Germany gained independence in 1871, and its borders were only 'finalised' in 1945.

The term 'Palestine' dates back to at least the 5th century, and some sources traces it back to 1150BC. Try finding a reference to Germany dating back to 1150BC!

The term 'Palestinian' used to describe the people of the land area we now know as Palestine became widespread in the late 1910s - early 1920s, and I am happy to provide books which confirm this.

Yes, please provide the titles of these books.

I think the best one to start with is David Fromkin's "Peace to End All Peace".

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Peace-End-All-Ottoman-Creation/dp/0805068848]Amazon.com: A Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East (9780805068849): David Fromkin: Books[/ame]

He' a Jewish academic, and focuses on the key period during the 1920s when all of the key force were coming into play. It's excellent.

Forever Young -

No, I am not wrong.

The term 'Palestinian' used to describe the people of the land area we now know as Palestine became widespread in the late 1910s - early 1920s at the very latest, and I am happy to provide books which confirm this.

The pathetic liar just keeps on lying.

Forum List

Back