Israel demolished 467 buildings and displaced 700 Palestinians in 2012

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) demolished 10 Palestinian-owned structures in Area C of the West Bank this week, including five residential structures, displacing 32 Palestinians, including 14 children, according to a weekly report issued by the UN office for the coordination of humanitarian affairs (OCHA).

In a report covering the Israeli violations from august 29 to September 4, OCHA noted that Israel has demolished since the start of the current year 467 residential buildings and displaced 702 Palestinians during the same period.

During the reporting week, 17 Palestinians, including four children, were injured by the IOF, mostly during protests.

The settlers also carried out a number of attacks on Palestinian citizens and their property in the West Bank. Their attacks included racist slurs, arson attacks on agricultural lands and cars, throwing stones on vehicles.

I live in a large USA city----residential buildings are regularly SEALED and the occupants put out for all kinds of reasons------sometimes the buildings are confiscated by the city for being unsafe, in violation of building codes or even because of crime, in some cases the buildings are DEMOLISHED The number of people rendered homeless by such actions numbers in the tens of thousands I once bought a building that had been sealed---actually a small house. it was occupied by squatters when I got it I gave them three weeks to leave-------DID I COMMIT A WAR CRIME?

I live in a large USA city----residential buildings are regularly SEALED and the occupants put out for all kinds of reasons------sometimes the buildings are confiscated by the city for being unsafe, in violation of building codes or even because of crime, in some cases the buildings are DEMOLISHED The number of people rendered homeless by such actions numbers in the tens of thousands I once bought a building that had been sealed---actually a small house. it was occupied by squatters when I got it I gave them three weeks to leave-------DID I COMMIT A WAR CRIME?

Did you bulldoze a house that belonged to someone else so that one of your friends could build a house there?

Did you bulldoze a house that belonged to someone else so that one of your friends could build a house there?

The activity you describe is described as such in islamo nazi literature as taking place in Samaria it isn't HOWEVER----based on what I have seen in my city ----I would say that there are some POLITICAL shenanigans going on in relation to real estate. Those people adversely affected by city building sealings or confiscations or condemnations ----often do BELIEVE that they are being targeted for SOMEONE's FRIEND IN CITY HALL Can you cite a case in samaria of houses demolished and then the land handed over to someone else------with no basis in law? House demolitions in Israel require a COURT ORDER ------the suit being served on the owner of the house with opportunity to dispute

RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) demolished 10 Palestinian-owned structures in Area C of the West Bank this week, including five residential structures, displacing 32 Palestinians, including 14 children, according to a weekly report issued by the UN office for the coordination of humanitarian affairs (OCHA).

In a report covering the Israeli violations from august 29 to September 4, OCHA noted that Israel has demolished since the start of the current year 467 residential buildings and displaced 702 Palestinians during the same period.

During the reporting week, 17 Palestinians, including four children, were injured by the IOF, mostly during protests.

The settlers also carried out a number of attacks on Palestinian citizens and their property in the West Bank. Their attacks included racist slurs, arson attacks on agricultural lands and cars, throwing stones on vehicles.

Did you happen to notice that PIC (The Voice of Palestine) article failed to include a link to the UN report? Perhaps this is why:
Gaza authorities demolish a number of structures, including residential structures
On 3 September, the Gaza authorities demolished approximately 18 structures, reportedly including four residential structures, displacing approximately 25 people and affecting an additional 75. The structures were located in an agricultural area, northwest of Beit Lahyia, and were reportedly demolished due to their location on “state land”. A few of the affected families remain displaced at the site of demolition, while the majority has moved to new locations.
According to some of the affected families, they were not provided compensation. Exact details of the process leading to the demolitions are still being assessed. On 8 July, the Gaza authorities demolished approximately 102 residential structures in Gaza City on the same grounds.
http://www.ochaopt.org/documents/oc...ivilians_weekly_report_2012_09_07_english.pdf

The activity you describe is described as such in islamo nazi literature as taking place in Samaria it isn't HOWEVER----based on what I have seen in my city ----I would say that there are some POLITICAL shenanigans going on in relation to real estate. Those people adversely affected by city building sealings or confiscations or condemnations ----often do BELIEVE that they are being targeted for SOMEONE's FRIEND IN CITY HALL Can you cite a case in samaria of houses demolished and then the land handed over to someone else------with no basis in law? House demolitions in Israel require a COURT ORDER ------the suit being served on the owner of the house with opportunity to dispute

Can you cite a case in samaria of houses demolished and then the land handed over to someone else

It happens all the time. How do you think this happened?

map_of_occupation_palestinian_by_ademmm.jpg

Bulldozing a tarpaper shack where a house belongs is OK.

It's not the same thing. If a building is "red-tagged" in the US, the owner gets a certain amount of time to become code compliant. That's not the case in the OPT.

First off, IOF shouldn't even be there in the first place. That's not Israeli land. It is the Palestinian's. These housing demolitions are illegal.

I don't get bulldozing homes.

It is collective punishment, pure and simple. It's abhorrent, and I think it is bad for Israel.

Hmmm. As usual you and TinHorn have a very narrow, one-sided view of the conflict:
Hamas Demolishes 18 More Structures

Where is the outrage? Where are the "human rights" NGOs? Where is TinHorn? In just two days of work since July 8 Gazan authorities have demolished 120 structures including residences, with some if not all receiving no compensation!

Gaza authorities demolish a number of structures, including residential structures
On 3 September, the Gaza authorities demolished approximately 18 structures, reportedly including four residential structures, displacing approximately 25 people and affecting an additional 75. The structures were located in an agricultural area, northwest of Beit Lahyia, and were reportedly demolished due to their location on “state land”. A few of the affected families remain displaced at the site of demolition, while the majority has moved to new locations.
According to some of the affected families, they were not provided compensation. Exact details of the process leading to the demolitions are still being assessed. On 8 July, the Gaza authorities demolished approximately 102 residential structures in Gaza City on the same grounds.

http://www.ochaopt.org/documents/oc...ivilians_weekly_report_2012_09_07_english.pdf

It is collective punishment, pure and simple. It's abhorrent, and I think it is bad for Israel.

Hmmm. As usual you and TinHorn have a very narrow, one-sided view of the conflict:

Where is the outrage? Where are the "human rights" NGOs? Where is TinHorn? In just two days of work since July 8 Gazan authorities have demolished 120 structures including residences, with some if not all receiving no compensation!

Good link, thanks.

Good link, thanks.

What? Where is your outrage? Those hapless Gazans were unceremoniously booted from their homes and kicked to the curb because they were on "state land" and all you can say is "thanks for the link?"
Your "concern" for those Gazans has once again been duly noted. Your "interest" extends only as far as your hate for Israel.
You're a fraud, TinHorn.

irosie91,

Human rights groups and NGO's document the houses being demolished in the Occupied Palestinian Territories and lands taken by illegal settlers, they are not "islamo nazi literature."

And there is no Samaria, except in the deluded and brainwashed minds of illegal extremist settlers and their hate filled spawn and those who defend their war cimes and atrocities.

Nabi Saleh, that is a village in which lands have been stolen and homes demolished and village springs taken, and there is nothing unique about all that is happening in that village. Illegal settler presence and house demolitions and land thefts occurs throughout the OPT every single day the Occupation exists.

Sherri

irosie91,

Human rights groups and NGO's document the houses being demolished in the Occupied Palestinian Territories and lands taken by illegal settlers, they are not "islamo nazi literature."

And there is no Samaria, except in the deluded and brainwashed minds of illegal extremist settlers and their hate filled spawn and those who defend their war cimes and atrocities.

Nabi Saleh, that is a village in which lands have been stolen and homes demolished and village springs taken, and there is nothing unique about all that is happening in that village. Illegal settler presence and house demolitions and land thefts occurs throughout the OPT every single day the Occupation exists.

Sherri

120 structures demolished in just a few weeks!
Where is your outrage? Where are the "human rights" NGOs? Where is TinHorn?
In just two days of work since July 8 Gazan authorities have demolished 120 structures including residences, with some if not all receiving no compensation!

"Gaza authorities demolish a number of structures, including residential structures
According to some of the affected families, they were not provided compensation. Exact details of the process leading to the demolitions are still being assessed. On 8 July, the Gaza authorities demolished approximately 102 residential structures in Gaza City on the same grounds."

irosie91,

Sherri
Sherri, what about the Caterpillar dealership run by Morris Birnbaum in Samaria?

Wow....talk about not get it......!

How many homes are bulldozed in the US because the tenage son was arrested for shoplifting?

irosie91,

Sherri

120 structures demolished in just a few weeks!
Where is your outrage? Where are the "human rights" NGOs? Where is TinHorn?
In just two days of work since July 8 Gazan authorities have demolished 120 structures including residences, with some if not all receiving no compensation!

"Gaza authorities demolish a number of structures, including residential structures
According to some of the affected families, they were not provided compensation. Exact details of the process leading to the demolitions are still being assessed. On 8 July, the Gaza authorities demolished approximately 102 residential structures in Gaza City on the same grounds."

SAYIT,

I do not know what this action in Gaza has to do with Israel's widespread ethnic cleansing operations all over Occupied Palestine, all designed to force Palestinians from their lands and give the lands to illegal settlers, I read in a post on another thread the houses in Gaza were being demolished to widen a road and build needed sewage and water facilities for the Palestinian population in Gaza. Hamas is not forcing Palestinians to leave to give lands to Jews.

Over 600,000 illegal Jewish settlers now illegally reside in Occupied Palestine, every day of their lives they live on land unlawfully in complete violation of international law. Why do you support the daily war crimes of Israel, in maintaning illegal settlers unlawfully on Occupied lands?

Sherri

What a strange statement from you - why would it be more acceptable for Hamas to use collective punishment than it is for Israel?

btw - Is there any evidence this WAS colletive punishment?

No one is allowed to build a house on a park here, and you wouldn't support them if they did - so please clear up why the houses were town down.

What a strange statement from you - why would it be more acceptable for Hamas to use collective punishment than it is for Israel?

btw - Is there any evidence this WAS colletive punishment?

No one is allowed to build a house on a park here, and you wouldn't support them if they did - so please clear up why the houses were town down.

Strange?
You don't find more than a bit strange all the hand-wringing and whining and bashing of Israel for doing exactly what Hamas is doing?
Tell me, how do you know that the structures Hamas demolished were built on a park?
Oh, you don't?
So you just assumed it, eh?
How convenient.

Forum List

Back