Israel demolished 467 buildings and displaced 700 Palestinians in 2012

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by P F Tinmore, Sep 10, 2012.

1. P F Tinmore

P F Tinmore Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    RAMALLAH, (PIC)-- The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) demolished 10 Palestinian-owned structures in Area C of the West Bank this week, including five residential structures, displacing 32 Palestinians, including 14 children, according to a weekly report issued by the UN office for the coordination of humanitarian affairs (OCHA).

In a report covering the Israeli violations from august 29 to September 4, OCHA noted that Israel has demolished since the start of the current year 467 residential buildings and displaced 702 Palestinians during the same period.

During the reporting week, 17 Palestinians, including four children, were injured by the IOF, mostly during protests.

The settlers also carried out a number of attacks on Palestinian citizens and their property in the West Bank. Their attacks included racist slurs, arson attacks on agricultural lands and cars, throwing stones on vehicles.

Israel demolished 467 buildings and displaced 700 Palestinians in 2012

2. Saigon

Saigon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,240
    I don't get bulldozing homes.

It is collective punishment, pure and simple. It's abhorrent, and I think it is bad for Israel.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,050
    I live in a large USA city----residential buildings are regularly SEALED and the occupants put out for all kinds of reasons------sometimes the buildings are confiscated by the city for being unsafe, in violation of building codes or even because of crime, in some cases the buildings are DEMOLISHED The number of people rendered homeless by such actions numbers in the tens of thousands I once bought a building that had been sealed---actually a small house. it was occupied by squatters when I got it I gave them three weeks to leave-------DID I COMMIT A WAR CRIME?

4. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    Did you bulldoze a house that belonged to someone else so that one of your friends could build a house there?

5. irosie91

irosie91 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,050
    The activity you describe is described as such in islamo nazi literature as taking place in Samaria it isn't HOWEVER----based on what I have seen in my city ----I would say that there are some POLITICAL shenanigans going on in relation to real estate. Those people adversely affected by city building sealings or confiscations or condemnations ----often do BELIEVE that they are being targeted for SOMEONE's FRIEND IN CITY HALL Can you cite a case in samaria of houses demolished and then the land handed over to someone else------with no basis in law? House demolitions in Israel require a COURT ORDER ------the suit being served on the owner of the house with opportunity to dispute

6. SAYIT

SAYIT Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,724
    Did you happen to notice that PIC (The Voice of Palestine) article failed to include a link to the UN report? Perhaps this is why:
    Gaza authorities demolish a number of structures, including residential structures
    On 3 September, the Gaza authorities demolished approximately 18 structures, reportedly including four residential structures, displacing approximately 25 people and affecting an additional 75. The structures were located in an agricultural area, northwest of Beit Lahyia, and were reportedly demolished due to their location on “state land”. A few of the affected families remain displaced at the site of demolition, while the majority has moved to new locations.
    According to some of the affected families, they were not provided compensation. Exact details of the process leading to the demolitions are still being assessed. On 8 July, the Gaza authorities demolished approximately 102 residential structures in Gaza City on the same grounds.
    http://www.ochaopt.org/documents/oc...ivilians_weekly_report_2012_09_07_english.pdf

7. P F Tinmore

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    It happens all the time. How do you think this happened?

[​IMG]

8. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,526
    Bulldozing a tarpaper shack where a house belongs is OK.

9. Billo_Really

Billo_Really Litre of the Band

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,261
    It's not the same thing. If a building is "red-tagged" in the US, the owner gets a certain amount of time to become code compliant. That's not the case in the OPT.

First off, IOF shouldn't even be there in the first place. That's not Israeli land. It is the Palestinian's. These housing demolitions are illegal.

10. Billo_Really

Billo_Really Litre of the Band

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,261
    That picture clearly shows it is the Israeli's trying to wipe the Palestinian's off the map, not the other way around.