Isn't the Police State what Progressives want?

Isn't the Police State was Progressives Want?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
I don't understand. If you want to pass countless laws and regulations and taxes, you need men with the authority to use lethal force to make your Big Gov work?

More laws = More police = more people in jail and/or dead.

Progressives make a distinction between 'Federal' law enforcement and 'State/Local' law enforcement.

You don't see any proposals by the administration to put body cams on FBI or IRS agents.

They want it now because they think THEY will be the beneficiaries of it but when they start becoming victims of that police state they won't like it so much (and that day is coming).

The progs will get it if the cons don't rein in the cops at the state and local levels.

The progs are playing the propaganda on this very well.

I don't understand. If you want to pass countless laws and regulations and taxes, you need men with the authority to use lethal force to make your Big Gov work?

I don't think it is. Not for most of them. That's why I have hope. When they see how many of their ambitions for government inevitably point to oppressive government, they'll come see that civil liberties are more important than social justice, and that the 'great society' is something we should create voluntarily.

When they see how many of their ambitions for government inevitably point to oppressive government, they'll come see that civil liberties are more important than social justice, and that the 'great society' is something we should create voluntarily.

I really, really, don't think that's gonna happen.

I think they have consciously and specifically decided that they are willing to give up civil liberties for social justice.

Well yeah, they put Obama as President didn't they? And these people standing with Obama are playing right into their hands

The Department of Homeland Security purchased 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition in just the past 10-months. The military used approximately 70-million rounds in each year of the Iraq war. Could it be that DHS is looking to arm a new civilian national security force?

They want it now because they think THEY will be the beneficiaries of it but when they start becoming victims of that police state they won't like it so much (and that day is coming).

This is exactly why Progressive "Intellectuals" are always the first layer of fertilizer in the mass graves

Cons are on the side of the cops over the last several senseless killings by cops.

Cons support the death penalty.

You really can't get any more pro big government than that.

Cons are on the side of the cops over the last several senseless killings by cops.

Actually, only establishment cons are on the side of the NYPD in the Eric Garner case.

Those "racist teabaggers and terrorist Libertarians" support Eric Garner, but that same crowd realizes that if Progressives didn't have so many laws that require men-with-the-authority-to-kill in order to enforce them, Eric Garner wouldn't have died at the hands of the Progressive Police State to begin with.

Also, the establishment conservatives that are against Garner, agree with Progressives 90% of the time, so I don't even see a difference between you. What was the difference Obama and Romney? Can't really think of any differences, not even 0-Romneycare.

Nope, you have it wrong, it's the right who favors a police state, so they can enforce bans on all forms of personal freedom that they don't agree with.

Nope, you have it wrong, it's the right who favors a police state, so they can enforce bans on all forms of personal freedom that they don't agree with.

Who runs Ferguson and the Big Apple? The right or the left?

This is so weird..I was JUST thinking this as I was running errands at lunch. Watching progressives whine about the cops is tres ironic, given the fact that they think the state needs to be involved in, and closely monitoring, every breath we take.

Welcome to your police state. How do you like that side order of Obamacare we told you to avoid?

Anti-Crime, pro-death penalty stances are not big government stances, you brain dead dolt.

But a pro-criminal stance is absolutely the hallmark of progressives the world over....

Last edited:

They're not bright enough to make the connection between what they advocate and what they are getting. They're highly related.

They're not bright enough to make the connection between what they advocate and what they are getting. They're highly related.

That's the key, the Progs who help overthrow the government are the first ones the police state round up

well your brainwashing has been complete and you spilled it all over us... so your job is done now

Forum List

Back